Here we go again: Anita Sarkeesian and the gaming community

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
TheKasp said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
I don't care about professional victims, who peddle ideologically driven, intellectually dishonest political bullshit. I care about actual problems.

Like how the consoles aren't worth a damn. Like how development costs continue to skyrocket to the point of sustainability. Like how we can't just talk about games.

These are games. Things we play to have fun. Things played for the purpose of stress release and for competition. We do not need Anita Sarkeesian or any of her little bay area friends shitting up the place with their rhetoric.

Also, I love how I said there were actual issues in the industry and you just completely ignore that.
You know what this post reeks of?

"Stop talking about stuff I don't want you to talk about!"

No-fucking-one stops you from talking about games, stops you from playing games for fun or competition. But you know what? Just because you don't want any critical discussion of a games content (all content) doesn't mean others don't want that. I enjoy such discussions, I enjoy such criticism. It helps the medium grow, it helps creating stories with more depth, stories with better characters. You don't have this whining about criticism in other forms of media, you don't have people all in tears throwing them in front of artist due to the assumption that their minds are so weak and fragile that they don't know how to take criticism. In gaming you have that. In gaming giving a 9/10 score with the slight mention that the depiction of female characters is problematic at best nets you heaps of hate and abuse from the proud "gamers".

But no. Keep on dictating what the "actual issues" are. Keep trying to keep your moral highground when you decide what other people should enjoy.

And also: Don't tell me what I play games for!
Right on brother.

Captcha: maple syrup. Its all it keeps telling me. Must be afraid for its life or something. Still will purge it with fire

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
One EA title I was maybe going to give a chance and buy, even with origin and all... and they blew it again.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Haerthan said:
You know what is the worst that could happen? The tropes that she brought to the forefront in her videos are just going to disappear. I stopped calling myself a gamer back in August 2014, when the GG thing started. I am really ashamed of this community. Just how the hell did we get at this point?
You stopped calling yourself a gamer when some people told you it was bad...okay...i suppose it really depends on what you see a gamer as but damn it must be a long way from 'passionate about playing games' which i hold as the definition. Seems like a knee-jerk bleating exercise to me...does polly wanna cracker? :p

OT if Anita is actually doing this then good for her and good for the game. She has given me plenty of food for thought since her videos and has shown how selfishly and stupidly some people cling to their fears without ever once engaging their brains enough to see an opposing view as anything other than a personal attack. It all fuels my Human-racism...

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
CannibalCorpses said:
Haerthan said:
You know what is the worst that could happen? The tropes that she brought to the forefront in her videos are just going to disappear. I stopped calling myself a gamer back in August 2014, when the GG thing started. I am really ashamed of this community. Just how the hell did we get at this point?
You stopped calling yourself a gamer when some people told you it was bad...okay...i suppose it really depends on what you see a gamer as but damn it must be a long way from 'passionate about playing games' which i hold as the definition. Seems like a knee-jerk bleating exercise to me...does polly wanna cracker? :p

OT if Anita is actually doing this then good for her and good for the game. She has given me plenty of food for thought since her videos and has shown how selfishly and stupidly some people cling to their fears without ever once engaging their brains enough to see an opposing view as anything other than a personal attack. It all fuels my Human-racism...
I stopped calling myself a gamer when the amount of shit just skyrocketed. No outside influence was necessary or present. I still play videogames, I just don't announce it anymore as often as I used to. Although I will still make a project about the games industry in my writing class. I just refuse to call myself one cause of the bad connotations it has. Human-racism? Might I show you the game Hatred? That seems like a good cathartic game for human-racists/misanthropes.

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Haerthan said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Haerthan said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Haerthan said:
When the hypersensitive decided we under obligation to care about their feelings.

If you want to leave, go right ahead. No body is stopping you. Hell, I've thought about taking a a few years off from video games, but that was because the people running this fucking industry couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map.
So you would completely ignore the actual issues in the industry and community? Yes some people are HYPERSENSITIVE, and we are under no obligation to cater to them. But you can't come to me and say that Anita Sarkeesian is hypersensitive, not when I watched her videos and saw what she advocated.

