Healthy Eats!

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
I once visited a wise man on a mountain in asia. It was an ardous journey and I started out with fifteen companins, only three of us survived the journey. When I found the man on the mountain I asked him to relay to me the secrets of life and nutrition and the things he told me changed my life forever. He leaned over and told me, in his own ancient way:

"If you're fat, eat less and move more."

No but really, that is it. Eat varied, as in don't just eat pizza all day and don't eat too much. There isn't anything else to think about, fat is fine and so is wheat and so is milk and everything else. If you eat too much sugar you that might be bad for your teeth. Don't smoke or do drugs (often). There are no magic secrets and screw everybody who says there is. You wouldn't let tabloids give you medical advice about anything else, why let them give you medical advice about this?

Eat varied + eat less and move more. Only abstain from something if your doctor tells you to.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Sheep my good sir you weigh literally 2 of me. Albeit 7 inches taller.

OT: Eat better, eat less, move more.

What worked well for me is lots of excercise, genuinely pushing myself even if it left me aching. Crunches and squats are very good and easy to do in short sets.

I also cut a lot of crap like candy and booze from my diet and that helped a lot, eating more fruit and vegetables is easier than you'd think. Try anf cook simple stuff with a few of those in. Replace your white rice with brown rice for more fibre, it helps regulate your metabolism and helps you process things more effectively.

Spicy food is also quite good, add some heat to things, the sensation is an adrenaline source and gives you a nice buzz, whilst most peppers are excellent sources of vitamins and are quite tasty.

Lean meat, veggies, fruit for snacks, wholegrain cereals and such, excercise. There is no trick, there is no magic, you just need to eat better things, watch how much you eat, and move around more. Just keep at it and you'll get there :)

I personally went from around 180-190 lbs down to 140-146 with a lot more muscle mass in a few months, but I would recommend taking it more slowly, I have issues with the eway I do things and needed to work out like crazy every day for months to actually keep on track, a day off murdered my interest.

tippy2k2 said:
Thats some good progress man, keep it up.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
There's this meme making rounds on the internet:

I think it's pretty good advice for a healthier diet.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
HardkorSB said:
There's this meme making rounds on the internet:

*snip*

I think it's pretty good advice for a healthier diet.
I would add the one caveat that eating only lean protein sources isn't necessary. Dietary fat is generally good for you, particularly when it's in the form of animal fats. So don't want to eat chicken breast or eggs all of the time? Feel free to have some steaks, hamburger, various kinds of pork, etc. Doesn't mean you should go to McD's and eat Big Mac's every day, but making this stuff at home is perfectly fine. Better if you can find quality grass fed stuff at local markets.

But no, I agree, that is overall good advice for a healthier diet. You can never go wrong by eating meat, vegetables, and some fruit because it's infinitely better than what most people in western nations eat.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'm back!

I just tried out a sweet little breakfast maker and threw a "review" on my Facebook page. I bought it as a health tool and so it might be something you're interested in. I have posted my little talk below:

Tried out my new "Breakfast Sandwich Maker" I got for my birthday.
(This thing http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25475-Br?/?/ref=sr_1_2?)

This thing is kind of cool. It takes about six minutes (about 1.5 min to pre-head and 4.5 to cook) but you throw everything onto it and it cooks it (make sure you throw some cooking spray on there). For my first test, it was an English Muffin, an egg, and one slice of Canadian bacon. The egg looks...goofy but it tastes fine (like a McDonald's egg) and the toasting of the English Muffin worked really well. I probably need more Canadian Bacon but that's not the machines fault...

I did add cheese later. I could try to add cheese while it's cooking but that seems like it would make it far messier and it melts just fine if you throw it on after it cooks.

Clean-up seems tricky but easy. It doesn't really come apart so you have to wipe it down rather than actually clean it. Right now it's no problem but I wonder if that may become a problem down the road.

The only thing that really sucks is that I swear, it has the shortest cord that has ever existed.

