Have you ever tried something in real life you saw in a game and it turned out...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Once I attempted saving the game before entering the subway just in case something would happen. Didn't even catch on quickly about how absurd the idea was. For at least half a minute I stood there, trying to figure out how the hell to save.

I've also gotten quite intrested in trying to crouch walk now...
lucky_sharm, the destroyer of legs!

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Roofstone said:
Colour Scientist said:
I don't think I've ever tried but this thread makes me really want to try to crouch walking silently.

Stand by for updates.
I just tried it. My legs feel like they are commencing ritualistic suicide!

Why don't we lose stamina when sneaking?! Sprinting is nothing in comparison! Geez, I am gonna take a bath before I die!
Pro tip for any aspiring sneakers (hah) out there. Just stand up and sneak... it is ten times easier.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Well, there's loads really. But the main one, the worst one, was when I tried to do some fancy flashy shit with my katana, and on a twirl to handswap to backwards stab, nearly neutered myself. Couldn't clear my leg due to blade length, so it went through my pants, through my boxers, leaving a cut on my right leg, and a small hole in my left. Missed my small and delicate testicles by next to nothing.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
I used run with my arms behind my back like sonic does in certain games cus I thought it'd make me faster :/
Also tried to do Ryu's spinning kick move and landed on my ass as a result.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
Beating up +10 thugs simultaneously in a series of perfectly executed and unnecessarily acrobatic kicks and punches, while never taking a single hit. I still beat them up, of course, but it looked much better when Batman did it.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Veldie said:
Soooo many things. XD

I'm sure everyone has also tried the Kamehameha.
I tried the fusion dance once. My partner and I must not have had equal power levels.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
Bowling. Thought it would be okay after playing some years of Wii sports bowling. Nope I was awful, just terrible.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I tried jonny cages move in mortal kombat where he does the splits and punches his opponent in the nuts. I got in SO much trouble from that at school.

I tried flying like mario in mario64. Ended up with a sprained ankle.

I also tried throwing knives at a fast pace without aiming or proper knowledge how to handle them. Threw a knife right through my couch.

I was a dumb kid. Actually that knife thing i did pretty recently, so i'm kinda also a dumb adult.

Among other things.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Back in the late 90s and early 00s, every kid who owned both a) Tony hawk's Pro Skater and b) an actual skateboard had at least one injury to show for it.

Video game fighting moves are difficult. Backflips hurt when you fail them. Humans are actually pretty difficult to lift overhead and throw. Striking anything with a spinning stick is a good way to have the stick ricochet off and possibly smack you in the face...

After playing lots of Assassin's Creed I almost thought it would be natural and discreet to move through crowds by putting my hand on people's arm/shoulder to move them out of the way. Luckily I realised that would just be weird.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
In an inverse of the topic I looked up a Zweihander for sale just to wish for it, and reading its specs I was surprised it was only 6 pounds heavy. I have swung around an 8 pound exercise bar like a sword quite successfully and a 10 pound rifle(I was in High School ROTC) with little trouble. So that makes me interested how I would fare with it if i had the money to get it.
Bestival said:
Well, there's loads really. But the main one, the worst one, was when I tried to do some fancy flashy shit with my katana, and on a twirl to handswap to backwards stab, nearly neutered myself. Couldn't clear my leg due to blade length, so it went through my pants, through my boxers, leaving a cut on my right leg, and a small hole in my left. Missed my small and delicate testicles by next to nothing.
I would definitely not try any fancy Soul Calibur shit with it. I'm glad when I did try fancy katana moves it just a wood toy because I did hit myself in the balls.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I tried to build a castle like in Minecraft, but it was too hard and I got so drunk I gave up on it.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
dark souls makes this seem easy but dying and coming back as a hollow is near impossible feat to do

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The bicycle kick does not work in real life, nor running on walls. The flying mid-air kick is easier though. Also I zone out while driving in real life and Need for Speed...wish that one wasn't easy to do.

I don't know if it was the sights or that it was a BB gun, but aiming is hard.

The Random Critic

Jul 2, 2011
I haven't try them per se, but

Don't try to punch a tree...

Also chopping wood can cause injury, instead of falling out of the sky and it flows towards you perfectly. It can also takes some serious strength to carry just a few of them. It also takes very very long to just chop a single tree down.

Guns are loud, and have a ton of recoil

Romance option in almost all games. (counting visual novels)

Guns are really loud

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Using two weapons at once, to much swinging around to keep focused on what you are doing until you block with one and strike with the other...right onto your block and rebound it to your face...

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Tried the subtle push everyone out of my way Assassin's Creed style of sneaking/crowd maneuvering. Got me through the crowd, albeit noticed, with someone taking a swing at the back of my head, missing, and getting into a fight with the other guy he hit.

Ancient Mariner

Jan 8, 2014
A few summers ago my friend and I attempted those signature Max Payne dives (we were pretty bored). We wore thick jackets and had a few cushions to fall on if I remember correctly. Needless to say, hitting a target with an air soft gun whilst in the middle of a dive to the ground is ridiculously difficult.

Also, holding a large monkey wrench like Jack does in Bioshock is very difficult, perhaps my wrists are simply too weak.