Have you ever laughed at an intentional game joke?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Luke5515 said:
Listening to some random military man in mass effect 2 go on about how you can not just eyeball shots, you have to wait for the computer to pick a target, etc, etc.
Doesn't sound funny, but if you watch it it is.
you mean the sargent who asks what nutens first law is then stats "that means Sir Issic Nuten is the badest mother fucker in space!" im with you there:) oh and anything from brutal ledgend will make you laugh i mean the intro was funny as hell:)

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Battlefield: Bad Company. Not sure most of it counts, but almost anything Haggard says ever. But the best has to be him charging down a hill, gun held over his head, shouting "There's Gold in them thar hills!" at the top of his lungs......while rushing into a neutral country.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Best part of Brutal Legend for me is when Eddie first gets his wings. "Silence, Earthwalkers!"

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Gunnery Chief: This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferris slug, feel the weight.
Every five seconds, the main gun of an everest class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3% of light-speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kiloton bomb. That is three times the yield of the city-buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth.
That means- Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-***** in space. Now! Serviceman Burnside! What is Newton's first law?

Serviceman Burnside: Sir! An object in motion stays in motion, sir!

Gunnery Chief: No credit for partial answers, maggot!

Serviceman Burnside: Sir! Unless acted on by an outside force, sir!

Gunnery Chief: Damn straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that space is empty.
Once you fire this hunk of metal, it keeps going til it hits something. That can be a ship. Or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years.
If you pull the trigger on this, you are ruining someones day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your targets. That is why you wait for the computer to give you a damn firing solution. That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it". This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!

Serviceman Chung: Sir, yes sir!

---

Engineer Gabriella Daniels: Hey Kenneth, you hear Rupert is actually making good food now?

Kenneth Donnelly: Yeah, but he couldn't make a good haggis to save his life!

Engineer Gabriella Daniels: Yeah, but all haggis tastes like ass anyway.

Kenneth Donnelly: Aye, but in the right hands, it can taste like mighty fine ass!

---

Joker: Why is it always claws and guns? Why can't we go to war with a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous but fuzzy.

---

These... And quite a few more.

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
A bit of the dialog in Dragon Age:

"Swooping is bad."
"Just so you know, if the king ever asks me to put on a dress and dance the Remigold, I'm drawing the line. darkspawn or no."
"Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?"
"Yes, that's right! Watch as I thrash our enemies with the mighty power of floral arrangements! Feel my thorns, darkspawn! I will overpower you with my rosy scent!"
"What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."

(I <3 Alistair :) )

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Play Resonance of Fate. You will laugh for sure. Many times, actually. Particularly in Chapter 2 and Chapter 12.

sp86

Aug 17, 2009
Belgian_Waffles said:
Fenra said:
the "Itsa me! Mario!" line in assassins creed 2 cracked me up
I sincerely hope that they put that joke in there on purpose.
Your uncle's name is Mario Auditore, when you first see him in the game, you're attacked by a gang of hitmen (Can't call them Assassins). Your uncle comes to your rescue, Ezio squares off with him and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcPc6OQ384

I put down the controller I was laughing so hard, the mood whiplash was so intense (For context you just saw your family murdered).

r0mulu5

Oct 19, 2009
anything said by GLADOS
the HL2E2 reference to a 'certain casserole'
oh and everything that HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic says

stupid meatbags we just keep trying till we run out of cake!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Anything from the mind of Tim Schaffer (spelling?) but Brutal Legend has to be my favorite.

Eddie: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong time? Like you should have been born earlier, when the music was real?
Roadie: Like the 70's?
Eddie: Earlier... like the early 70's.

lol

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
r0mulu5 said:
anything said by GLADOS
the HL2E2 reference to a 'certain casserole'
oh and everything that HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic says

stupid meatbags we just keep trying till we run out of cake!
I agree with the HK nomination. That robot is hilariously evil.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
"There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!!!"

*Yoink*

"There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you!!!"

Uncharted 2 had plenty of fun, humerous lines but that's the only section which really had me laughing.

Sep 9, 2010
Jaded Scribe said:
A bit of the dialog in Dragon Age:

"Swooping is bad."
"Just so you know, if the king ever asks me to put on a dress and dance the Remigold, I'm drawing the line. darkspawn or no."
"Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?"
"Yes, that's right! Watch as I thrash our enemies with the mighty power of floral arrangements! Feel my thorns, darkspawn! I will overpower you with my rosy scent!"
"What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."

(I <3 Alistair :) )
The interparty dialog between morrigan and sten is fuckin hilarious.
Basically morrigan trys to seduce him and he says
"ok. How srong are your teeth? Quanri and bite through metal. Oh, and youll need armour. And a hot poker. In case i try to nuzzle you. If its not hot it wont get my attention."
And when you rescue princess anora one of the dialog options is "aren't you a little short to be a gaurd?"

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
A lot of Mass Effect's jokes made me giggle, or at least smile. Mainly because of the awkward sex talks with Liara/Tali/Garrus. I also laughed hard when Mordin sung and told me that intercourse with a drell could cause hallucinations, so be careful not to... ahem... ingest. Joker is obviously funny as well.
Other than that, I thought Portal was really funny at times, and in Gears of War I laugh every time Carmine picks up a flame thrower and informs the world it's time for a cookout, and then kills a Locust with it, stating "I like mine medium rare."