Overall, very happy with this little thing. Very quick and very easy; a great tool for for a cheap but healthy (well...potentially healthy I suppose depending on what you put on it) boost in the morning

So basically an English muffin, a slice of cheese, an egg, and some Canadian Bacon. Most of what you want for a good breakfast and 302 calories total (plus a lot cheaper; you're looking at about $10 for six meals this way). My biggest concern is how long it'll keep you filled up but I have a snack in-between breakfast and lunch (as put in my previous post) so I think it'll be a mild concern.

Guffe said:
To get good food recipes the easiest way is most likely to go to a bookstore and buy 2 or 3 books with normal homecooking recipes in them. Look for a few recipes you think might seem good and start making them, progressing through the books. Then after a while you can start trying to alter them a little on your own to make the taste a bit different or adding/changing parts of the recipe (changing normal meat to chicken can be good sometimes, or vice versa).
I agree with everything you said up there but this part in particular...brilliant and something that makes me feel really dumb for not thinking it. I like looking for recipes but so many of them online are designed for weight loss. I want weight loss but I'm gunning for "Life-style change" rather than "eat this crap for a while until the pounds go away, go back to what you were doing, get fat again, rinse repeat". I'm going to have to hop onto Amazon or something and just try to find some "normal" recipe books.

Although if you have any suggestions for specific books, that would also be appreciated :D

EDIT: Also OP, here are a few recipes that I greatly enjoy. I am a very simple minded man so cooking is a very exotic concept to me so they're really easy to do.

1 banana
6 strawberries (or another banana if you don't have these)
1/2 a cucumber (sister-in-laws idea and it was a good one)
3 Tablespoons of non-fat yogurt (I like using plain but I'm sure you could play with different flavors)
1/2 a cup of Orange Juice (I just kind of pour what I think is 1/2 a cup; it's food, not science :D)

Blend repeatedly. Generally, I blend for 20 seconds, open it and mix. Blend for 20 more, open mix. Then blend for 20 more. Smoothies are something you can really play with though as certain foods will do things to it. For example, I don't like yogurt but it thickens up the smoothie so I use some cut with OJ to mask the taste of the yogurt). There is enough in this thing that you can get away with it as a light lunch, which is what I use it for.

1 pound of ground beef
Approx. 2 cups of rice (I use bagged rice for ease of cooking but it's up to you)
1 10oz can of cream of chicken (my Mum uses Cream of Mushroom but I like the flavor of CoC better)
1 16 oz can of corn
3/4 a can of milk (use the can of cream of chicken)
Salt

Cook the rice and the beef separately. Once completed, drain the beef and mix in with the rice. Pour the cream of chicken, milk, and corn with the rice/beef combo and mix it up. I like to let them cook a little bit together but that is technically unnecessary since everything is cooked by now. Add salt for season.

I don't know how "healthy" this one is but it's better than most of the stuff I eat so I go with it. For myself, I can also get five meals out of it so that's a solid)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Hi :)

Sorry, no specific books :/
I have gathered most recipies from a monthly subscription I get which always has a small booklett with maybe 10 pages of small snacks, foods and desserts.

I am no fan of diets myself either and never been on one. As you also said it's good with moderation of everything. Of course cutting down on candy and sweets will be necessary, but completely leaving them out is mentally draining, for me at least XD, got to get a little goodies sometimes!
But I just make food with fresh stuff from the store. pieces of meat you throw into the oven for an hour, maybe throw some veggies along and boil some potatoes and make a sauce.

One of my favorite foods is a Macaroni Casserole
400grams of Macaroni
400grams of Minced Meat
3eggs
6dl milk
spices

How to:
Boil the macaroni
Fry the meat

Blend the eggs and milk (just with a fork)

Blend the macaroni and meat when done (for example in the sauce pan you boiled the macs in), and put spices in (salt and pepper at least)
Put it in a casserole, pour the milk egg mix in there

Put it in the oven for 45mins on 200 degrees (Celcius)

Easy stuff like this is what I like to make, making food for a few days at a time. I usually cook two different things at once, and then I just heat those two (microwave) for about 3 days and then I make two other dishes which again last for a while.

f1r2a3n4k5

Jun 30, 2008
Da Orky Man said:
mysecondlife said:
f1r2a3n4k5 said:
Here are some quick tips I can think of:

1. Switch to water for most beverages (sodas, juices, milk). Black coffee or tea are fine though.
2. Go from bleached grains to whole wheat. This is a bit tricky cause the packaging can be deceptive. "Wheat" or "Multigrain" are not the same as "Whole-wheat." Otherwise, you're just getting dyed white bread.
3. More veggies, all the time.
4. Take a fish oil supplement. Probably won't make you lose weight, but most Americans (?) consume WAY too many omega-6 fatty acids relative to the number of omega-3's.
5. Get more fiber in your diet. Supplements are good. Getting it from food is better. It'll make you feel full longer.