You would also ignore the harassment that has happened over the few years. In my opinion you are part of the problem.
I don't care about professional victims, who peddle ideologically driven, intellectually dishonest political bullshit. I care about actual problems.

Like how the consoles aren't worth a damn. Like how development costs continue to skyrocket to the point of sustainability. Like how we can't just talk about games.

These are games. Things we play to have fun. Things played for the purpose of stress release and for competition. We do not need Anita Sarkeesian or any of her little bay area friends shitting up the place with their rhetoric.

Also, I love how I said there were actual issues in the industry and you just completely ignore that.
Ok here we go:
1) I am mainly a PC gamer, but i also got a PS3 (official buy) and an Xbox 360 (garage sale buy- 60$). The new ones are worth what everyone thinks they are. Are they behind? yes they are. That is an issue. Never said it wasn't

2) Cost of development has been skyrocketing for years, but do gamers vote with their wallets? Yes they do: buying COD and Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. So for those companies that use such huge costs, they see it as justified, cause they are making mad bank here. COD and GTA are practically licenses to print money. Again I never said it wasn't an issue.

3) Yes games are played for fun. But that doesn't mean that they aren't political. That doesn't stop anyone from criticizing it, not me, not you, NOT Anita Sarkeesian. Games, as part of our culture, are by their very nature political/cultural. Nobody is taking away your games, nobody sane (NOT EVEN HER or her friends, omg) is saying you are a monster for enjoying said games. Hell her videos start that we can still enjoy them while criticizing them. So your assertion that videogames aren't political or a deeper meaning to them is not only false, as decades of media research has proven (no not the link between games and violence, different research, OLDER research-look up Marshall MacLuhan). You don't like her, fine, your prerogative. But you do NOT have the right to dictate who joins the community, everybody is welcome.
"No one's going to to take away your games."

This defense pisses me off every time I hear it. They don't want to take away our games they want to change games to fit their ideology. Which is worse if you ask me. Or and By the way, feminists in Australia actually managed to get GTAV pulled from store shelves because they whined at target. I think that qualifies as "trying to take away our games."
And stop reading shit into my posts that isn't there. I never said that games didn't have deeper meaning or that they weren't political. I don't want ideologues forcibly injecting their political beliefs into every fucking thing. Games have had political messages, ranging from anti-war to the hubris of man.

Anita is NOT part of this community. She came into this community, said she didn't like it, and demanded it change to suit her.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Haerthan said:
CannibalCorpses said:
Haerthan said:

I stopped calling myself a gamer when the amount of shit just skyrocketed. No outside influence was necessary or present. I still play videogames, I just don't announce it anymore as often as I used to. Although I will still make a project about the games industry in my writing class. I just refuse to call myself one cause of the bad connotations it has. Human-racism? Might I show you the game Hatred? That seems like a good cathartic game for human-racists/misanthropes.
I'm baffled. You are perpetuating the 'amount of shit' by starting a thread perpetuating lies but also use it as an excuse for why you now don't use the general term for someone who likes and plays games. You also dated when you changed your mind and it strangely coincides with when certain parts of the games media started slagging gamers off as irrelevant and dead. It seems you followed their example so again, does polly wanna cracker?

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
CannibalCorpses said:
Haerthan said:
CannibalCorpses said:
Haerthan said:

I'm baffled. You are perpetuating the 'amount of shit' by starting a thread perpetuating lies but also use it as an excuse for why you now don't use the general term for someone who likes and plays games. You also dated when you changed your mind and it strangely coincides with when certain parts of the games media started slagging gamers off as irrelevant and dead. It seems you followed their example so again, does polly wanna cracker?
Read MY OP, it says clearly I hoe its not true. And I dated it then cause then the amount of BS crossed a threshold in my eyes. The thing started in early August, and you seem unable to actually understand what those articles actually meant. The community is diverse, NOT DEAD. But I'll stop dealiing with this stuff. Gotta finish my breakfast.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Machine Man 1992 said:
Haerthan said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Haerthan said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Haerthan said:
When the hypersensitive decided we under obligation to care about their feelings.

