Help needed!!!

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661201 said:
I have arranged to see a therapist..but their is a long ass waiting list...
then you may want to do research on Amazon and look at mental health books that deal with Anxiety and Depression. they actually make "Depression for Dummies"... seems like a depressing purchase, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

having an overall understanding of the condition and where you fit within it will give you a head start with the therapist when you finally do get in. everything he's going to say to you came out of a book anyways... still though, don't get the book and cancel the therapist. it helps to have an objective outside voice when dealing with internal mental issues.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
I agree with BallPtPenThief. Been there, done that, went to the pharmacy yesterday, gonna call my shrink next week. But that isn't enough.

OK, and I'm totally serious about this - you've just come up with a whole list of stuff you can't do, so...

Tell me something you can do. It doesn't need to be impressive, but you've got to stop dwelling on your helplessness. All the therapy and drugs in the world won't help you if you aren't willing to fight for your life. There are things you can do, even people who are paralysed from the eyes down can do something. Find something you can do and do it, and hang on to that until you find another thing you can do and then hang on to both of them. And get help, and when you get help, use it. The therapist and the pills aren't going to fix you, they are just going to help you get out from under whatever has got you down, but you have to fix it yourself.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
what about trade schools?

do you like carpentry? it may sound too blue collar but there is a psychological satisfaction in the completion of a project. you actually end with an object that you can have pride in.. most white collar jobs lack this reward aspect and subsequently drain the life from your brain.

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
Just get your foot in the door first off. Find a job, no matter what it is, but make sure you will be working with others. You will slowly gain friends or at least build up enough courage to make some outside of the work place. If you are looking for an easy way to gain all this at once, just stop thinking right there. There are no easy routes.

School will unfortuantely have to wait so just plan out what you want to do with that (as in where to go and what courses to take). Your job there is done.

I don't know why all these people are talking about depression. If you are becoming depressed over all of this, fine, but it will not help you any. Going on about how bad of a life you have will also not make any of this better. I went though all of this and it took thre months to get a job when I moved cities. Its tough but think about where you are going, not where you have been.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
To be honest I really do not have any skills:( I can type on a keyboard..but that is not a job....and you need to be fast typer to make it a job.

I play games..but I can't be a games tester....

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Actually, another great source of learning is, this great domain:

The Internet. [http://www.google.co.uk]

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Move to Japan and get a job teaching English. They'll pay for your apartment and all your living expenses. All you need to do is know how to speak English so you can help the teacher plan lessons. I am assuming from the fact that you are speaking to me that you can do that.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
HBrutusH post=18.69486.661258 said:
Actually, another great source of learning is, this great domain:

The Internet. [http://www.google.co.uk]
I learnt everything I know about computers from the internet, and now I know enough to earn some money fixing other people's.

gah, sorry, quoted myself.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661246 said:
To be honest I really do not have any skills:( I can type on a keyboard..but that is not a job....and you need to be fast typer to make it a job.

i learned to type 60 words per minute from online chat rooms... first temp job out of highschool was secretarial stuff at $12/hour. my peers were working at retail for minimum wage... and i had blue hair and piercings.

oh, and i reccomend not being a game tester. they aren't exactly a solid model of mental health as many of them delve further into their mental issues by escaping into videogames.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
BallPtPenTheif post=18.69486.661275 said:

i learned to type 60 words per minute from online chat rooms... first temp job out of highschool was secretarial stuff at $12/hour. my peers were working at retail for minimum wage... and i had blue hair and piercings.

oh, and i reccomend not being a game tester. they aren't exactly a solid model of mental health as many of them delve further into their mental issues by escaping into videogames.
Also most only make less then 30k a year.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
Evilbunny post=18.69486.661269 said:
Move to Japan and get a job teaching English. They'll pay for your apartment and all your living expenses. All you need to do is know how to speak English so you can help the teacher plan lessons. I am assuming from the fact that you are speaking to me that you can do that.
Moving to japan is hard with no money

A29inchbeefstick

Aug 24, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661266 said:
HBrutusH post=18.69486.661251 said:
To be honest I really do not have any skills
Hobbies?

Why not?

I had a hobbit..but gave up as it became boring..gaming is my hobbie..

and I have applied to be a games tester in a lot of places
You could always just work a minimal wage job go back to college get a masters and find work...or do like my Mexican bros and work for below minimal wage to feed/cloth/shelter their entire family....

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
You Americans who have not read posts... I am english college is free!!! But you need qualifications to get in.... The jobs I have been trying for are low grade jobs... and I still have no luck!

Now the next person who mentions gettign a job I will kill!

Feb 13, 2008
[email protected] post=366.69486.661281 said:
Evilbunny post=18.69486.661269 said:
Moving to japan is hard with no money
Arabia and a number of other countries will do similar and pay for you to come out there. My folks are there at the moment and they get a car, house and two trips home a year on top of their salary.