Here's The Crappy Reward That You'll Get When You Find All 900 Korok Seeds in Breath of the Wild

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Here's The Crappy Reward That You'll Get When You Find All 900 Korok Seeds in Breath of the Wild

Spoilers.

There are no shortage of items to collect in the newly released The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. One of these collectible options are Korok Seeds - of which the most dedicated of collectors must find 900, spread across the sprawling open world Hyrule. The seeds can be exchanged with Hestu in order to acquire more inventory space. However, players will get a very special surprise reward for collecting all 900 seeds.

It's poop.

Reddit user xFateAwaitsx [https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5zdvr7/botw_spoilers_i_just_collected_all_900_korok/] seems to be the first player to have successfully gathered all 900 seeds, and shared a screenshot of the aureate turd in his inventory. The item description reads: "A gift of friendship given to you by Hestu. It smells pretty bad."

There's also a video of him receiving the friendship poop, which you can check out below.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Fateawaits520/status/841719680368758784]

"Yeah, the reward was basically that you can watch the Hetsu dances as many times as you want... Aaannnddd the little gold turd. That's about it," xFateAwaitsx wrote. "Don't know if it's supposed to signify that acheivements are crap or if it's just a pile of crap, but an award is an award I guess."

Maybe it's not the destination that matters - maybe it's the journey, and the friends you make along the way.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
I get it, its a lucky poo. It's like the way the character in japanese for poop and the character for luck are pronounced is the same or they look really similar or something?

I'm sure i read that somewhere...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
... There's 900 of them?

I just assumed that there would be like 150 to 250 max.

I dream of all the weapon slots that'll give me. That said, my next upgrade is 25 seeds, I may not be getting that many more if each upgrade starts to cost 50 to 100 seeds...

Edit:
Side note, guess Nintendo got jealous of EA and wanted their own golden poop award.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Uh, if Nintendo thinks collecting a ridiculous number of items for achievements/trophies is stupid, they could just not make that a thing in the game.

Pretty lame reward, honestly. I've always preferred awards that are actually useful. Even if I rarely go through the trouble to 100% complete a game.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I don't think most games even give a reward at the end of a collectathon other than an achievement/trophy/sticker whatever. That's why I never bother with them. Maybe the turd has a use? Fertiliser? Got any hungry vegetable patches?

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
"Maybe it's not the destination that matters - maybe it's the journey, and the friends you make along the way."
In that case, given that Zelda is a single-player game and that you play it in your basement . . . you're a loser any way you look at it.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
-Hey Miyamoto-san. There is no way anyone is actually crazy enough and has so much free time to collect all 900 of these shitter. How about we just skip on making a reward forit.
-Yes Aonuma-san. Mix something up really fast and call it a day. Make a joke out of it.

That being said, I agree with the post above mine. If the journey is enjoyable, that itself is a reward. No need for too much besides it. If it's not enjoyable, then the problem is far bigger than the reward and people should complain about that.

saltyanon

Sep 18, 2013
Maybe it's a commentary on how chievos and general ocd checklist/completionist mechanics are shit!

Zacharious-khan said:
I get it, its a lucky poo. It's like the way the character in japanese for poop and the character for luck are pronounced is the same or they look really similar or something?

I'm sure i read that somewhere...
Luck is "un" in Japanese. 運 The word for shit you're thinking of is "unko".

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Don't you only need 400 or so of them to max all of your gear stashes? You'd think people would've gotten demotivated from the lack of reward at some point between seeds 401 and 899.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Might just be me, but after learning the Korok Seeds were used to upgrade your weapon/bow/shield capacity I didn't think they'd do anything more for "finding them all", just that you'd be able to fully max out your slots if you did (though there's very little reason to increase your bow or shield slots a lot before you've maxed out your weapon slots, since those are the ones that break a lot).

From reading the comments to this I can't help but wonder how many missed the primary use for them, unless I've missed it no one says "you should go find all of these for a special reward!", it's just a mystery as to their purpose until you find Hestu. I'm kinda shocked there's 900 of them though, I've only found about 250ish so far during my adventure xD

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Reminds me a bit of that Mario game for the DS where they were hyping up collecting 2 million golden coins or something or another...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Veldie said:
Zelda games making Complitionist whores go crazy sense Wind Waker
At least the photography sculptures was actually a kind of unique collection.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Brilliant, Nintendo. Fucking. Brilliant.
Haven't seen a game take that kind of dig at the audience in quite some time.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
That's bold at least? I don't know if I have the time to collect 900 though.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Well, let's be honest. This is definitely [https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197771-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/54323220] not the first time Nintendo's pulled this stunt.