Have you left WoW and if so why.

Nescabarr

Aug 6, 2011
I enjoyed WoW for the Dungeons, I wasn't a very high-level player, only 46, But nevertheless I enjoyed playing with School friends online, but once they quit I felt the game lacked variety of quests, miscellaneous things to do, so I left. I regularly quit and joined the game with perhaps 1-2 month gaps, but quit a month later due to boredom. I wouldn't recommend the game if you need to be constantly entertained.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I played for a good few years but it lost it's appeal.

I just grew bored of it.

My missus still plays although she's a bit bored of it aswell.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Well, I could never really get into all the solo grinding and questing, and finding groups in that game was kinda difficult since I was on a medium population server. The only way I got experience was from doing instances, because I actually liked those. Also, I was on an RP server, and things were AWESOME in the beginning when the population was low and practically everyone knew everyone. But then the pop went up, the RP got pretty cliche (I swear, everyone's character's backstory involved them getting possessed with a demon, or darkness, or the Lich King, or something. Sheesh), so yeah... Enjoyment declined, so I just up and left... And went back to Maplestory.

mizushinzui

Apr 12, 2010
I never played it religiously, I only played at all because they made a starter edition so I could see what it was like, but of the several attempts I made to start a WOW character (or two) I noticed something:

The game is impenetrable.

I mean I was reviewing the game for something I was doing on youtube, and to do this I borrowed a friends account that he was payed up for the rest of the month for. Now after making a new character and leveling it up to like 50 or something stupid like that I still had no idea what I was doing.

Beyond the basics I still had no idea what raiding, DPS, Tank, Healer (less so for healer :L) or anything was. The terminology was weird, the people playing where arseholes and the hole game just became unplayable. Since then I haven't really tried to return, I play occasionally because it's free and I can play dwarfs (Ftw!) but I never got the appeal of WoW.

A few people told me that I needed friends who play WoW to really get it, but none of my friends are really that nerdy, and the two that are didn't really help me to understand it. From what I could tell once you had leveled to a certain point you then had to do daily quests and raid all the time. Which strikes me as odd to be honest, because it's sort of a cycle of boredom.

Oh well, guess I just never got the subscription MMO as a genre. Now, once they've released a proper graphical zombie apocalypse mmo? Sign me strait up :L

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I played the trial I didn't got the game because, it wass boring, my pc isn't very nice and doesn't like to run games at a good frame rate and and I don't see myself paying every month for a game I will only play every now and then.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Played the trial and it bored me to tears before the trial ended.I am not one for playing games based on grinding when nothing ever really happens

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Getting to max level was the fun part for me, but once you're at max level it's just Heroic, Heroic, Heroic, Raid, rinse & repeat. It got more and more boring, then one day I decided I needed that HDD space for something more worthwhile, so I uninstalled it. Never looked back since.

Also, way too many people take WoW far too seriously. It's only a game at the end of the day.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I left it because I couldn't really get into in the first place. I played on and off for years trying to get into it, but I really couldn't. I tried so hard cuz most of my friends play, and i thought it would be cool because I really like RPGs, but it was just repetitive and boring. Anything in the game that was exciting, ended up failing to meet my expectations. For example: I worked for days and days, capturing Humor the Pridelord and Krush from WC as pets for my hunter. Humor looked pretty cool, but that was it, no extra HP, no extra techniques, nothing. Krush didn't even look cool, he just looked like a normal turtle pet. Because blizzard deemed that it would be unfair to give players a reward for capturing an elite pet, I was robbed of all feelings of accomplishment.

And this is just one experience of many. the whole game is geared towards skill being irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how much time you pump in. Even the quests, it doesn't take skill to find 15 sunstrider beaks, it just takes the ability to do a repetitive task over and over again. Some of the quests make you find a specific location. Half the time, reading a map doesn't even help, because you still end up having to climb to the top of some mountain by running into and strafing back and forth and jumping for 3 fucking hours just so you can piece together a trail that actually reaches the top at a shallow enough angle for you to walk up.

The whole game is just completely unsatisfactory, now that I look at it. The rewards suck, and half of the cool things you can do in the game take hours and do nothing but change your appearance.

Honestly, I would probably still play if it was free, but it's soooo not worth paying for. wow costs the same as 3 brand new 360 games a year, I'd rather have that. Honestly, like Yahtzee says: There's nothing like coming home after a long day of doing repetitive boring tasks and relaxing by going online and doing repetitive boring tasks.

