HEATWAVE UK Edition. Where the hell is the wind?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I live in Asia, so heat is kind of ever present. I literally can't wear clothes without sweating. Putting my body parts in contact with another thing makes that part sweat. Its pretty gross.

But all that heat didn't stop me from getting pelted by hail for the first time in my life the other day. I was fucking surprised. Climate change I guess.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Judging from what I'm reading, the temps are only 95F. I'm breaking triple digits in California and praising Jesus that my swamp cooler has muscle for days.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ya'll don't know heat until you live in Satan's asshole like I am now.

It's supposed to get up to 120F with no wind tomorrow, and I take that heat like a goddamn lady.

I sweat my tits off while walking up and down that damn hill for 50 miles everyday to school and back and that's how I like it!

[sub][sub]Please sent help, the heat is melting my brain. DX[/sub][/sub]

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
What's 30C? Like 85F? With as little humidity as you have? It's only the beginning of summer and we get... I think the conversion is 35C with no less than 70% humidity, and frequently 90%+. In August we'll break 40C and keep the humidity :D

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Parasondox said:
FalloutJack said:
I say Trump stole it. No reason. Just an easy and acceptable target.
Err... no no no. It does exist. Climate change also doesn't exist. Actually you know what? It's the Chinese doing this to us. Trump was right!!!
Have you SEEN China? They haven't got a breath of wind. 'Cause if they did, the air pollution would move somewhere else.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
EscapeGoat said:
Parasondox said:
So how are you handling the heat?
Badly.

For a start, I am a pasty ginger person and therefore I burn way too easily. [...] I am basically living as much as possible with a fan in front of me in the vain hopes that I make it to winter.
Ditto.

To top it all off, my shower has just sprung a leak, and it wont be fixed until tomorrow. Sweaty moist grossness.

That and my girlfriend basically spent the whole of yesterday going on about how her room is so warm that she can't cool down, then she invites me over for the whole weekend. Not the best sales tactic, really.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I've had a Muslim[footnote]Relevant due to Muslims are fasting at the moment making things worse for them[/footnote] man pass out in front of my stall, had to get paramedics to him and he was there for probably half an hour or more before they felt they could move him. I think I heard his mother say he was about 50 as well to the paramedics so its not like he's particularly old either.

I'm more of a winter person so I hate any kind of heat and I say this every year but this heat is not good for anyone.

Mar 30, 2010
How am I handling the heat? Easy - roadtrips into the Lakes with friends, afternoons spent swimming and the evenings spent eating bbq and enjoying the lovely breezes coming off Ullswater/Derwent/Bassentwaite.

Although seriously, we get like three weeks of good weather up here a bloomin' year, so when we get it we bloody well enjoy it.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Im not living there but my friend who has been Fasting says shes dying and melting from the heat and wants water or something so bad

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I utterly can't stand a bit of warmth. My wife, on the other hand, is in heaven and wants the heat to last forever. For once she doesn't have cold feet - which is a blessing.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
It's reaching 50˚C, which is 122˚F, in the kitchen where I work. As the temperature goes up outside it is only going to get worse for me and the people I work with.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I haven't noticed. I don't go outside and I confine myself to climate controlled buildings. I pull my car out of my garage at home and I pull it into a parking garage at work that's connected to the building. I'm not going out there and you can't make me. That said, I just had to shell out for a new central air conditioning unit and a new hot water heater so christmas is cancelled.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
maninahat said:
I utterly can't stand a bit of warmth. My wife, on the other hand, is in heaven and wants the heat to last forever. For once she doesn't have cold feet - which is a blessing.
Apparently most women have lower body temperature than men. Lucky because I sweat a lot. I sweat now in the hear and sweat when it's cold. Think about sweat I sweat. Im naked, i sweat even in a cold room. Body does not give a fuuuuuuuck!!!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Someone culturally appropriate some of that African space magic and make it rain already.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Got a tip for you. Go to Leicester. I had to drive there (again) for work and the thermometer in the van dropped from 30 degrees C to a rather reasonable 20 degrees C. It was rather depressing watch it creep back up as I got back to Northampton.

But the weather forecasts are promising thunder. I like thunder.

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
Bobular said:
I've had a Muslim[footnote]Relevant due to Muslims are fasting at the moment making things worse for them[/footnote] man pass out in front of my stall.
Out of curiousity, did they give the guy water? Because that must throw up some tricky situations for paramedics (more so if he's on his own / there are language barriers)

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Catnip1024 said:
Bobular said:
I've had a Muslim[footnote]Relevant due to Muslims are fasting at the moment making things worse for them[/footnote] man pass out in front of my stall.
Out of curiousity, did they give the guy water? Because that must throw up some tricky situations for paramedics (more so if he's on his own / there are language barriers)
I don't think they did. I didn't see everything that happened as when the first aid officer arrived I left it to them, he was slightly to the side of where my stall was, I saw him go down but couldn't see him afterwards so I had to leave my stall to actually see if he was alright.

I believe there are exceptions to the whole fasting thing and I think medical reasons is one of them and they called his mum over on the tannoy.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
How am I handling the heat?

Pretty well; mainly because I barely even feel it. Hot weather has never really been a problem for me; still going to work on the building site with two layers of clothing. When I go for a walk on my days off, the black winter coat stays on, I need it's many pockets. It's rather funny that as I go about in thick clothes, oblivious to the heat, I'm making everyone else around me feel hotter.

Not to say it's been perfect though, as while I've been handling the heat like a champ, my laptop hasn't been faring as well. I've had to pass on even trying to render 15 minute videos on it for now. Hayfever has also proved very troublesome, an a far great inconvenience than any warm temperatures.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Catnip1024 said:
Bobular said:
If they fainted, the fast is broken so they can give him water. I think thats one of the cases to break it along with vomiting.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Welcome to my world. Here in CA it's currently around 43C outside and supposed to get hotter. Yesterday it was 45C outside, and at work in our trailers it's even hotter. And it's gonna stay there all week. You guys are only supposed to have heat for a few days, you will survive