Heavy Rain Delayed to 2010

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Heavy raiiiiiinnnnnn......

This is a title I'm particularly curious about and while I'm disappointed at the delay, far better for them to take the time to polish it and provide really solid experience.

King Yayap

May 24, 2009
Saevus said:
Trivun said:
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...
And PC users. I'm pretty intensely pissed off about the exclusivity given that, bar the staggeringly bad third act, Fahrenheit was by far one of the better recent games I've played.
Absolutely love Fahrenheit, brilliant game. If Heavy Rain stays exclusive I'm gonna be very very annoyed...Sony has a knack for keeping their games exclusive whilst Microsoft are all too willing to hand over their games.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
As long as it's as polished an experience as possible I'm fine with the delay. Might even be able to afford a ps3 by then too.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I thought... weather, actual rain. The wet kind, y'know?
Oh well.
I don't have a PS3 so this doesn't interest me in any way. Carry on.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Too me the title "Heavy Rain" makes me think it's a little too artsy, i have no idea why.
It's not something I'd be looking at rushing out and purchasing for fear of massive amounts of pretense.

From the screen shot i can see it's aptly named but having no previous knowledge on the subject, It doesn't look like much of a winner.
No rain slick roads for me.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
As long as it's the best it can be, I'm alright with it coming out in 2010.

coldwarkid

Nov 16, 2008
When I read the title, I thought, for a brief second that I may be able to venture outside for 10 minutes without being pissed upon from a great height.

Oh, what a fool I have been.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Never heard of it. I honestly thought this was some weird weather report.
I've heard of the game, but I thought the exact same thing.

vickyyfar

May 18, 2009
Ah, well. I can wait another year :)
So far, this game looks really interesting. The stuff I've read about it has gotten my quite hyped. Hopefully, the wait will be justified when the game finally comes out.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Sucks if it's true, but I'm not sure why Keighley would have that kind of inside information.

Indigo_Dingo said:
Fuck! Far bit of dissapointment for me today. First Jaffe, and now this.
What about him?

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
That sucks if it's true. Of course I don't want Quantic Dream to rush things, but it's still disappointing to have to wait untill next year.
Though I still hold this statement as speculation since they haven't officialy announced a release date, which they will at E3.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Hopefully they will take that time to take out all the QTEs.
Question is: will there be anything left?

I like to hear about delays. Usually the final product is worth the wait... Usually.
When in 2010. It's half way through 2009 so it might not be that long. 6 months isn't that bad.

Hated Fahrenheit anyway (see above comment), if they take a little longer to make it good, i'll be happy.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
King Yayap said:
Saevus said:
Trivun said:
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...
And PC users. I'm pretty intensely pissed off about the exclusivity given that, bar the staggeringly bad third act, Fahrenheit was by far one of the better recent games I've played.
Absolutely love Fahrenheit, brilliant game. If Heavy Rain stays exclusive I'm gonna be very very annoyed...Sony has a knack for keeping their games exclusive whilst Microsoft are all too willing to hand over their games.
Even when you look back at the second half of Fahrenheit? It went from really interesting detective thriller thing to Dragonball Z with tons of QTEs. Reason enough for me *not* to look forward to this.