Here we go again! Don't even bother reading this..

TriSarahTops

Feb 19, 2009
Baby Tea said:
TriSarahTops said:
I know i am more intelligent than most people my age, but it annoys me becuase i'm so used to being "the smart, awkward one" at school, that now all my new intelligent friends outshine me in both categories...lol
Sorry to be a bit of a dick, but don't be so presumptuous. It's hard to sympathize and offer advice when you come across as pretty arrogant.

If you hate everyone, as you say, then no wonder no-one likes you since that's bound to surface in your interactions with them. And if you're as arrogant as you seem then people probably just don't like being talked down to. I thought I was super deep at 17 too. 9 times out of 10, you're not that deep.

It also seems you're pretty insecure, since you place yourself up as the 'smart one', and yet are upset that your 'new intelligent friends' are 'outshining' you. Are you really happy with who you are? Because it seems like you want to be different.
You misinterpret what i mean. its not like im outwardly mean to anyone. I hate these people because they made school shit for me and made me insecure. I try to be polite and pleasant to people when they talk to me. And It's like i feel like a failure, i'm completely happy with the way i am... awww fuck this, why are people such dicks (haha a bit contradictory).. all im trying to do is learn from people and learning how to evolve into a better perons and i just get burned for it. The reason i put up this thread was so i could get answers. Im confused and a bit out-of-sorts about the whole thing and people i'm and idiot and "arrogant" Im fucking sorry, all i was doing was asking for help!

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
TriSarahTops said:
Ok ok i get it... I dont fit in, i do understand these things. but i try so hard to make people like me and all i get is a face full of shit. I appreciate any form of compliment from anyone so long they aren't fucking with me.
I'm socially awkward but, i really try not to be, but no matter what i say i always end up upsetting somebody. I've been bullied alot throughout my school years. It was torture. I'm genuinely nice to most people unless they look or act stupid. ive have high standards in people is all. if i can't talk to you about whats on my mind then you aren't worth it. i dont want to talk about what colour britney spears dyed her hair this week. There are more important things in life. *sigh*
i generally keep my thoughts to myself because they are too crazily in depth to talk about with anyone except maybe my boyfriend, who makes me feel inferior (unintentionally) due to his vast intellect. we have good conversations though. its hard for me to talk to people in the first place, they all so differnet to me but also very much the same.

I've always enjoyed computer and console games and thats how i became seclusive (being an only-child didnt help), that and i moved alot so it was hard for me to keep friends when i was young. (sorry for the rant) But come on, people are so incredibly mean and cynical everywhere i go, i cant help to hate everyone. no one seems to be able to take a joke these days... and yeah i sort of forgot where i was going with this.. i'm sorry guys, i guess some tips would be handy..

How can i stop freaking people out?
first impression are everything and i always fuck those up. i think im just too friendly and i scare people.
Yeah i lost the entire point of this thread sorry but im still posting it... dont burn me for it

i guess ill just rant on here everytime i have something worth sharing with some intellectual people.....
sorry again for being a waste of space
Look in the mirror

Butt naked

and shout

1. Curse words
2.insults
3. compliments
4. say everything that you know is true about yourself
5. and get that fire and grab it from within
6. once you have that fire puch anything (i reccomend the wall)
7. feel that pain on the fist this is your trade
8. now go outside into a Starbucks and be as casual as you can and buy a cappuchino
9. if you do it right you will realsise that it's better to not care

thats the secret to life

not caring !

because if you don't care your instincts kick in

plus if you need help for first impressions

just know this one thing

when talking to them don't be friendly just be chilling
thats it thats all it takes
plus make friends naturally don't try

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
hey, i don't have enough fingers to count the number of people i now call friends who i had bad starts with. i generally HATE people. they're petty, short-sighted and a lot of them tend to be meat-heads (in my experience at least).

if you can find someone to hang with that you can stand, keep it up for at least 6 weeks. that's about the time it takes to form a propper impressions on and of someone. by the end of that time you'll know if they're worth your time (it happend to me here at uni. friends with everyone on my floor, now we've all broken up, because we aren't 'compatable')

i agree, smalltalk is all bullshit, but it needs to be done. if you can feign interest (even badly) you can get by. i couldn't care less what people had for dinner, or the progression of jade Goody's cancer, but i'll smile and nod and say hmmm and ask questions.