There's a lot to think about when it comes to a healthy diet and this definitely doesn't cover it all. But I think those are pretty good tips to start with. Small changes beget larger changes.

There's a lot of specialized diets out there, but really, any change away from the SAD (Standard American Diet) is hugely beneficial.
I'm not a certified nutritionist so I cannot tell you (OP) what to do but I personally avoid wheat like plague because of gluten. What I go for instead are sprouted grain products, oats, and brown rice

Also, if you (OP) are going to invest in fish oil, please do your research. Do not buy a fish oil from your local grocery store and call it a day as a lot of pills are scam.
Why avoid gluten? It makes sense to if you have Celiac's, and I've seen what happens to people with Celiac's when they consume gluten, but otherwise it's a basically harmless protein. And given that gluten can be found in the least expected food items, including ice cream, oats and of course anything with wheat in it, it is sort of hard to avoid without spending a fair bit extra for the usually less healthy gluten-free equivalents.
Yeah, I personally and recently have cut out most grains from my diet in favor of veggies, but even though I had a moderately strict diet beforehand, I'm still finding this change a bit hard to handle. Grains are in everything and they're usually pretty filling. But barring gluten insensitivity, I think the most important thing is to be cognizant of the quality of grains you're ingesting. Aim for nutrient-dense grains, which are inherently going to be the least processed.

It can be difficult trying to sway people around you to healthier eating. If you can, offer to make the meal for the whole family. Food is a social experience too.

If not, you can still always try to eat well on your own.

Some recipes I love:
- Sauteeing. Grab some veggies (bell peppers, onion, mushrooms) throw them in a pan with some olive oil until they're just a bit soft. Eat 'em plain. Eat 'em over brown rice. Eat 'em with soy sauce (low sodium) and sesame seeds. Eat 'em in a whole wheat tortilla and serve with sour cream/guacamole.
- Guacamole. Get a perfectly ripe avocado. Scoop out the insides. Mix it with some garlic, cilantro, and a bit of tomatoes. Spice to your own taste. Add some jalapenos if you like. I don't even use chips, just eat the whole thing.
- Salads. My current favorite is to get some spinach and mix it up with some goat cheese, blueberries, and walnuts. It's creamy, sweet, and savory.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
My advice runs counter to what most people think when they tell you about diets and nutrition. I don't know why the way I eat works for me, but it does.

I eat whatever I want whenever I want, I only eat when I'm hungry, and never try to force myself to eat. Breakfast is my smallest meal of the day and dinner is my biggest. These all run counter to all advice given by weight loss professionals.

Despite all these things I'm 6'1" and weigh 165 pounds, and am 9% body fat.

My advice for losing weight is simple, use up whatever calories you put in your body.

I eat about 3000 calories a day on average, but I'm active most of the day. I weight lift three times a week for about an hour and a half each time, and I bike to and from the gym (for my warm up and cool down). I also run 3-5 times a week (at least one day of distance, one day of sprints, and one day of hills), and walk my dog twice a day every day for between 40 minutes and an hour and a half at a time (depending on what I have time for).

The best way to lose weight is to use up all the calories that you put into your body in a day. The more you eat the more you need to work it off. It's not so much about what you eat as it is what you do with the calories afterward.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
mysecondlife said:
f1r2a3n4k5 said:

1. Switch to water for most beverages (sodas, juices, milk). Black coffee or tea are fine though.
2. Go from bleached grains to whole wheat. This is a bit tricky cause the packaging can be deceptive. "Wheat" or "Multigrain" are not the same as "Whole-wheat." Otherwise, you're just getting dyed white bread.
4. Take a fish oil supplement. Probably won't make you lose weight, but most Americans (?) consume WAY too many omega-6 fatty acids relative to the number of omega-3's.
5. Get more fiber in your diet. Supplements are good. Getting it from food is better. It'll make you feel full longer.