If you want to leave, go right ahead. No body is stopping you. Hell, I've thought about taking a a few years off from video games, but that was because the people running this fucking industry couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map.
So you would completely ignore the actual issues in the industry and community? Yes some people are HYPERSENSITIVE, and we are under no obligation to cater to them. But you can't come to me and say that Anita Sarkeesian is hypersensitive, not when I watched her videos and saw what she advocated.

You would also ignore the harassment that has happened over the few years. In my opinion you are part of the problem.

Ok here we go:
1) I am mainly a PC gamer, but i also got a PS3 (official buy) and an Xbox 360 (garage sale buy- 60$). The new ones are worth what everyone thinks they are. Are they behind? yes they are. That is an issue. Never said it wasn't

2) Cost of development has been skyrocketing for years, but do gamers vote with their wallets? Yes they do: buying COD and Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. So for those companies that use such huge costs, they see it as justified, cause they are making mad bank here. COD and GTA are practically licenses to print money. Again I never said it wasn't an issue.

3) Yes games are played for fun. But that doesn't mean that they aren't political. That doesn't stop anyone from criticizing it, not me, not you, NOT Anita Sarkeesian. Games, as part of our culture, are by their very nature political/cultural. Nobody is taking away your games, nobody sane (NOT EVEN HER or her friends, omg) is saying you are a monster for enjoying said games. Hell her videos start that we can still enjoy them while criticizing them. So your assertion that videogames aren't political or a deeper meaning to them is not only false, as decades of media research has proven (no not the link between games and violence, different research, OLDER research-look up Marshall MacLuhan). You don't like her, fine, your prerogative. But you do NOT have the right to dictate who joins the community, everybody is welcome.
"No one's going to to take away your games."

This defense pisses me off every time I hear it. They don't want to take away our games they want to change games to fit their ideology. Which is worse if you ask me. Or and By the way, feminists in Australia actually managed to get GTAV pulled from store shelves because they whined at target. I think that qualifies as "trying to take away our games."
And stop reading shit into my posts that isn't there. I never said that games didn't have deeper meaning or that they weren't political. I don't want ideologues forcibly injecting their political beliefs into every fucking thing. Games have had political messages, ranging from anti-war to the hubris of man.

Anita is NOT part of this community. She came into this community, said she didn't like it, and demanded it change to suit her.
And who are you to say who is and who isnt part of the community? That is arrogance of the highest order. Everybody is welcome. But then again you also cant seem to understand what criticism means. So Im not even going to bother responding beyond what I just wrote.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Machine Man 1992 said:
They don't want to take away our games they want to change games to fit their ideology.
Are you really that fucking afraid of a group of people that aren't you making loud enough complaints on the internet to the point where companies say to themselves "hmmm these people are willing to dish out money to us if we include certain elements into it".

I mean, where was this outrage when videogames were went from having characters and plots of all shapes, sizes, and forms to [insert shooter with military dude here]. Oh wait, that was fine because it was for the money. But holy fuck- Nintendo added in ONE black character? Clearly they are being forced by SJW's.

Anita is NOT part of this community.
And this right here is the crux of the entire problem with the very culture of the gamer community. We like to laud that we are inclusive, that we are accepting of everyone, but holy god damn if your the "wrong sort", then your not part of the community.

We can replace Anita with the other following groups of people: SJW's, feminists, bro gamers, casuals, wii casuals, mobile gamers, etc. etc. etc.

Every other fucking month there is a group of people we perceive as "threatening gaming" when the most they did is criticize another GTA game and declare them unfit of joining the fucking "club".

She came into this community, said she didn't like it, and demanded it change to suit her.
I cannot recall one instance where she said she didn't like the gaming community (granted with how much shit she gets from them now I wouldn't be surprised if that is her opinion now.) All she fucking did was point out problematic aspects across a wide spectrum of videogames to point out tropes. That is not the equivalent of hating the community, and your going to need to cite where she every demanded game companies and studios to do anything for her.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Haerthan said:
Lovely Mixture said:
Adultratedhydra said:
oh i know Jim is still neutral and its just Pro that label him anti.
Pros label him a hypocrite. He constantly advocates for consumer rights but when his journo friends get called out he gets flaky.
I would like you to go see his Jimquisition stuff and tell me where he gets flaky? Seriously go check it out. Cause most likely you haven't seen it.

