Have you ever liked a game everyone else hated (or just said it sucked)?

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Final Fantasy X-2. And No I'm not kidding. And no one ever believes me. It's actually my second favorite Final Fantasy. Loved the Job system with the dress-spheres and the linearity of it.

Spazztic

Apr 1, 2010
I'mma go with Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires

I love the fact that it's apparently possible to take over a giant fucking country like China by just swinging your sword.

Plus I'm very imaginative and created this whole story in my head about what happened during the war and what I did afterwards. Just for shits and giggles.

Roan Berg

Jul 17, 2010
Killer 7.
(I really didn't like Suda's newest game, though . . .)
Deadly Premonitions
No-one really got this one.
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy/Angel Corp W.E.E.D.
My dad hates it. I think it's the best game ever.

phatty500

Mar 25, 2009
ive got about 100 hours of MW2 multiplayer gameplay and judging by the people on this site.

Yvgeny

Sep 4, 2011
Bulletstorm. Not exactly hated, but I've read a good deal of bile towards it. Not my favorite game ever, but my personal favorite of 2011.

I thought it was funny, colorful, and enjoyable.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Alpha Protocol. The vast majority seem to despise the game, but I rank it very highly. There were lots of flaws, and an annoying hacking system, yet overall my experience was great.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Let me see, the Call of duty series, psychonauts, and Devil May Cry.

I'm more JRPG. I go for Kingdom HEarts, Final Fantasy (all except VII), and Disgaea series.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
s0nic_al said:
Dantes Inferno. I hear so much hate on this game, but I honestly had a good time and felt moved by quite a few scenes. The only gripe I have is the look of the final boss.
I like that game as well and my thoughts on the final boss
[youtube]U_d01TcfR_0[/youtube]

O.T. another game I liked was mad world repetitive yes but you know it was pretty fun and the bosses were fun to fight

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
hyperdimension neptunia

bad battle system but a good social commentary on the console wars

the darkness is another i loved

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
SammiYin said:
AVP [latest one], I adore this game, sure it has it's flaws, but I love it.
My friends, and the internet, disagree. And that hurts me inside.
I'm in the same boat. With some friends, that game is so much fun! Though it doesn't really feel like AvP (I got good enough with the marine melee to take on any predator or alien in close quarters), it is still a very interesting dynamic between the three races.

And another game I really enjoyed was Alpha Protocol. I think it was just expectations that killed it. People were expecting Mass Effect, and well, I knew that it wouldn't be. I was hoping for combat around the level of KotOR 2's, and I guess it wouldn't be easy to disappoint in that regard.

TinyMAG

May 7, 2009
I loved Ace Combat 4 and 5 ... and 6 for that matter. The stories were always crap but something about the game was right enough that I logged hundreds of hours on AC5 and to this day has been the only game that allowed me to make real use of my PS3's backwards compatibility. Other than that, I would say the one game that even I fail to understand why I like it so much... Alpha Protocol. No story, shallow characters, a LAME and broken level system and an economy that is at best bankrupt or stuck in recession mode cuz there is NEVER enough cash...and yet I still play it - over and over and over and I STILL can't get the ending to I want and havn't been able to actually kill Marburg yet! (*REALLY* obnoxious and annoying character.) I hate it and have terrible things to say about how poorly designed and drawn the entirety of the game is and yet still I continue to play it now and then.... I dunno... Currently I am playing Final Fantasy X for my first time (also my first FF game at all) and despite being told it was crap repeatedly by fellow co-workers - I'm liking it.Thanks for listening...

_That's My Story and I'm stickin to it_

Chrishu

Jul 2, 2008
Too Human, Mirror's Edge, Brutal Legend, FFXIII, and Dragon Age 2, plus Dragon Quest and a host of japanese-ish things. Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell turned out to be great games.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Black Ops for me, maybe because I didn't play any CoD games before. It's all pretty new to me.
And I get berated from my friends because I like to play Wii games.