Have you ever just finished a game from start to finish in one sitting?

RavingLibDem

Dec 20, 2008
ToonLink said:
RavingLibDem said:
ToonLink said:
RavingLibDem said:
ToonLink said:
assassins creed

i got so sucked into the story i couldnt stop playing.
I really, really, really hope that your being ironic....

but yea, me and a friend started Halo 3 at 12, finished at 6, i think first time i played it through we did it in a oner as well
the fact that you played Halo 3 makes your comment irrelevant.
and yes i LOVED Assassin's Creed. i cant wait for AC 2 to come out.
maybe ur making an excuse cause you didnt UNDERSTAND the story.
Dude... like, it wasn't a story, it was a failure to organise a piss up in a brewery! I mean, its one of the only games where i think it would have been better without a story!

oh, and im not a fanboy, i just dont care if a games a success or failure, i like playing halo cause its fun, you shoot stuff, its challenging, and yeah, basically a good game, although not god destroying, so please try not to get all uppity with me, or ill have to start ignoring you cause you like Assasins Creeds story, which you may have noticed, I am not doing yet.
you sound like a 12 yr old with a short attention span. so im gonna go play a game with some actual depth and ignore you. goodbye.
hell, there's nothing that says attention span and maturity like walking away from a discussion... Oh, and dismissing a person because he enjoys Halo... yeah, moral victory man, go you!

For the record, I didn't mind assasins creeds gameplay, but the story is still the stupidest, wierdest and basically on drugs story I've ever run into, I mean, just why the stuff with the future/past thing, it would have been just as good if they had kicked you into the crusade era, said your an assasin, you gain skills over time, and if you die you respawn, I mean, that works...

But anyway, reply if you wish, if not then whatevs, I'll probably get over it after crying myself to sleep, with the light on of course, being 12 and all....

pillaysteven

Jun 4, 2008
Portal. I can't really think of any others. Perhaps God of War 1 at some stage though I probably took a break for dinner. Also may have finished MGS1 in one sitting before but again I may be mistaken.

Oh wait I definitely finished MGS4 in one sitting, 2nd/3rd time through. I skipped the cut-scenes though. May have done something similar with MGS3 but I'm not sure.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
Final Fantasy 7, not the first time through, but I got to the final battle in 19 hours playtime.

Viewtiful SNAkE

Jan 7, 2009
I did this to 3 games, Rainbow Six: Lone Wolf, Assassins Creed and Silent Hill 3

AC took me just under a day
SH3 took me 2 and a half hours
and RB:LF took me....40mins to beat....shittiest game..ever.

Siuss

Nov 3, 2008
R6 Vegas, both of 'em. Does Co-Op count?
Halo, all of 'em.
Assassins Creed
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, REALLY long car ride...
Call Of Duty: World At War
Gears Of War, both again, and on Insane (Gears 1) and Hardcore (Gears 2). I'm particularly proud of the Gears 1 run. Mostly because it was the very first time I had ever played it. Co-Op again of course.

I would have had God Of War, but a tree fell onto my house...

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Shadow Law said:
If this ever does happen then two things must be going on: either A) the game was not good or long enough to be a fairly good game or B) you have a horrible case of insomnia and need to contact your doctor right away.
Funnily enough I used to have really bad insomnia and games were a way of coping until I eventually had to go to the quacks. It's actually quite a good distraction from the tedious small hours of the night/morning. Anyway, games I've managed this with Doom, Megaman X1 & 2, COD4, COD:WaW, Resistance Fall of Man, Knights of the Nine and...

dragon_of_red said:
Can anyone ever do this to a final fantasy game? I mean really they take like 80 hours to finish
disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII. I know it doesn't count as a full game but I'm still proud that I won a bet with my friend (which was being able to finish the first disc in one sitting, 12 hours).

spyrewolf

Jan 7, 2009
indigo prophecy, shadow of the colossus, ....although both not huge in length well worth one sitting an playing through, sort of felt like an epic journey through Sotc and indigo prophecy felt like a blockbuster movie, these are two exceptions i completed both games relatively quickly and didn't feel disappointed by the experience/.