That's how it's been for Jim ever since this whole GG crap started. Jim has basically been what Gamergaters think they are since day fucking one of starting his Jimquisition. He called out EA/Ubisoft/Activision bullshit every other week, and points out how corrupt some indie devs are, he calls out the shit that Steam pulls in regards to it's consumers and quality control (same with Origin). Hell I even remember him calling out the REAL CORRUPTION in games journalism where journalists were given awards and they all happened to be people who gave awesome scores to EA/Ubisoft/Activision games of that year along with (I believe bribing.)

So no, Jim was never flaky with anything. If he sees corruption- journalists or otherwise he calls them out.

The reason why GG hates him is because he flat out said that he doesn't need to side with GG to do the thing he's been doing since day 1 (the also added him on a blacklist for being an SJW early on in the movement.), this is also not to mention that for all their whinging about ethics they have a really nasty habit of fabricating screengrabs of journalists twitters/facebooks/chat logs and altering them to look like things they are not, or completely missing the context and claiming it's something that it's not. And Jim promptly defends his journalist friends on shit like that, and now they want to claim he's a hypocrite.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Dragonbums said:
Haerthan said:
Lovely Mixture said:
Adultratedhydra said:
oh i know Jim is still neutral and its just Pro that label him anti.
Pros label him a hypocrite. He constantly advocates for consumer rights but when his journo friends get called out he gets flaky.
I would like you to go see his Jimquisition stuff and tell me where he gets flaky? Seriously go check it out. Cause most likely you haven't seen it.

That's how it's been for Jim ever since this whole GG crap started. Jim has basically been what Gamergaters think they are since day fucking one of starting his Jimquisition. He called out EA/Ubisoft/Activision bullshit every other week, and points out how corrupt some indie devs are, he calls out the shit that Steam pulls in regards to it's consumers and quality control (same with Origin). Hell I even remember him calling out the REAL CORRUPTION in games journalism where journalists were given awards and they all happened to be people who gave awesome scores to EA/Ubisoft/Activision games of that year along with (I believe bribing.)

So no, Jim was never flaky with anything. If he sees corruption- journalists or otherwise he calls them out.

The reason why GG hates him is because he flat out said that he doesn't need to side with GG to do the thing he's been doing since day 1 (the also added him on a blacklist for being an SJW early on in the movement.), this is also not to mention that for all their whinging about ethics they have a really nasty habit of fabricating screengrabs of journalists twitters/facebooks/chat logs and altering them to look like things they are not, or completely missing the context and claiming it's something that it's not. And Jim promptly defends his journalist friends on shit like that, and now they want to claim he's a hypocrite.
I know man I know. That's why I think GG should just go away. Their entire movement is nothing more than just a reaction to what seems to be
1) an affair that is none of their business
2) an attack on a feminist critic
They also have a GIANT inability to actually comprehend what most people know/easily understand.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I think Anita would be a fine addition to the dev team for such a game. And why not? The game is about a female protagonist, an able-bodied courier named Faith who runs liberated information, set in what appears to be a sort of 1984 inspired, government-controlled future where said information is normally rigidly managed. Seems quite story-driven, too, and that is an opportunity for input, or at least some feminist consultation. Did you get to play out some random courier missions earlier in the game, ones that weren't tied to the main plot? Cause that would be liberating... I'm under the impression that one of it's major criticisms was it was too short, so another kick at the can is in order.

I'll never play them, but it totally should be given a chance to shine.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
Methodia Chicken said:
Vault101 said:
TheKasp said:
Id rather be sexist, than allow women to ruin the male dominated gaming industry.
This just slapped me in the face. The last straw of one of my favorite subreddits.
check out the SRS Fempire!

yes I know people really really hate SRS at worst or find it extreme/off putting at best [footnote/]because sometimes people don't like being called out on their bullshit also their bluntness is really confronting[/footnote] but honestly? I've read some really interesting discussion there that's made me think, like this fascinating post on why Reddits worship of the STEM is related to a serious lack of critical thought which ties into "there is no problem"

"SJW" or not reddit (and extending to other parts othe internet) is a shitshow that harbours a serious lack of self awareness
Tried to hunt down this post about STEM, and think I found it. or at least something close to it? because this has been something that's been bothering me about that Reddit type community for a while that I haven't been able to put my finger on.

