Help a fellow Escapist by answering two short questions!

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Hello everyone! I find myself having to do a statistical research, and I've decided you guys are going to be my population! (Feel honored). What I need you guys to do, as the title says, is to answer two short questions, namely:

What gender are you?
Do you like metal music, yes or no?

Simple as that, spread the word of this thread around, since I need as big a population as possible to help my case!

Thanks a bunch guys, you're doing me a huge favour

EDIT: I'm not adding a poll because I need the independent values of each possible outcome of the variable, and because I'll be cropping the population to a sample of the first 300 users that reply.

EDIT: Don't be absolutist about your likeness of heavy metal, if you like it just a bit, then you count as a yes on my book. Besides, bear in mind, this is for educational purposes, and it doesn't have any relevance whatsoever. On the other hand, if you're unsure if what you like is "heavy", post a video, and I'll take my own conclusions from that :)

EDIT: I'd like to stress this a bunch: SPREAD THE WORD! I need as big a population as possible, and I'm asking you, please please please, make it happen! Post the link on other threads, on group chats, anything! Thanks again!

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
Why not make a poll with 4 options and spare yourself from having to manually go through all the answers?

Anyway: male, and no

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Jordi said:
Why not make a poll with 4 options and spare yourself from having to manually go through all the answers?

Anyway: male, and no
That does seem like the easiest way to get your statistics.

Also male, and no I don't like heavy metal.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Male and - er, sometimes? I don't hate all heavy metal by default so I suppose that's a yes, even though there are plenty of individual bands I have no time for.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Male, and only some of it. Ultimately, I'd say yes, but it has about as much shit in it as every kind of music.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
I'm a Man

And i am a metal fan (cooling you down with my metal blades =P )

PS: you could put a poll up asking;
M and yes
M and no
F and yes
F and no

That way you can make percentages and get a more balanced gender sample =)

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Agree with what Jordi said.

Although, what do you term as heavy metal?

Female, Yes.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Male.

Ugh, that's a really difficult question. Obviously I don't like all heavy metal, but there's definitely alot of metal I like, whether it's heavy or not is ultimately subjective. Here's some of my favourites.

And I'm ashamed to say I actually kinda like this, but whatever.