Heresy: I like CS:GO on 360 Better Than the PC Version

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
So, after finally getting to play CS:GO on both the PC and 360, I've come to the conclusion that the I find the 360 version to be the superior version. Besides my preference for the controller,I found one thing that made my experience on the 360 much better:

Communication.

While yes, there were the mouthbreathers and slurs one would expect, one thing I did find was people actually communicating talking.

And unlike the PC version, the chatter wasn't dripping with condescension or elitism, which has been my main issue with playing many games on PC. While generally better behaved than their console brethren, I've found the constant and unrelenting air of superiority of PC gamers to be grating to no end. I actually find it worse to deal with than the ignorance and nastiness you find on consoles, because at least then you know that the person doing it really is an idiot.

God forbid you ask a question about something while playing a PC game - they'll eat you alive.

And at least the balance in skill seems to be better on 360, unlike on PC, where I've found almost every single match to be wildly in favor in one team or the other the entire time I played.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
So it has nothing to do with the platform or the game itself you just like the Xbox community... then just say so.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
My experience with the community on the PC version of GO has been much better than it was with Source. I've mostly found pretty friendly people, especially on the community servers. On Source, you could get kicked for not having a kill after the first round and I hear 1.6 is even worse.

Not everybody has played CS their entire life.

The only issue I have with most teamwork-based PC games, like CS, is that hardly anyone has a mic, so it's really hard to co-ordinate yourselves. On CS everyone just seems to run off and do their own thing.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
And Deviate is entering the thread to castrate you in 3... 2... 1...

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
It's either you like the gameplay with console controllers or simply like the Xbox Live community better. Either ways, this is pretty normal for a gamer to adjust their gaming preferences.

But I'll tell you this right now. This is not even considered a statement for me. Sure, it'll annoy some PC gamers, but not everyone.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
So, after finally getting to play CS:GO on both the PC and 360, I've come to the conclusion that the I find the 360 version to be the superior version. Besides my preference for the controller,I found one thing that made my experience on the 360 much better:

Communication.

While yes, there were the mouthbreathers and slurs one would expect, one thing I did find was people actually communicating talking.

And unlike the PC version, the chatter wasn't dripping with condescension or elitism, which has been my main issue with playing many games on PC. While generally better behaved than their console brethren, I've found the constant and unrelenting air of superiority of PC gamers to be grating to no end. I actually find it worse to deal with than the ignorance and nastiness you find on consoles, because at least then you know that the person doing it really is an idiot.

God forbid you ask a question about something while playing a PC game - they'll eat you alive.

And at least the balance in skill seems to be better on 360, unlike on PC, where I've found almost every single match to be wildly in favor in one team or the other the entire time I played.
The Xbox Live community tends to be more mike heavy and a little more casual (in a good way!) than PC.

Nothing wrong with that. (I'll stick to PC because I grew up on it and I don't have a 360) But there is nothing majorly wrong with your statement.

KhaoticOne

Apr 29, 2010
Good for you? Here i was hoping to hear more of the technical side of things from the console version of GO.

Its somewhat iffy to use player-base as a valid reasoning for well anything. For every couple of douches there a decent player out there. Also given the nature of it being a FPS, there will be asshats no matter what, whether or not they target you is another question entirely.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
And Deviate is entering the thread to castrate you in 3... 2... 1...
Still waiting.....

KhaoticOne said:
Good for you? Here i was hoping to hear more of the technical side of things from the console version of GO.

Its somewhat iffy to use player-base as a valid reasoning for well anything. For every couple of douches there a decent player out there. Also given the nature of it being a FPS, there will be asshats no matter what, whether or not they target you is another question entirely.
The game on Xbox runs perfectly well most of the time, with the exception of the party system and the occasional laggy game even though it shouldn't. But apparently Valve and the other dev are already working on a patch.

Walking+aiming on Xbox is much harder though, as is bunny hopping; these things are just harder on the controller.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah it's only a PC fanboy/elitist argument for FPSs to be inherently superior on PC's anymore like RTS's would be.

Since Halo the controls for FPS's on consoles have been perfectly fine. It's only a matter of preference as to which one would could consider better now. And the internet is quite good at turning arguments over preferences into superiority arguments. Just look at console wars.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I like the PS3 version the best because you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to the PS3. Since most people just use controllers, you can literally run circles around the entire enemy team and knife them all to death. It's both hilarious and sad.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Holy shitballs, didn't even realize it had been released.

*throws money at valve*

*logs onto 24/7 office server and kills newbs*

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Paragon Fury said:
as is bunny hopping; these things are just harder on the controller.
I'd say thats a GOOD thing. Lord i hate bunny-hopping. Nothing destroys the immersion like seeing an entire swat unit bouncing around...

I had to take i little break from CS:GO on 360 because everybody has learned to get headshots, i have not ;_; ...yet.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Kopikatsu said:
I like the PS3 version the best because you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to the PS3. Since most people just use controllers, you can literally run circles around the entire enemy team and knife them all to death. It's both hilarious and sad.
or you could shoot them like a regular person would XD

OT: Good for you! If you enjoy the game, then that's fine. Hell, you could enjoy Farmville. Still fine.

Ardure

Nov 23, 2009
Anything to do with the skill level of the two groups? The PC version has all the people from CS and CS:S so CS:GO is pretty brutal... but the xbox does not have the same amount of experienced gamers with the CS series because lets face it CS is not your COD when it comes to how the multi player plays out.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
^^^ I imagine that the skill level would be vastly different. Even if a exclusive console gamer was good at CoD or it's assorted clones, CS is a completely different beast, not to mention the lack of aim assist.

At least everyone can be terrible together. Reminds me of Tim Minchins' peace anthem for palestine.