Hello Kitty is a Cat, Right? Wrong, Says Her Creator

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Hello Kitty IS a cat....
Whoever said what this article is quoting is a moron.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Well... this seems as good a time as any to reveal my own terrible secret.
I'm not really a human. I'm actually a cat. I just happen to look exactly like a human. It's just my art style.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
MrMixelPixel said:
Authoritative intent at its worst! The creator has gone mad. She's a cat. Hello Kitty is a cat.
What if he did this on purpose? Just to fuck with people for shits and giggles?
more like - publicity stunt. i never knew who creator is before this article - so it worked too!

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
I would think that Sanrio would be spending too much of their time counting money to do something this stupid.

Think of the implications.

Hello Kitty is not a cat?

Maybe Mickey Mouse is not a mouse.

Or Bugs Bunny is not a rassa-frattin rabbit.

And maybe cartoon characters...

aren't real.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
She's a little girl who's a cat, not an animal who's a cat.

Subtle difference.

FrossetMareritt

Sep 10, 2008
This article is another example for me of why The Escapist is only steps away from being BuzzFeed.

Steven Bogos said:
Hello Kitty is a Cat, Right? Wrong, Says Her Creator

Indeed, if you check out Kitty's official profile page [http://hello-kitty.sanriotown.com/], you'll see that not only is she human...
Where does it actually say that she's human on the profile page? Did you actually read the profile page before you wrote that as a fact?

Source: Rocket News 24 [http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/miranda/la-et-cam-hello-kitty-in-los-angeles-not-a-cat-20140826-column.html#page=1]
You cited Rocket News 24 as a source, but did you read anything from that article? I would guess not as it stands in opposition trying to explain how information from Sanrio was misunderstood. "We never said she was a human" and how Hello Kitty is a gijinka completely nullifies what you wrote.

The Escapist, if it cares about credible, should feel bad for allowing this to be posted.