Help me make a good excuse for my bruises!

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
My absolute favourite standard lie for anything is "Saving kittens from housefires". It's a good multipurpose excuse for so many different things. I use it mostly for playing D&D, but it's good for so many things.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
clearly there is only one thing too do;

tell her its an injury you got saving a bus full of orphans and nuns.

never fails. its got the Ramboondiea seal of improval

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I defiantly recommend honesty man. It's a rather cute/funny story in of itself. I think she'll be perfectly fine with the truthful explanation.

Solstrana91

Sep 4, 2004
Lumber Barber said:
..Godamn Jesus Christ you are handsome.
Like, holy shit.
What this guy said.
You won't even need to tell the story dude.

EDIT: Or "What this gal said" I don't know.

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Well it all went pretty well. I got a haircut before I met her then took her to a good thai buffet in central London. She didn't actually ask about the bruise until we were in a coffee shop hours later, but it had been bugging her.

So I jokingly said the Fight Club line then came out with the story. It was a laugh. Got a hug when she got off at her train stop but no kiss yet. Maybe this weekend.

I like this girl a lot and all but I already know she's leaving England to do a PhD in Philly in mid August. Already come to terms with no relationship coming of this but I'm enjoying the way it's going anyway. I see no reason to abandon a good thing.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
YOU TRIPPED...I said YOU TRIPPED.

Tell the truth but joke about it or something. Or lie out of your arsehole, either works :D...Just don't say it was a zit/spot/blackhead.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
"Shaving accident."

If she even asks why you have it and for some reason doesn't take this simple answer and asks how?

"I don't know how."

Done.

flatten_the_skyline

Jul 21, 2009
I guess it's not nice to start a relationship with a lie. So you tried to make yourself a hickie, see if it works?

I hope she won't file this under self harm (yes, it's not just cutting), otherwise you just dye your hair black and talk about "the pain". Maybe she'll understand and share some sinister poetry with you.