Help Me Choose My Band Name!

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
ChristmasChild said:
I am in the process of putting together a rock band, and everyone seems to have different ideas for a name. I would like some commentary on which one you think is the best, or a suggestion of your own. I need to decide on a name before I can make a Myspace page to stream our music.

Possible Names (Please note not all these are mine, a lot came from the other members)

______

(All names can be varied as "name",The"name","plural form of name",etc

The Living Daylights
Shock
Awe
Deep
Sign of the Times
Mercury
Maelstrom
Obsessive/Contrary
Smoked Mullet
Nosebleed Nation
Golden Standard
The Scroll
Midas
Candlelight
Blue Compass
Southpaw
Tyson
The Italian Offer
Nautilus
Faust
Brothers In Arms
Black Prism
Bamboo
Abstract
Steel and Ivory
well you need to pick something thats unique and remberable

from your list i'll go with

blue compass

deep

those or just do

soem thing with a "The" at the begining then after that put any random verb and voila !!

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Call your band this:
An association of people on generally good terms who play instruments together in various ways.

Insomniactk

Nov 11, 2008
Critical Hit, even if I'm pretty sure that's been taken.
But K7? In french it means cassette or whatever it's called in english, u know those square thingys with a tape.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I've offered this name to my brother's band but it depends who snatches it first, I thought it was good. Call yourselves 'Various Artists' then your album after the year it's released in and your tracks 'Track 01', 'Track 02' etc. It would mess with people's heads.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
What's the genre of the band? Just 'rock'? More into alternative/metal? Please give a bit of detail, and I can give you a name.

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
Look at the Youtube link made by Gxas on page 1. Kind of like that, a little lighter, and with lyrics at the same level as Panic At The Disco

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
You might have to change your music style entirely, but I'm fond of Heroic Dragon Slayers of the Eternal Sundown Abyss Chapter IV Championship Edition Ultra ++

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
A Band name I've always liked was

The skinny white boys

But i dont know if you're skinny, all guys, or white for that matter

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Flimsy Bacon
Mental Note
Hans Carman Memorial Band

Whatever floats your boat.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
JokerGrin said:
Heroic Dragon Slayers of the Eternal Sundown Abyss Chapter IV Championship Edition Ultra ++
That is so cool. I want it!

Anyway, what about... Generic Extravagance?
Yeah, I like the ring to it. Not the most awesome name I can come up with, but it's a pretty neat conundrum.

What about Conundrum?

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
The Living Daylights
Obsessive/Contrary
Smoked Mullet
Nosebleed Nation
Golden Standard
The Italian Offer
Faust
Black Prism

I like these names the best, but remember to check if they're already taken or not.

If they're already taken, I suppose you could use them for an album name.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Daylights

already taken. i bet a bunch of the others are too.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Well depends on what you want in a name.

If you want to be the first thing someone sees in a record store, go with something like "Aaron's Abacus" or if a store puts numbers first "0 on the Shot Clock" (although they would probably just put that as Zero. I dunno, find something with three zeroes then)

If you want a good name, I dunno, I always used "Pyrite Pagoda" in Guitar Hero, because I randomly opened a dictionary and the word pagoda was on the page. That or "AAA" if I was lazy. If your lyrics are similar to P!ATD or TRJA, you can go with something similarly vague, like "Last Train to San Jose" or something of the like, and this is all coming off the top of my head.

As for the actual list, I think I like Sign of the Times the best. More memorable.