Heavy Rain Film Rights Optioned Years Ago

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Hmm, you think they should make a movie based on a game, that's already basically a movie.

A movie the player is the director of.

Plus you'd have to film 4 different movies, one for each of the main characters.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I'll be keeping an eye on this one as I wish I could play the game but im not about to bust out the kind of money you need to buy a PS3 and the game.

As for how you make it work(as Im sure some have wondered). You do this by mainly focusing on 2 of the 4 characters but still use the other 2 in lesser roles and do something kinda ground breaking thats never been done before in cinema. Have 3 or 4 pivotal audience choice moments that are decided on by placing a remote of some sort in the hands of viewers and at key moments pause the action and somehow ask the audience to decide (for example) what choice Ethan makes or what happens to him in a key moment and the majority decision is the one the movie goess with, and the remainder of the movie is in a major(or minor) way impacted by the audiences choice. And all of that is just for starters

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not sure I like this idea. I mean, the plot is excellent (although there are some holes which could use some patching) and it would totally work as a film... But the main fun comes from making decisions by yourself and altering the game thanks to it. The player sees 4 of many possible epilogues at the end and that's only his choices that makes it. Trying to boil it into a real film with one canon ending is just... Wrong.

That being said, I'm addicted to this game anyway, so if it comes out I'll be the first one to buy the tickets probably...

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
No...no.......bad New Line
*slaps hands*

It doesn't need to be a movie. If you are going to do a movie, do Fahrenheit... (Indigo Prophecy)

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I REALLY hope there will never be a Heavy Rain movie. The reason I think it worked so well as a game was that it was your who drove the story, and how a single choice changes the outcome dramatically. The overall game was subpar, it was the fact that it was a game that makes it so fantastic, and the game itself is almost a movie, making it a movie and removing the game will give us Shutter Island, a movie that starts out well, but feels rushed and unfinished