Have you ever knowingly bought a game that was "average"

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope, simply because I loved 'Till The End of Time. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as good, and was quite mediocre, but I did have fun with it in places.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
mysecondlife said:
BoredDragon said:
God, I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I would have to say Halo: Reach.
*flame shields up*
I was completely turned off the multiplayer due to the fanbase who seemed to always be either completely obsessive about the game or idiotic. This really only left me with the single player and custom games with friends, since the extent of customization in firefight made it less fun for some reason >.>
The single player was kind of fun but bored me a lot since most levels, with a few exceptions, seem to be just a series of firefight matches. Plus, the story was kind of predictable with a few plot cop-outs (Kat's death). As for custom games, I could never really find another really fun game mode, just a fun challenge map every once in a while.

Overall, it felt like an average game in the end with the flaws evening out with the fun I had
*readying flame torch + flame arrow, etc

kidding; I agree. I started playing the game knowing it would be average. I liked HaloCE; didn't bother finishing Halo2, and then I ended up ignoring Halo3.

so I hoped knowing that REACH is average to me would somewhat exceed my expectations. and yet it failed to do so..

it's not a bad game, but it's one of the most tedious game I've played recently.

now I hope your flameshield has a room for two.
Well, it was more of a disappointment for me because I actually liked the original trilogy a lot (I <3 arbiter), even the firefight mode in ODST kept me coming back for a long time. However, it seemed that Bungie started focusing on the mutliplayer exclusively and left the single player development for last minute development.

And, yes there is enough room in my flame shield for two, but it's $5.50 per half hour

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Well, I've bought games that other people thought was "Average" if thats what you mean. Some of them turned out to be really good despite the average score. Others I got cheap, and weren't amazing, but enjoyable never the else.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Brink

I knew what I was getting. I got it for Lans and thats all I expected it to be good for. I was right.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I bought Age of Conan to make sure my debit card was working, never actually got round to playing it.