Have you ever laughed at an intentional game joke?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Giest4life said:
Mercnaries 2: The first mission in which I had to get " the Destructor" which turns out to be a pink bicycle...for 7-year olds.
Yeah, I laughed at that one too especially since I spent 10 minutes thinking it was the tank in front of it...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Skitty_McFluffernut said:
God Hand for PS2 was beyond hilarious. I nearly died when I acquired the move known as the ball buster.
lol I love that move the funny thing is it doesn't work on women in the game...

VladimirSirin

Jul 8, 2010
I've been playing "Borderlands" lately, and it's pretty hillarious all around.

(The MST3K reference was also unexpected.)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Anyone that comes out of Haggard's or -whatdoyoucallit?-'s mouth is funny.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
If it's corny enough I'll laugh but usually it's a no for me. I laughed at most of DMC3's lines because of how damn corny they were.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Ratchet and clank: A crack in time.

Orvus: on to lesson 2.
Clank: what is lesson 2? Temporal manipulation via faster than light particle acceleration?
Orvus: actually, I'm going to show you how to hit things with a big stick!

Also in A Crack in Time:

Dr. Nefarious: Clank's favorite number, 4.07...

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
"I am the very model of a scientist salarian..." among others in the Mass Effect series.

... and I'll admit it. I chuckled at the Zombine joke. Not much, but it got a small laugh.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I'm not sure but I can tell you the LEAST funny intentionally "funny" game is Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I kept hearing how funny the entire thing was and I didn't so much as grin at anything in it. It really made me hate it since I could tell they were trying too hard to be funny instead of just letting funny moments happen.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Oh, so, so, many. Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 are actually quite funny games.

Alistair, Zevran and Oghren are hilarious.

So... many... jokes.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
Well my favourite line that I've heard recently is "Jalapeño Poppers are made of people!" from Deathspank TOV.

Brutal Legend and anything else Tim Schafer has been a part of are always hilarious as well. Then you have all the rare speech in Halo that can be common with a skull, Portal, Fallout series, Paper Mario series, and countless other games that I don't want to bother listing.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Psychonauts. *in a deadpan voice uttered by a stereotypical G-man while holding a roadsign* "look at that woman's breasts... they are large"

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
ALuckyChance said:
The conversations and other things you hear between people in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I'd forgotten quite how good that game is. Can't believe I sold it; I never sell my PC games normally.

*sad face*

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Just the other night in Monkey Island 2.

"Do we have a problem here?"
"Nothing a big hug couldn't solve."

Command to look at a box in a room
"It's never polite to look at a woman's chest."

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Icarion said:
Jaded Scribe said:
A bit of the dialog in Dragon Age:

"Swooping is bad."
"Just so you know, if the king ever asks me to put on a dress and dance the Remigold, I'm drawing the line. darkspawn or no."
"Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?"
"Yes, that's right! Watch as I thrash our enemies with the mighty power of floral arrangements! Feel my thorns, darkspawn! I will overpower you with my rosy scent!"
"What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."

(I <3 Alistair :) )
The interparty dialog between morrigan and sten is fuckin hilarious.
Basically morrigan trys to seduce him and he says
"ok. How srong are your teeth? Quanri and bite through metal. Oh, and youll need armour. And a hot poker. In case i try to nuzzle you. If its not hot it wont get my attention."
And when you rescue princess anora one of the dialog options is "aren't you a little short to be a gaurd?"
I know. I love that whole game. So much of the dialog is just great. I just kept to Alistair quotes for brevity.

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
Oghren's "duel" with the dog which supposedly stole his pants in Dragon Age usually gets a chuckle out of me.

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
Woodsey said:
ALuckyChance said:
The conversations and other things you hear between people in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I'd forgotten quite how good that game is. Can't believe I sold it; I never sell my PC games normally.

*sad face*
I concur.

There was nothing quite like Chaos Theory.

Double Agent sucked, but I haven't tried Conviction yet, I only have a PS3.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
SupabadMan said:
Woodsey said:
ALuckyChance said:

*sad face*
I concur.

There was nothing quite like Chaos Theory.

Double Agent sucked, but I haven't tried Conviction yet, I only have a PS3.
It's good (in it's own right, because it doesn't want to be the Splinter Cell of old) but they dropped the ball on a lot of stuff.

Don't get me started on the problems with the PC port either.