There's a lot to think about when it comes to a healthy diet and this definitely doesn't cover it all. But I think those are pretty good tips to start with. Small changes beget larger changes.

There's a lot of specialized diets out there, but really, any change away from the SAD (Standard American Diet) is hugely beneficial.
I'm not a certified nutritionist so I cannot tell you (OP) what to do but I personally avoid wheat like plague because of gluten. What I go for instead are sprouted grain products, oats, and brown rice

Also, if you (OP) are going to invest in fish oil, please do your research. Do not buy a fish oil from your local grocery store and call it a day as a lot of pills are scam.
Why avoid gluten? It makes sense to if you have Celiac's, and I've seen what happens to people with Celiac's when they consume gluten, but otherwise it's a basically harmless protein. And given that gluten can be found in the least expected food items, including ice cream, oats and of course anything with wheat in it, it is sort of hard to avoid without spending a fair bit extra for the usually less healthy gluten-free equivalents.
I have other reasons than gluten.

From a lot of articles I've read, wheat products are generally highly HIGHLY processed and the artificial ingredients that comes with it are hard for your body to break it down. And when they do, they are broken down into sugar which leads to weight gain.

(Again, not a certified nutritionist)

EDIT: correction

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
mysecondlife said:

From a lot of articles I've read, wheat products are generally highly HIGHLY processed and it is hard for your body to break it down. And when they do, they are broken down into sugar which leads to weight gain.

Not a certified nutritionist either, but had to visit one on multiple occasions (nothing weight related, needed some help getting a better handle on IBS) and they always said I should eat grain products if I liked them, but go for wholegrain as much as possible. The whole 'wheat is bad' thing is a fable and fad.

Its true that there are carbs in wheat products (and yes, carbs means sugars), but carbs are one of the types of fuel your body need. There is room for wheat products in a balanced diet, but go for wholegrain and don't consume more than you can burn.

f1r2a3n4k5 said:
If not, you can still always try to eat well on your own.

Some recipes I love:
- Sauteeing. Grab some veggies (bell peppers, onion, mushrooms) throw them in a pan with some olive oil until they're just a bit soft. Eat 'em plain. Eat 'em over brown rice. Eat 'em with soy sauce (low sodium) and sesame seeds. Eat 'em in a whole wheat tortilla and serve with sour cream/guacamole.
- Guacamole. Get a perfectly ripe avocado. Scoop out the insides. Mix it with some garlic, cilantro, and a bit of tomatoes. Spice to your own taste. Add some jalapenos if you like. I don't even use chips, just eat the whole thing.
- Salads. My current favorite is to get some spinach and mix it up with some goat cheese, blueberries, and walnuts. It's creamy, sweet, and savory.
Have you tried replacing the blueberries with apple slices? That's one of my favourites! Also, if you put the salad in a whole wheat tortilla is becomes part of a lunch you can eat at work without much of a mess.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
mysecondlife said:
Da Orky Man said:
mysecondlife said:
f1r2a3n4k5 said:

From a lot of articles I've read, wheat products are generally highly HIGHLY processed and it is hard for your body to break it down. And when they do, they are broken down into sugar which leads to weight gain.

Yeah, we can tell (sorry). Highly processed foods are easy for your body to break down, that's why they yield so much energy. And why stuff that's hard to break down like cellulose or fiber, is good if you want to lose weight. They pretty much go straight through your system and out the other end.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:
#1. Look at the first three ingredients; if sugar is one of them, you're eating a desert. This was one of my killers with even my "healthy" food like granola bars. Most of them have so much sugar in them that it's virtually pointless to be eating them versus a Snickers. In her words, you want "Dietary Fiber" to be high and "Sugars" to be low. She also said that you can go nuts with veggies and fruit (fruit has a lot of sugar but it's natural sugar versus the stuff you get from pop; it's sugar your body is designed to break apart).
I brought a Nature Valley granola bar to work today and you made me look at the ingredients.
Second ingredient, sugar... dammit.

