Have you ever tried something in real life you saw in a game and it turned out...

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
...to be WAY harder than it looks?

For instance, crouch walking silently is not quite as simple as it seems, especially with shoes on. I work out my legs pretty often, too! The sound of your clothes rustling, like while you're wearing jeans, can make a lot of noise in silent environments as well.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Turns out that destroying a pile of tyres in order to turn them into Lego bricks is way harder than Batman made it seem.

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
I attempted to mimic some moves from fighting games when I was a kid when the playground was quiet. I probably looked like I was having a fit or dancing really, really weirdly. To be specific I was emulating moves from Soul Blade and Tekken 2.

Ruuvan

Nublet
May 26, 2009
I once tried an Assassin's Creed "blend" on a bench with two people (seat free in the middle).
Walked up, sat down, both the fockers get up and move on!

Maybe whispering "blend" as I sat down was the clincher...

Nix33

Jul 5, 2014
Reloading an FN FAL airsoft using the technique shown in Modern Warfare 2, where you knock the empty magazine out using a new one. I just ended up dropping both magazines and looking exponentially less TACTICHUL than expected. As a result, a couple of guys from my squad spray-painted "OPER8 HARDER, M8" on my backpack.

NoX 9

I Want A Hug!
Jul 2, 2014
Nix33 said:
Reloading an FN FAL airsoft using the technique shown in Modern Warfare 2, where you knock the empty magazine out using a new one. I just ended up dropping both magazines and looking exponentially less TACTICHUL than expected. As a result, a couple of guys from my squad spray-painted "OPER8 HARDER, M8" on my backpack.
I tried to do this with AK magazines and broke the catch that attaches the magazine on the front as I tried to put the fresh one in. It's hard to hit the right spot when you try to do it very quickly X3. Didn't lose much respect from it though, I'm already infamously clumsy and also 'women, amirite'.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I don't think I've ever tried but this thread makes me really want to try to crouch walking silently.

Stand by for updates.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
I don't think I've ever tried but this thread makes me really want to try to crouch walking silently.

Stand by for updates.
I just tried it. My legs feel like they are commencing ritualistic suicide!

Why don't we lose stamina when sneaking?! Sprinting is nothing in comparison! Geez, I am gonna take a bath before I die!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I can't begin to tell all the times I tried to double jump or grow by eating mushrooms!
.>
<.<'
just kidding.....

Firing a handgun really fast... I hit the two first bullets but after that they flew a little here and there.
Recoil is a *****!

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
lucky_sharm said:
...to be WAY harder than it looks?

For instance, crouch walking silently is not quite as simple as it seems, especially with shoes on. I work out my legs pretty often, too! The sound of your clothes rustling, like while you're wearing jeans, can make a lot of noise in silent environments as well.
Well, unlike in games, we can sneak without crouching and it's in fact much better to sneak standing up.

OT: Tried swinging a wooden sword the way Sora does. His fighting style makes no sense.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
Honestly, the only thing I tried from games would be to mentally reach for QUICK LOAD when some unexpected shit happened, such as dropping my favourite mug and watching it break into million pieces or fixing the sink and managing to get all the dirty water from the syphon (is that what you call it anyway?) on the floor of the kitchen.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Guffe said:
grow by eating mushrooms!
I mean, depending on the kind of mushrooms... you'll at least feel like a you're a giant.

OT: playing Game Dev Tycoon sometimes makes me forget that actual game development is really tedious.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Roofstone said:
Colour Scientist said:

Stand by for updates.
I just tried it. My legs feel like they are commencing ritualistic suicide!

Why don't we lose stamina when sneaking?! Sprinting is nothing in comparison! Geez, I am gonna take a bath before I die!
Me too - I was getting tired just going across my room and back. No doubt I couldn't have gone much further without being much louder about it, and thus defeating the point.

I feel like it'd be a whole lot easier if I could just stand up =S I sincerely hope I'll never have to do that, cus crawling on my hands and knees would likely be a lot easier as I crawl up to my adversaries and beg for mercy.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
Punhing trees does not, in fact, give you wood. It hurts though.
Also, trying to carry as much gear as some people in certain rpgs is not good for your back.
Lastly, saving your progress in life is really hard and loading a previous save nearly impossible.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Queen Michael said:
Turns out that destroying a pile of tyres in order to turn them into Lego bricks is way harder than Batman made it seem.
And when I killed a prostitute, stole a car, and led the police on a high speed chase where I was eventually killed, respawning ways waaaaay more difficult than GTA made it seem.

Weirdly, though, I did get to keep all my weapons.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Jim Trailerpark said:
I used Hadoken on my sister once

Nothing happened
Switch sister to brother and you got me.

I also tried to do Ken's fire shoryuken. Did not work.

Also hurricane kick....Did not work either....

Real life sucks.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
Well, lockpicking certainly isn't the joyride they show you in games and/or movies. Because as it turns out, hairpins can get jammed in the lock, leaving you with A) a closed door, B) a broken lock and C) a very pissed-off landlord.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It turns out that walking is really freaking hard and painful when you're down to one health point...