It seems I've found it on first impression it seems like The discounting of the humanities and the obsession with formulaic logic. which seems to have broken down any open ended discussion and led instead for some sort of drive to find the correct answer.
It's Science without any philosophy, a Tim Minchin song without any self awareness or wit. which is good at what it does (finding answers) its pretty awful at finding questions and discussing ones that don't have a clear answer.

while I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a Shitshow but its shut down some very important forms of dialogue.
Thank you very much Vault for this insight.
The problem you're sensing is Reddit's preoccupation with scientific ideas while lacking the necessary understanding of them. It worships Bill Nye, NDT and indeed Unidan as the ultimate voices. Basically the site is a scientific circlejerk, to borrow one of their phrases.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Haerthan said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Haerthan said:
Too many people taking claims of harassment at face value, and pretty much claiming all criticism made against certain people were all sexist.
You would completely ignore the actual cases of harassment?
Nope. I just haven't seen any cases where I can honestly say someone was legit driven from their home, instead of just saying they were on Twitter (Which any cop would tell you NOT to do) in order to drudge up more oppression points.

Also, considering how often you like to claim that both sides are doxxing, it's rather odd that you never bring up any examples of Gamer Gate doxxing people beyond LW1's doxx (Which was proven to be fake pretty damn quickly) while I have at least three people/groups who were doxxed by anti-gaters. TFYC, Jason Miller who created #NotYourShield, and most recently the lady who makes Plebcomics.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Metalix Knightmare said:
Haerthan said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Haerthan said:
Too many people taking claims of harassment at face value, and pretty much claiming all criticism made against certain people were all sexist.
You would completely ignore the actual cases of harassment?
Nope. I just haven't seen any cases where I can honestly say someone was legit driven from their home, instead of just saying they were on Twitter (Which any cop would tell you NOT to do) in order to drudge up more oppression points.

Also, considering how often you like to claim that both sides are doxxing, it's rather odd that you never bring up any examples of Gamer Gate doxxing people beyond LW1's doxx (Which was proven to be fake pretty damn quickly) while I have at least three people/groups who were doxxed by anti-gaters. TFYC, Jason Miller who created #NotYourShield, and most recently the lady who makes Plebcomics.
Really using LW? That is textbook definition of dehumanizing someone.

Anita Sarkeesian, driven from her home in September. Police and FBI involved.
Brianna Wu- driven from her home, forgot when. Again police and FBI involved. Once you involve the police and the feds, business is serious. Because making false accusations to the FBI nets you JAIL TIME.

Also i respectfully request a citation of the proof of Zoe Quinn's "false" doxxing.

TFYC was proven to be shady as all fuck, with Zoe Quinn saying that it was all a misunderstanding and from there it snowballed cause of ONE person from TFYC who didn't stop putting up lies about it.
I find that hashtag so ironic it isnt even hilarious. You are hiding behind other people in order to justify your own doxxing. I keep telling people over and over: HARASSMENT IS UNACCEPTABLE FROM ALL SIDES. I keep putting it in every post, but you guys seem unable to understamd that.

I HATE HARASSERS from ALL SIDES. BOTH SIDES are guilty of harassment.

Edit: more examples of harassment:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-gardner-women-in-tech-20141207-story.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email
(granted not GG, but still) http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

Edit 2: And with this I am out.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Haerthan said:
NO TROLLING. If I see trolling I will bloody well report you, regardless of the ideology you purport to represent. This is to be a clean discussion.
I find it interesting you put that in your OP yet...

1) You've posted this in the general subforum instead of R & P where threads like this belong (surprised no one else called you out on this, or maybe they have, didn't read all 9 pages). Since your user date is recent I'll chalk it up to ignorance.

2) All you've done is give more publicity to Anita Sarkeesian, signal boosting her. Especially by posting this thread in the general sub forum. You could at least pm a mod to put it where it belongs, i.e: with the rest in R & P.

It's thanks to threads like this that Anita Sarkeesian is able to kick up enough of a fuss and gets to make appearances on the Colbert Report.

