Here's Your First Look at Thor - Ragnarok

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Here's Your First Look at Thor - Ragnarok

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1387/1387777.jpg

Thor got a makeover.

Thor: Ragnarok won't be released until November of this year, but that doesn't mean that the marketing can't begin in early March. As such, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/disney].

The pictures give us our first look at Thor (Chris Hemsworth [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/chris+hemsworth]) without the long flowing locks of hair we've seen him have in previous films. He also appears to have ditched his hammer, at least for now, wielding blue swords in its stead.

We're also given our first look at a few new characters: Hela (Tom Hiddleston [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/cate+blanchett]), which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Directed by Taika Waititi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/taika+waititi], Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled to hit theaters on November 3, 2017.

Source (and additional behind-the-scenes photos available on): Entertainment Weekly [http://ew.com/movies/thor-ragnarok-exclusive-first-look-photos/thor-chris-hemsworth]

[gallery=7034]

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Here we see Thor, sporting a new "bro" look, in what appears to be a high school science classroom.

...Can't say I'm feeling it.

At least Hiddleston still looks the part.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Callate said:
Here we see Thor, sporting a new "bro" look, in what appears to be a high school science classroom.

A bro look? He looks like someone forcefully shaved his beautiful locks.

OT: Interesting that they're moving away from the "everything is gold" theme of the last two Thor movies. It looks a little cheap looking right now, but I'm willing to wait and see.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Already know the plot.

Jeff Goldblum invents virus.
Infects Asgard.
Thor forced to ditch hammer and long hair due to unstable technology (and lack of proper conditioner).
Gets close to Goldblum disguising himself as a large pile of dinosaur shit.
Infects him with deadly fly virus.
Goldblum becomes a gigantic fly.
They fall in love.
Prom's coming up.
Thor lied to Goldblum about being in a band.
Goldblum finds out.
They break up.
3-minute romantic montage.
Graduation day.
Thor on stage, receives diploma.
Says he loves Goldblum and can't see his life without him, asks for another chance.
Goldblum comes to the stage.
They kiss.
Crowd cheers.
Roll credits.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
008Zulu said:
Bob_McMillan said:
A bro look? He looks like someone forcefully shaved his beautiful locks.
Fight Club on Planet Sakaar is an excuse to keep your hair short.
I wonder if they actually are going to go down that route, or if it will only have elements of Planet Hulk. They don't seem to have control disks.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Zulnam said:
Already know the plot.

Infects Asgard.
Thor forced to ditch hammer and long hair due to unstable technology (and lack of proper conditioner).
They fall in love.
Prom's coming up.
Goldblum finds out.
They break up.
Graduation day.
Says he loves Goldblum and can't see his life without him, asks for another chance.
They kiss.
Crowd cheers.
Roll credits.
You're exaggerating a bit. Thor would never lie about being in a band. It's too out of character for him.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
I wonder if they actually are going to go down that route, or if it will only have elements of Planet Hulk. They don't seem to have control disks.
Given the nature of it, I'm guessing that the third act's main action sequence will take place there.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Loki still looking as sexy as ever. Say what you want about the devilish fiend, but he is H.O.T.!

Also, Hemsworth looks like a cocky douche. I guess that's what made him perfect for Thor in the first place, right?

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Zulnam said:
Already know the plot.

Infects Asgard.
They fall in love.
Prom's coming up.
Goldblum finds out.
They break up.
Graduation day.
They kiss.
Crowd cheers.
Roll credits.
It's times like these I wish this site had an upvote system.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That shot of Jeff Goldblum is giving me flasbacks to Earth Girls are Easy.

Synigma

Dec 24, 2014
Callate said:

I'm getting a very 'edgy young adult' vibe from those pictures... and nothing about those pictures makes me interested in the movie at all. I'll wait to hear the reviews, it still has the possibility to be relatively fun like the last one.

Jan 27, 2011
Ummm....?

I can see him needing to ditch the hammer, but he REALLY doesn't look like Thor. Like, at all. 0_o

Still probably gonna see it, but my excitement went from an 8 (Thor, DR Strange, Loki and Hulk in one movie? Yeah, I wanna see that!) to a 5. >_>

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
aegix drakan said:
Ummm....?

I can see him needing to ditch the hammer, but he REALLY doesn't look like Thor. Like, at all. 0_o

Still probably gonna see it, but my excitement went from an 8 (Thor, DR Strange, Loki and Hulk in one movie? Yeah, I wanna see that!) to a 5. >_>
The movie is taking many ques from Planet Hulk supposedly so it makes sense Thor would end up looking very different if he's spending a lot of this movie in forced arena combat.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
But but but but he had the hair at the end of Dr Strange are we going to see him getting the locks shorn off in the movie...

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
I rarely shit on something before it comes out because that's the lame thing to do, but a lot of those photos makes me reticence about the movie's quality.

Say what you will about Thor and Dark World but it wasn't afraid to have cheesy comic costumes and this movie seems to scream "We're afraid to do that". It feels very late 90's, early 00's where everything was PvC and latex, and the X-Men were not allowed to wear their coatumes.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Hemsworth looks like an indistinct action dude in that magazine cover. He could be the guy from Clash of the Titans.