-----------------------
OT: Hard boiled eggs are easy to make, portable and very healthy. If you can't cook them, you can also get them pre-made from many grocery stores. They make a good, quick breakfast for me, if that's not enough food, apples, oranges, ext are also very handy. I usually use the same thought process for lunch, except now without granola bars...

Drink mostly water, avoid soda and sugary drinks, smoothies are good also, but make sure it's mostly fruit and more natural ingredients that go into them and no added sugar. (Sheep you already know about my health issues) I drank a lot of non dairy smoothies one year and it did wonders for my blood test results so much so that my doctor actually lowered my medication.

At dinner (and any other meal), don't eat to the point you feel so full that you're in agony. Try to eat more home cooked meals, although for some people, this can be the hard part. Try to incorporate fish into your diet, a lot of people don't like fish, but there are types of fish that don't taste fishy (salmon, tilapia), they're good baked in the oven with a little bit of lemon and garlic. There's also tuna, which is quick and portable, but you'll need to find a brand that's less salty and processed.

Allow yourself one day to cheat on some aspects, so you're less tempted to give up.

Aside from that, eat more fruits and veggies, ext ext

---------
As for exercise, I personally can't stand the gym, I try to do things that are fun, but also exercise, like martial arts, swimming, play sword fighting, hiking, even silly things like jumping on a trampoline can take a lot out of you.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Da Orky Man said:
mysecondlife said:
f1r2a3n4k5 said:

This is all true. In fact, a lot of gluten-free food products are worse for you. They regularly contain more fat and sugar to replicate the consistency that gluten gives food so you're literally paying more for food that's worse for you, for no reason.

Try eating soup. A) Most soups have a lot of veg in them B) They've got a lot of water in them, which is filling. Blended soups in particular take a long time to pass from your stomach and into your small intestine, so you feel fuller for longer and are less likely to snack. They're also really easy to make in large quantities so they're ideal lunch food, provided you've got a microwave handy.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Blood Brain Barrier said:
mysecondlife said:
Da Orky Man said:
mysecondlife said:
f1r2a3n4k5 said:

Yeah, we can tell (sorry). Highly processed foods are easy for your body to break down, that's why they yield so much energy. And why stuff that's hard to break down like cellulose or fiber, is good if you want to lose weight. They pretty much go straight through your system and out the other end.
I read over my post again and you're right. Processed foods are much easier to break down than unprocessed food. More calories are burned breaking down unprocessed food that's why those are preferred for weight loss.

What I meant as that processed food also comes with a lot of artificial ingredients and those are hard to break down.

I'll shut my trap about this subject now for the fear of giving misinformation.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
NPC009 said:
mysecondlife said:

Not a certified nutritionist either, but had to visit one on multiple occasions (nothing weight related, needed some help getting a better handle on IBS) and they always said I should eat grain products if I liked them, but go for wholegrain as much as possible. The whole 'wheat is bad' thing is a fable and fad.

Its true that there are carbs in wheat products (and yes, carbs means sugars), but carbs are one of the types of fuel your body need. There is room for wheat products in a balanced diet, but go for wholegrain and don't consume more than you can burn.
I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of nutritionists who disagrees with your nutritionist on subject of wheat.

As for me, I just find it easier to simply not consume any wheat and wheat based products. There are plenty of other carbs (yeah, I know not all carbs are bad, important even) that I prefer instead. Sweet potatoes are f'ing delicious.

CAPCHA: kindness of strangers.

That's why we're all here (hopefully).

NPC009

Aug 23, 2010
mysecondlife said:
I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of nutritionists who disagrees with your nutritionist on subject of wheat.

As for me, I just find it easier to simply not consume any wheat and wheat based products. There are plenty of other carbs (yeah, I know not all carbs are bad, important even) that I prefer instead. Sweet potatoes are f'ing delicious.

And here I am, years later, healthy weight, no deficits, IBS under control and still eating several slices of bread every day and having pasta for dinner twice a week. I think I'm going to stick with the advice I was given instead of following the fads.