Jazzyjazz2323

Jan 19, 2010
Blizzard fucked me so I said fuck them,Cata started off great and then turned out to be another lie..Go take your overnerfed bullshit somewhere else,I started playing WoW because it was fun and challenging now it's a walk in the park all about how much time you have to throw at something till you have the best loot.

LJJ1991

May 6, 2011
I played WoW for about three years on and off. I had quit for well over a year before Cataclysm, but tried it one more time earlier this summer. I only played for a month before I quit again. However, unlike the previous breaks I've taken, I have no intention of going back to WoW ever again. For this, I have three reasons.

1.) The fact that I was able to level a character from 1- 85 and get him geared to the point where I had beaten all but one of the three released raids AND had only two bosses left in Blackwing Descent simply felt ridiculous. My first character, that I started back in BC, took almost a full year to level to 70 (of course, I was a total noob, but still). The game has simply become too easy. The whole point to having incredibly difficult raids and a rigourous leveling process (not that it was ever THAT hard, but it was certainly too easy and quick in Cata) was to make the player really work for their rewards and have them feel accomplished when they finally achieved it. Nowadays, a lot of that hard work is simply handed to you. You don't need to heavily research the bosses because the process is intergrated into the system, dungeon ques (although, originally, a great addition to the game) have made it far too easy to advance and get gear and the game even teaches you how to use your class. Now, that last one isn't a totally bad thing, but WoW used to be set up so you could, to an extent, customize the "best" way to do things (dps, healing, tanking, pvp). Yes, there were always the "best" ways to do these things, but it wasn't quite as black and white as it is now. In cataclysm, there is a specific "best" way to do things for each role and its class. All I had to do was look up a rotation and I was instantly doing more dps than anyone else in the group. Does it help with raiding? Yes. Does it take out some of the fun? Yes. WoW used to be a relatively balanced game (I think their prime was in BC/ Wrath) when it comes to difficulty. Everyone could have fun in the game and there were raids/ instances that players of all experience could learn and join in on, but there were also those brutally difficult raids that ONLY the best and most experienced players could beat. That was what I loved about the game and... unfortunately, that has disappeared... at least in my opinion.

2.) I'm not about to say that Cataclysm doesn't have good content. In fact, I completely disagree with that claim. Blizzard has found a way to make questing fun (at least for me). It doesn't feel like so much of a grind simply because their really is a story to each area you quest in. I hated questing in BC and Wrath. It sucked, it was boring and it was a grind. They totally changed that in Cataclysm and that was pleasent, but that's about all they did. Gameplay in WoW hasn't really changed, at all. Not that they need to change it, but they could at least add something new once in a while. Flying mounts were the last big change that really impressed me. Yeah, they added siege warfare in Wrath, but it was sort of clunky and not a whole lot of fun. There was once siege warfare type gameplay that really impressed me, in Cata. Going through the "Harrison Jones and the Temple of Uldum" arc, you get to fly a plane and shoot a turret. That was a lot of fun... but it only lasted like two minutes and you weren't able to go back and do it again. If they wanted to add something so fun, why not make it repeatable?! Anyways, the point is, gameplay has been quite static throughout WoW's history and it has shown.

3.) The last reason is simply monetary, but not JUST because of money. On its own, WoW isn't that expensive, but it consumes time like there's not freakin' tomorrow (except when I played Cata simply because I'd get bored and log off). Not to mention they've started to add a cash shop which is like saying you have to pay monthly for a smart phone AND pay for each individual feature. Although, I actually see WoW's cash shop as evidence that it will someday be free to play (along with the, now, unlimited free trial), but that's a LONG time from now.

I don't really ever plan on going back to WoW (unless it becomes free to play, then I might). It's simply gotten old.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
1. It eats my memory
2. It's too boring for the price
3. There's a million better free MMOs out there

And I dare you to misprove me!!!

Hangler

Aug 17, 2010
played for 6 years quit a few months ago when blizz decided to throw 20% nerfs to all content and make everything puggable and then claimed the falling subscriber base was due to lack of content so basically i left because it was becoming too easy and blizzard was acting too idiotically.

r0kle0nZ

Apr 2, 2011
I played for a year sometime before WotLK came out.

Quit because
I got FUCKED over by Blizzard, like immensely
Too Expensive
Got Boring just to get to 60 and being unable to do anything

Malrock

Dec 18, 2010
I posted something similar in another thread.

I had played since release, and left recently. I still think very highly of the game and regard it as one of the best games of all time, but you can only play something for so long before it begins to feel unsatisfying.