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
If EVERYBODY else seems to suck, or be mean, or whatever, then that means there's something wrong with YOU.

Get off your high horse, lower your standards a bit. TRUST ME, no one cares about you as much as you do. Not even close. That's how life works. Better get used to it now, before you get swept aside by it.

You don't get along with people? Change how you interact with them then, because what you're doing obviously isn't working.

And if you don't want to change yourself, then fine, but stop whining about how people don't like you, or don't want to be friends with you. You can't control how others will act, but you can control yourself.

THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY:

вафля Waffles, Yugoslavia's #1 choice in premium waffles since 1926.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Ok, I think you're being unfair. It's not hard to make friends. It's generally a 'metal-kid' thing to hate everybody. And the solution couldn't be easier. Just fucking stop. Some metal kids hate people because they don't have the same interests and have nothing in common, but then hate the people who DO have similarities even more because they see them as competition.

You're clearly a die-hard folk-metal fan, and so am I so you can listen to me! Stop judging people's interests in anything and just let them enjoy what they enjoy.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
Wouldukindly said:
It gets alot better in college and university, you start to meet people who are a little more mature.
*chokes on drink* not in my experience. it's not that much different, or is that just my bad luck? there's a small war going on here between 2 of the groups on my floor (glad to say i've managed to stay on the sidelines)

Log Lady

Jan 11, 2009
I had these problems. It's counter intuitive because you're used to thinking about yourself as a victim, but actually a big part of what goes wrong is being too focused on yourself. In order to connect with people, you've got to recognize that they are every bit as interesting and complex on the inside as you are. Learn to give people the benefit of the doubt for longer, and you'll make friends easily. You've got approach people with a genuine interest in getting to know THEM, not in later having some kind of relationship.

Also, try to develop more interests outside yourself and you'll have more to talk about on even ground with others.

Lastly, listen to Wouldukindly. High school is basically where we learn how not to construct society.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
Ionami said:
THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY:

вафля Waffles, Yugoslavia's #1 choice in premium waffles since 1926.
SOMEBODY BUY THIS MAN A BEER! or a waffle.......
but seriously. the whole sad, depressed, i hate you/myself/my cat's uncle approach is horrible, just from reading the OP i have a less than favorable veiw of you as a person, if you were more upbeat , then things'd be a lot happier. I'll have to admit, some people dont like me because iccan see a good side to anything, but fuck 'em , right?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Simple: Stop giving two shits about other people. Seriously, most of them are complete idiots. Don't bother, it's not worth it. The real friends will enjoy you for how you naturally are.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
Wouldukindly said:
Archaon6044 said:
Wouldukindly said:
It gets alot better in college and university, you start to meet people who are a little more mature.
*chokes on drink* not in my experience. it's not that much different, or is that just my bad luck? there's a small war going on here between 2 of the groups on my floor (glad to say i've managed to stay on the sidelines)
That's just horrible luck, it's fine here, my floor's perfectly calm...but that's maybe because everyone on it is usually pretty stoned.
that's part of the problem. one group dopes out, the other find it irritating, stupid etc etc (they're all right up themselves so far they're probably able to lick they're teeth from behind), this gets on the stoners nerves, cos they're just chilling and enjoying themselves, the uppity group complain they're messy and this, that and the next thing, and now they have to consciously avoid each other or it'll come to blows