Look, you don't have to eat bread and stuff if you don't like it. No one it forcing you to, but promoting cutting wheat out of your diet as some sort of miracle weight loss is stupid. A balanced diet does not contain so many wheat products that cutting them out will make much if any difference. Besides, it's not as if these products have no nutritional value, they have plenty. So, if you like bread and pasta, why not keep eating it? Just, you know, go for good quality, whole-grain products, and remember that moderation is key.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
NPC009 said:
mysecondlife said:

And here I am, years later, healthy weight, no deficits, IBS under control and still eating several slices of bread every day and having pasta for dinner twice a week. I think I'm going to stick with the advice I was given instead of following the fads.

Look, you don't have to eat bread and stuff if you don't like it. No one it forcing you to, but promoting cutting wheat out of your diet as some sort of miracle weight loss is stupid. A balanced diet does not contain so many wheat products that cutting them out will make much if any difference. Besides, it's not as if these products have no nutritional value, they have plenty. So, if you like bread and pasta, why not keep eating it? Just, you know, go for good quality, whole-grain products, and remember that moderation is key.
My exact words were... "I'm not a certified nutritionist so I cannot tell you (OP) what to do but I personally avoid wheat like plague"

Its not so much as promotion but more of telling OP what my approach is to give him another perspective on wheat. Its all up to him to do his research and find out what's best for him really.

I eat bread and I eat pasta and enjoy them both. It certainly does not mean that I consume wheat however.

I too am in healthy weight, no deficits and no IBS so it seems wheat doesn't have much affect on me. There's that.

NPC009

Aug 23, 2010
mysecondlife said:
My exact words were... "I'm not a certified nutritionist so I cannot tell you (OP) what to do but I personally avoid wheat like plague"

Its not so much as promotion but more of telling OP what my approach is to give him another perspective on wheat. Its all up to him to do his research and find out what's best for him really.

I eat bread and I eat pasta and enjoy them both. It certainly does not mean that I consume wheat however.

I too am in healthy weight, no deficits and no IBS so it seems wheat doesn't have much affect on me. There's that.
And yet you seem set on disproving the merits of the advice I got from an actual nutritionist.

I've tried reading some articles on the dangers of wheat, but they all seem to be overreacting.
-OMG gluten! A smart part of the population is sensitive or allergic to gluten. So don't eat it, ever!
-Shitty bread is shitty. Don't eat bread.
-Wheat is not nutritionally perfect. (Like every other food, but they don't mention that)
-Wheat may be addictive. Maybe. There's not actual proof yet, but better to be safe than sorry!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
NPC009 said:
mysecondlife said:

And yet you seem set on disproving the merits of the advice I got from an actual nutritionist.

I've tried reading some articles on the dangers of wheat, but they all seem to be overreacting.
-OMG gluten! A smart part of the population is sensitive or allergic to gluten. So don't eat it, ever!
-Shitty bread is shitty. Don't eat bread.
-Wheat is not nutritionally perfect. (Like every other food, but they don't mention that)
-Wheat may be addictive. Maybe. There's not actual proof yet, but better to be safe than sorry!
Hey man. You came to me with the fact that you went to your nutritionist. I did not jump on you and said whatever your nutritionist told you was terrible. I'm happy for you that whatever your nutritionist told you worked for you but at the same time I'm sure there are plenty of nutritionist who feel very differently about wheat.

If there's any overreaction going on in this thread its your accusation of "my set on disproving the advice of your nutritionist"

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Since the word "nutritionist" keeps popping up in this thread I feel that I should give people a piece of advice:

Don't listen to nutritionists. "Nutritionist" is not a protected term, and anyone can claim to be a nutritionist without actually having any specific eduction or skills dealing with nutrition. If you want to talk to a professional about nutrition then you want a "dietitian." A dietitian is registered, certified, and accredited and you can trust their advice much more than a nutritionist who may or may not have any special knowledge on the subject of nutrition.

Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, whether they're qualified or not. In fact anyone in this thread could call themselves a nutritionist.

Just thought all of you should be aware of that.