Help Me Choose My Band Name!

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
I am in the process of putting together a rock band, and everyone seems to have different ideas for a name. I would like some commentary on which one you think is the best, or a suggestion of your own. I need to decide on a name before I can make a Myspace page to stream our music.

Possible Names (Please note not all these are mine, a lot came from the other members)

______

(All names can be varied as "name",The"name","plural form of name",etc

The Living Daylights
Shock
Awe
Deep
Sign of the Times
Mercury
Maelstrom
Obsessive/Contrary
Smoked Mullet
Nosebleed Nation
Golden Standard
The Scroll
Midas
Candlelight
Blue Compass
Southpaw
Tyson
The Italian Offer
Nautilus
Faust
Brothers In Arms
Black Prism
Bamboo
Abstract
Steel and Ivory

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
it all depends on the type of music. are ya hard rockers or some of the slower beat?

for a mediocre name for now until you can answer id have to say something along the lines of symphony of eternity

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I'm going to say what I said on the other 2 "name my band" threads: Go to a bookstore. Look at book titles. Find a good title. Name your band after than book.

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
ffxfriek said:
it all depends on the type of music. are ya hard rockers or some of the slower beat?
Think "Tsar" meets "The Outline" with a lot of 70's-80's hard and punk rock influence

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
ChristmasChild said:
(All names can be varied as "name",The"name","plural form of name",etc

The The Living Daylights's
I vote that!

But in all seriousness, we really need to know the type of music you play.

EDIT: Request for a better description of the band. I've never heard of either of those bands and have no way to listen right now.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
After reading the list there...I've gotta say that 'Nosebleed nation' just lept out at me.

That is genius, go with it.

Final point, I swear that some of those have been done already (not Nosebleed nation though, go with that, seriously).

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
We are at about the level just below any of the whole "screaming and shouting" metal genre, but we aren't really a metal band. I would have to put us somewhere a little heavier than "Paper Walls" Yellowcard, with less "Pop Rock"

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
ChristmasChild said:
We are at about the level just below any of the whole "screaming and shouting" metal genre, but we aren't really a metal band. I would have to put us somewhere a little heavier than "Paper Walls" Yellowcard, with less "Pop Rock"
Thank you for that.

Just so I can have a more clearer understanding though (and pardon me for being annoying about this) what I think of right now with your description is this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apvy0QyHHk0]

I'm off to lunch now. But I'll be thinking of names during. :)

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
Sorry, Youtube doesn't work on this computer. It always thinks I need the latest flash player, even though I have it. Can anyone tell be the title of the vid in the link so I can Googlevideo it?

EDIT: Nvm, found it using the video ID. And to answer the question, slightly lighter than that, but you are in the general neighborhood