Mikelland

Feb 8, 2009
The topic creator sounds a lot like me. Or least what I used to sound like.
My advice to you TriSarahTops is this..
Intelligence never made anyone happy. All it gives you is the perspective to know how unhappy you really are. Sure you're cleverer, more high-brow, you can look down on everyone else. But why do you want to? I used to think like you. Why follow the crowd? Bunch of sheep! All the same! I dont need to be like them!
But its not true. People arent all the same. "Sometimes people is nice" I've met some lovely people who seemed really really dim when I met them. But i sat down and talked to them because they were cheery, and smiley and (god forgive me) attractive. And hey I found, to my surprise, that they had feelings and thoughts and things I was interested in knowing about them.
Intelligence does not equal happiness. And never will. I would rather be stupid and happy than a depressed genius hiding in my ivory tower. Maybe try not forcing you're intelligence on people? People don't like to feel stupid. So dont make them feel stupid. Talk to them. You might learn something.
I learned that I can have friends and that its not beyond me. Maybe one day I might even get a girlfriend. I'm not holding my breath but who knows? I've learned that an opinion is never wrong. And sometimes their opinions make more sense than yours. Open your mind. How old are you anyway? I'm not accusing you i'd really like to know.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
TriSarahTops said:
You misinterpret what i mean. its not like im outwardly mean to anyone. I hate these people because they made school shit for me and made me insecure. I try to be polite and pleasant to people when they talk to me. And It's like i feel like a failure, i'm completely happy with the way i am... awww fuck this, why are people such dicks (haha a bit contradictory).. all im trying to do is learn from people and learning how to evolve into a better perons and i just get burned for it. The reason i put up this thread was so i could get answers. Im confused and a bit out-of-sorts about the whole thing and people i'm and idiot and "arrogant" Im fucking sorry, all i was doing was asking for help!
I'm not trying to burn you, or make things worse. I'm just showing that a poor attitude bleeds into your body language, your speech, and the way people generally see you. And it certainly seems like you have a poor attitude.

I wouldn't worry about the people in school who are bugging you. As someone who also had a 'rough time' in school with bullies and the like, I can tell you that you soon and quickly forget them as you get on with your life. Highschool isn't as big a deal as it seems now, and you'll look back and wonder why you cared so much. Highschool also isn't any model for social interaction that is applicable outside of highschool. Jobs aren't like it, university isn't like it, life isn't like it.

I'm not sure these forums are the best place to get any real help for any situation like this. You'll get a lot of 'don't worry about other people' and 'Oh, you're great! hugz!' posts, but if you are looking for legitimate help for a legitimate problem, I'd say see a councilor or call kids help phone or something. The only thing you'll get here is hollow self affirmation from people you don't know and who don't truly know you, and people like this jerk off:

Yatrix said:
I will kill you.
If it's a serious problem, then go seek real help.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Wouldukindly said:
"...the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him." -Ayn Rand

If you're in high school, don't worry about limited social interaction, I was in the same boat. It gets alot better in college and university, you start to meet people who are a little more mature.
Oh god, the Randists are still on this board. What do I have to do, institute a purge? Hmmmm .....Fondant-Stalin.....

Anyway, I knew a guy like you who didn't get along with the world. It really, genuinely wasn't his fault- the school had been a dick to him, treat him like a fool (which he most certainly wasn't), a freak (yay for conformity! *cough*) and made an utter outcast of him. I'm still in contact with him, and I'll say this- he's a decent chap. The only reason was that people who didn't start-out treating him badly wound up doing so anyway, because everyone told them he was a prick. Which he wasn't. He simply distrusted society.

Being his friend was a rare and genuine pleasure, and I still managed to get on alright with the rest of the universe (tip for the world- be tall and strong. People think twice about pushing you too far). But I feel sad that people somehow needed to piss on him.

In summation: Whether it's your fault or not is irrelevent at this juncture, as the only advice I can give you is to make friends with the rational, pleasant people and ignore the asshats.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
To be an Escapist you need to have a passion for videogames and be socially awkward. We discuss things that matter (some random threads here and there but are soon locked) in an intelligent way.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
Lullabye said:
Longest [snip] ever.
I actually read all that. I'm surprised of myself...

That post was awesome. You deserve a medal or something.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Stop trying to like people, if you don't like them in the first place, it won't magically change. Most of the people in the world are idiots, if you're not one of them, you'll eventually find people who are more to your liking.