Help me make a good excuse for my bruises!

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Hello! No, this post is not about covering up any sort of domestic abuse. I have a bit of a problem. yesterday a girl that I assumed wasn't going to speak to me again called me after weeks and said she wanted to hang out today. I met her a couple of months ago on the train and she took my number, and we've had a couple of decent dates, but no kiss yet.

This would be the third date, and I'm hoping I get to go in for the kiss with this one cause yknow, if there's no kiss on the third date something must be wrong, right?
This is a pretty fine girl here. She's really fascinating and down to Earth and really want to impress her. Course I wanna look my best but I got this ugly bruise on my face.

It's pretty bad in person. I know, "it shouldn't matter", and I'm meeting her anyway, but I need an excuse for it. The real story is far too embarrassing (while procrastinating desperately I tried doing that thing where you press on your skin to leave white marks. apparently pinching hard causes bruising, who knew?).

I was gonna roll with "I was moving furniture and a wardrobe corner hit my face", but I'd rather hive something funny so it can be humorous rather than "please ignore this side of my face".
Any ideas? Also, this is not the kind of girl who'd be impressed if I said I got it in a fight.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Marcus McLean said:
... while procrastinating desperately I tried doing that thing where you press on your skin to leave white marks.
Wait... what?

Pinching your own face? That's a thing?

Kitten DeLux

Nov 20, 2009
Use true story;
Get plenty of lol's.
She might even share something similar or stupid herself.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Say you were fighting bears in the land of Skyrim.

Oh wait you want her to kiss you? Uh then just say you and some mates were flicking stuff at eachother with rubber bands, and you got hit.

Or be honest

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
you were rescuing a building full of orphan puppies from an evil dude who then proceeded to open fire. That bruise is where he shot you.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I would be disappointed if I were this girl and I found this post.

Its sweet that you want to be your best for her, but lying just isn't the way to do it. Anyway, when someone's actively trying to explain away a black eye, people get suspicious, and unless you're an incredible liar, its likely she (or even a bystander) will notice your untruth and immediately jump to the "domestic abuse" conclusion. >.>

(Lol, capcha. "puppy love")

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Say you got shot. Only a bruise.

Telling the truth may also work, and I doubt it will effect her vision of you since we all have stupid things we do, like pinching our faces.

Yali

Jul 2, 2012
Look at it this way... if the true story doesn't make her laugh she's probably not the right girl for you anyway.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
As others have said, simply tell the truth. The ladies love an honest man. (so I'm told)

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Yali said:
Look at it this way... if the true story doesn't make her laugh she's probably not the right girl for you anyway.
A good point.

thePyro_13 said:
Fight club, but say you can't talk about it, since it's fight club.
I kinda like this one

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Kitten DeLux said:
Use true story;
Get plenty of lol's.
She might even share something similar or stupid herself.
Pretty much this. I had a smile when I read your reasoning, and if the girl is interesting in you she might find it charming.

The alternative is "Something logical and reasonable happened and then I got bruised" which ends that discussion. Yours is "I did something stupid, how strange am I? Haha!" to which she may or may not share similar stories or, at least, laugh. If she suddenly goes "No, I cannot find a man attractive who does strange things when alone" then apparently she isn't the lady for you.

Simples.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
You share my surname, this is scary.

OT: Playing rugby, turned to recieve the final pass before a try and run into the goalpost - I have video of a friend of mine doing this :p

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Lie? But this is perfect!
Tell her the truth. If the laughs she craves your southern regions. If she stares at you with a weird look on her face she's just after free dinner.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Say you're the goddamm batman, and that you got them when Bane was fighting you.