Here's What 10,000 League of Legends Games Look Like in 30 Seconds

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
DugMachine said:
RaikuFA said:
DugMachine said:
RaikuFA said:
So what, I just sit at the base doing nothing? if 3 players each call a lane and the 4th calls the jungle, I'm just stuck at the start doing nothing. That's boring. And then when we lose, guess who the blame goes to? I know it's a team game but you can't blame the bench warmer for being told to be a bench warmer.
The bottom lane is usually two people made of a support type champion and a attack damage carry. You can play ability power mages as supports or even other attack damage carries. The meta is usually a tank top, mage mid, jungle and then the mentioned bottom. So no you don't have to just sit at base. Go to the bottom lane
So if they say "I called bot go away" I can just ignore them?
If it's just one guy at bot then yes ignore him, the meta is almost always 2 people in the bot lane.
Gotcha. If only I could've had this attitude instead of the toxic one.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
RaikuFA said:
It's alright, this game does have awful people and it's hard to not be toxic people but you just have to ignore them. At the higher levels people are usually civil and most people don't take toxic asshole's crap and everyone ignores them. Good luck to you if you try again.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
RaikuFA said:
DugMachine said:
RaikuFA said:
DugMachine said:
RaikuFA said:
So what, I just sit at the base doing nothing? if 3 players each call a lane and the 4th calls the jungle, I'm just stuck at the start doing nothing. That's boring. And then when we lose, guess who the blame goes to? I know it's a team game but you can't blame the bench warmer for being told to be a bench warmer.
The bottom lane is usually two people made of a support type champion and a attack damage carry. You can play ability power mages as supports or even other attack damage carries. The meta is usually a tank top, mage mid, jungle and then the mentioned bottom. So no you don't have to just sit at base. Go to the bottom lane
So if they say "I called bot go away" I can just ignore them?
If it's just one guy at bot then yes ignore him, the meta is almost always 2 people in the bot lane.
Honestly, the problem is that the worst people are at the lower levels. There's a lot of cocky assholes who think they're good for basically no reason. Then there's the people who make "smurf" accounts. They're higher level players who make new accounts just to stomp noobs. It's unfortunate, but once you get over the hurdle that is leveling up to 30, the game gets significantly less toxic (unless you go play ranked and get into bronze).

There are always going to be jerks, but the highest concentration is at the beginning. Think of it as a trial by fire. If you can get through the first bit, you'll be able to handle anything the community can throw at you. I'm assuming you're a fairly low level since you didn't know how the meta works (totally fine, not a criticism -I didn't know how the meta worked until I was level 30).

Anyway, I hope from this thread, you've seen that not every LoL player is a dick (I know not everyone was super polite, but really, you were kind of giving out blanket criticisms that people took mild offence to). If you don't play the game again, I wouldn't blame you because it's definitely not for everyone. However, if you do go back to it, rough it through the grind to 30 and you'll probably start enjoying it a lot more. Best of luck either way.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Strazdas said:
so what this shows us is that the more the math progress the more middle is pushed and sides abandoned.
Yep, the side lanes pretty much become places to farm for some quick gold late game. Most stick to the middle lane so they can win team fights.

This was cool, really interesting to see our gaming habits with League.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
League of Legends is a pretty complex game, with a highly volatile meta-game
Hah ha ha heh. Riiiight.

*goes back to playing to playing LoL's cooler, older brother*

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
DugMachine said:
RaikuFA said:
Until they stop with the death threats, false reporting and all around asshatery, yes. They deserve all the attacks they get. This genre probably has potential, but it's blocked by people thinking that newcomers are ruining the game.
Potential? The game and genre are already one of, if not the most popular genre right now. Just because you opt out doesn't mean the genre, community and everything related is shit. You can just ignore people you know? Literally ignore them so you don't have to see their insults.
itsh ard to ignore people when they are swatting you.

JayDeth said:
*goes back to playing to playing LoL's cooler, older brother*
So i take it you play the original DotA? havent pretty much everyone moved to the new kid on the block that is DotA 2?

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Would love to see a Dota 2 follow up if possible. And Strife, and Smite, and well any of these genres. Sorry I was a fan of looking at Halo 'Kill' maps so I like to see data like this.