Here's The First Picture of The Han Solo Movie Team

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Here's The First Picture of The Han Solo Movie Team

Han Solo is back in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

The team behind the upcoming stand-alone Han Solo movie have just released their first picture from the set, signifying that cameras have started rolling on the feature. It also gives us our first look at the cast for the film, and I must say that it's great to see Han back in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. Check it out below:

Clockwise from bottom left, you're looking at co-director Christopher Miller, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, co-director Phil Lord, and Donald Glover. Lucasfilm revealed that principal photography for the movie began on February 20.

Despite rumors of a delay [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169173-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Solo-Movie-Delay], the release date for the film is still slated for May 25, 2018.

I must say I had my doubts about Alden Ehrenreich, being a relative unknown, but he looks almost natural as Han. What do you guys think?

Source: Star Wars.com [http://www.starwars.com/news/han-solo-smuggler-scoundrel-hero-new-star-wars-story-begins]

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I can kind of see it.

Still not excited. Probably the first of the recent movies that I won't be seeing.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Khaleesi? So the dragon queen is now a part of Star Wars canon. I dunno how I feel about this. Hope it's better than her turn as Sarah Connor. Alden has just the right amount of charm without being unbearable to pull off Han Solo. Donald Glover's nailing it as Lando.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Will he fire his gun first this time?

But not seeing it because I don't give 2 shits about Han Solo, he's the Batman of Star Wars at this point.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Ah yes, I can't wait to see such memorable Han Solo moments as dogfighting Authority IRDs in a Z-95, staging a prison heist at Star's End, outsmarting slavers and hunting for the lost treasure of Xim the Despot.

What do you mean that's not what the film's about?

REEETCOOOOOOOONS!!!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So what the hell is Han Solo's arc going to be in this movie!? Seeing as he starts the first Star Wars off as a jerk who's only in it for number one.

And please don't tell me this movie is going to end with Han and Chewie sitting down at the cantina waiting to meet a CG Mark Hamil and Alec Guinness.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
They look like the attractive but sexually non-threatening cast of a CW TV show.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Oh boy, I think we've reached the pinnacle of what I don't want. Thank Disney for milking a franchise to death at record speed. Maybe you can try buying Harry Potter next and try to break your record.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
So what the hell is Han Solo's arc going to be in this movie!? Seeing as he starts the first Star Wars off as a jerk who's only in it for number one.

And please don't tell me this movie is going to end with Han and Chewie sitting down at the cantina waiting to meet a CG Mark Hamil and Alec Guinness.
Given they're plagiarizing everything else from the EU, the arc will likely be:

Poor, young, cocky, and talented pilot is raised by criminals (possibly with a female wookie as a surrogate mother). Eventually he joins the imperial academy, but is court martial out due to saving a wookie slave that then owes him a life debt. The now a cynical, talented pilot heads to Nar Shaddaa (I think still canon) where he get's in with the hutts as a smuggler. (Maybe work in the betrayal of a love interest for the rebellion, all though they already hybridized Bria into Jyn). On a smuggling run for Jabba (Possible Kessel Run) he has to dump his spice cargo before being boarded by imperials. Someone steals the cargo before he can get back to it and he ends up on Tatooine to explain himself to Jabba, setting up Ep 4.

Character Arc Ideological and cocky kid -> Cinnical and world weary grizzled smuggler

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

But not seeing it because I don't give 2 shits about Han Solo, he's the Batman of Star Wars at this point.
What? No he's not.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Dirty Hipsters said:
They look like the attractive but sexually non-threatening cast of a CW TV show.
Thank you. I was going to say something similar, though I think I was going to settle for "...the cast of a f&@$ing CW TV show." If the script is equally bland and homogonized...

It probably doesn't help that I felt kind of let down by Rogue One. So much running time spent, only to fail to develop characters we were invested in by the time the inevitable came about...

Well, I'll wait for the reviews, but this one can go really wrong in either of two ways. It can be as bland, "nice", and rounded off as that photo, or it can go the Rogue One route of being so determined to have characters be edgy anti-heroes that they do callous and destructive things even when doing so is stupid. I'm not really interested in paying first-week prices to watch either.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Pointless. The first (live action) Star Wars movie of my age I'm not seeing in the cinema.
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What? No he's not.
Yeah, that's Vader. He had an entire saga made about him. Funny thing is that Samtemdo actually wants a Darth Vader movie.

Edit: Oh, he's probably talking about the expanded universe. Nobody gives a shit about the EU. The films certainly don't have to concern themselves with it.
Yes provided its done right. i don't wanna deal with Jokey charcaters like Han Solo, I wanna deal with characters that gets shit done like Darth Vader.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
Time to think like a SJW: there is only a token alien and a token black dude. All others are white human people!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'm actually more interested in Donald Glover being a young Lando. I really enjoy Mr. Glover in what I've seen him in, and I think he'd be a great choice.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Pointless. The first (live action) Star Wars movie of my age I'm not seeing in the cinema.
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What? No he's not.
Yeah, that's Vader. He had an entire saga made about him. Funny thing is that Samtemdo actually wants a Darth Vader movie.

Edit: Oh, he's probably talking about the expanded universe. Nobody gives a shit about the EU. The films certainly don't have to concern themselves with it.
Yes provided its done right. i don't wanna deal with Jokey charcaters like Han Solo, I wanna deal with characters that gets shit done like Darth Vader.
Vader's story has already been told. I'm sick of the movies glorifying him, making him bigger than he was ever meant to be. There are many dark side force users to make movies about. James Earl Jones can't even do the voice properly anymore.
Alright than re-introduce the character of Darth Plagueis, the Emperor's former master:

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Ukomba said:
Casual Shinji said:

Given they're plagiarizing everything else from the EU, the arc will likely be:

Poor, young, cocky, and talented pilot is raised by criminals (possibly with a female wookie as a surrogate mother). Eventually he joins the imperial academy, but is court martial out due to saving a wookie slave that then owes him a life debt. The now a cynical, talented pilot heads to Nar Shaddaa (I think still canon) where he get's in with the hutts as a smuggler. (Maybe work in the betrayal of a love interest for the rebellion, all though they already hybridized Bria into Jyn). On a smuggling run for Jabba (Possible Kessel Run) he has to dump his spice cargo before being boarded by imperials. Someone steals the cargo before he can get back to it and he ends up on Tatooine to explain himself to Jabba, setting up Ep 4.

Character Arc Ideological and cocky kid -> Cinnical and world weary grizzled smuggler
If that's what they do, I'm in. I would watch the hell out of that.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Ezekiel said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What? No he's not.

Vader's story has already been told. I'm sick of the movies glorifying him, making him bigger than he was ever meant to be. There are many dark side force users to make movies about. James Earl Jones can't even do the voice properly anymore.
Alright than re-introduce the character of Darth Plagueis, the Emperor's former master:

Why?
Cuz he's an interesting charcater, heck the whole Darth Bane line of Sith are very interesting charcaters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Sith_Lords