The school books say it can't be here again
Heavy Rain
The prisons make you wonder where it went

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Trivun said:
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...
Its justified. David Cage told us the game wouldn't work on the 360. The script is 2000 pages long and the people look photorealistic - pretty sure he's right.
Who cares about graphics if it's a good game? The 360 is a great all rounder and I'd be happy, as would many other 360 owners, to sacrifice a portion of the quality of graphics in return for the game if the gameplay is good.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Trivun said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Trivun said:
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...
Its justified. David Cage told us the game wouldn't work on the 360. The script is 2000 pages long and the people look photorealistic - pretty sure he's right.
Who cares about graphics if it's a good game? The 360 is a great all rounder and I'd be happy, as would many other 360 owners, to sacrifice a portion of the quality of graphics in return for the game if the gameplay is good.
Perhaps you missed the part about 2000 page script? Meaning full Blu-Ray disc? Meaning anything that doesn't use that won't work? No, multiple discs won't work, that'd be like a choose your own adventure book scattered over 12 different magazines
12 magazines and multiple discs is fine by me. As I recall a similar problem was faced by Square Enix with the upcoming release of FF XIII and they've still deigned to find time to find a way of putting it on multi-platform release. If it took a few years, even, for them to find a way of being able to release this game on 360 then I'd still be happy, even if they have to compress every part of the game to accomodate it beyond current technological capabilities. There are people doing research into that, you know, otherwise we'd still be playing Pong and thinking the Atari 2600 is the best thing out there.

EDIT: What about PC? Most computers can easily hold that sort of memory, multiple discs just to install would be a small price to pay for a PC release.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Well, that's good news, seeing as I won't be buying a PS3 for a while yet.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. It has the potential to be amazing, of course, and it'll certainly have fantastic presentation. On the other hand, what's been revealed so far about the controls, especially in action sequences, is rather off-putting. I read that standard movement controls would include the left stick to turn the character's head, and the R2 button to move them forward. And action sequences will be entirely quick time events. I'm not a big fan of QTEs. The promise that every choice you make will affect the story is really interesting, though.

I see this and Alan Wake as the two story-driven, big-name adventure titles on the PS3 and 360 respectively. At this stage, Alan Wake looks better, because what I've read suggests that it will be open-world and have an emphasis on exploration to unravel the central mystery.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
He old us his game wouldn't be appearing at E3, or at all until early 2010. Considering thats when he said his game would be released....
What? Really? Why?

I don't really care about Twisted Metal but that sucks! It seems like E3 will be quite a massive event for Sony, otherwise they wouldn't be dropping titles like that.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I finally get a break budget wise.
Theres actually too many games coming out for me to come up with all the money for them.
At least now I get an extra year to save up some cash for all the exclusives + all the other games that are coming out.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
King Yayap said:
Saevus said:
Trivun said:
And PC users. I'm pretty intensely pissed off about the exclusivity given that, bar the staggeringly bad third act, Fahrenheit was by far one of the better recent games I've played.
Absolutely love Fahrenheit, brilliant game. If Heavy Rain stays exclusive I'm gonna be very very annoyed...Sony has a knack for keeping their games exclusive whilst Microsoft are all too willing to hand over their games.
Whoa. WHAT?! What are you smoking?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Pendragon9 said:
King Yayap said:
Saevus said:
Trivun said:
And PC users. I'm pretty intensely pissed off about the exclusivity given that, bar the staggeringly bad third act, Fahrenheit was by far one of the better recent games I've played.
Absolutely love Fahrenheit, brilliant game. If Heavy Rain stays exclusive I'm gonna be very very annoyed...Sony has a knack for keeping their games exclusive whilst Microsoft are all too willing to hand over their games.
Whoa. WHAT?! What are you smoking?
Exactly. Plus there's the fact that Sony actually do things for developers, and exclusives on the Ps3 ussually can't run on any other system.
I'll agree with you there, but there's also the fact that this person has completely forgotten the money Microsoft has put into making their games exclusive.

It just took me by surprise how they could forget that.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Gives me time to get a PS3 before then! If you haven't played Indigo Prophecy, WTF?! You're missing on a one-of-a-kind storytelling experience, with great characters, great settings, and great pacing. The ending went haywire, but then that didn't bother me.

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
As long as God of War 3 comes out this year I will be fine with the delay.

As long as they don't pull some crazy shit that ruins the story, like in Indigo Prophecy, they can take their time.