Honestly I use to believe in the adage "ignore it and dont feed the troll" but I've tried to keep true to this line of thinking (this is literally the first Anita Sarkeesian thread I've posted in...since the very first feminist frequency thread came out on the escapist an eternity ago) for as long as I can but clearly it doesn't work, people just can't help giving her more publicity and if you are honestly someone who doesn't like AS, then you've kinda fucked up by making this thread.

Catchpra: Know the ropes Yeah catchpra I know how these things go, but I'm only one man. If everyone who disagreed with or disliked her acted like I did and simply ignored AS, she wouldn't be this prominent, but people don't know the ropes and just keep talking about her no matter what :/

Alex1508

Sep 20, 2014
Machine Man 1992 said:
They don't want to take away our games they want to change games to fit their ideology. Which is worse if you ask me.
Don't you worry. If anything the GG movement and this new wave of "political incorrectness" and their hunt for perceived SJWs, diversity or games that promote inclusion and all the pearl clutching and hypocrisy they demostrated throughout, has proven, is that gamers don't care what you make as long as you stay on track with their poltical ideology. Hey as long as their "FUN AND ENJOYABLE GAMES" throw other minorities and gender under the bus to prop up the "FUN" it's all fine, right?

Dragonbums said:
Are you really that fucking afraid of a group of people that aren't you making loud enough complaints on the internet to the point where companies say to themselves "hmmm these people are willing to dish out money to us if we include certain elements into it".

I mean, where was this outrage when videogames were went from having characters and plots of all shapes, sizes, and forms to [insert shooter with military dude here]. Oh wait, that was fine because it was for the money. But holy fuck- Nintendo added in ONE black character? Clearly they are being forced by SJW's.

And this right here is the crux of the entire problem with the very culture of the gamer community. We like to laud that we are inclusive, that we are accepting of everyone, but holy god damn if your the "wrong sort", then your not part of the community.

We can replace Anita with the other following groups of people: SJW's, feminists, bro gamers, casuals, wii casuals, mobile gamers, etc. etc. etc.

Every other fucking month there is a group of people we perceive as "threatening gaming" when the most they did is criticize another GTA game and declare them unfit of joining the fucking "club".
ha ha ha yeah right as if anyone would ever buy the line about "gaming being inclusive" in this day and age. It takes about two weeks of gaming even for a complete gaming neophite to get the answer for that one.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Frankster said:
Haerthan said:
NO TROLLING. If I see trolling I will bloody well report you, regardless of the ideology you purport to represent. This is to be a clean discussion.
I find it interesting you put that in your OP yet...

1) You've posted this in the general subforum instead of R & P where threads like this belong (surprised no one else called you out on this, or maybe they have, didn't read all 9 pages). Since your user date is recent I'll chalk it up to ignorance.

2) All you've done is give more publicity to Anita Sarkeesian, signal boosting her. Especially by posting this thread in the general sub forum. You could at least pm a mod to put it where it belongs, i.e: with the rest in R & P.

It's thanks to threads like this that Anita Sarkeesian is able to kick up enough of a fuss and gets to make appearances on the Colbert Report.

Honestly I use to believe in the adage "ignore it and dont feed the troll" but I've tried to keep true to this line of thinking (this is literally the first Anita Sarkeesian thread I've posted in...since the very first feminist frequency thread came out on the escapist an eternity ago) for as long as I can but clearly it doesn't work, people just can't help giving her more publicity and if you are honestly someone who doesn't like AS, then you've kinda fucked up by making this thread.

Catchpra: Know the ropes Yeah catchpra I know how these things go, but I'm only one man. If everyone who disagreed with or disliked her acted like I did and simply ignored AS, she wouldn't be this prominent, but people don't know the ropes and just keep talking about her no matter what :/
Well I did see they moved my thread to the RP section. I didnt know that, I lurked for a few years, but I never posted/joined until March 2014. So I guess I am still learning the ropes.
Also I agree in general with Anita Sarkeesian. Are there parts when she says stuff I dont agree with? yes, of course there is. I do think for myself. No, the thread served its purpose in my eyes. It started a debate about how far some people go to besmirch other people for DARING to criticize games.