Higgs Boson Points to End of Whole Universe

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
So once this happens, I bet our reality will dissolve, and all that will be left before the new universe will be some text saying "LEVEL 2".

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So the world IS gonna end.

... A couple billion years from now.

... I have a feeling we'll be living the reality from WALL-E before we get there.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Well, it's a lot more interesting than the idea of the heat death of the universe. I'd rather this happen than everything be boring for an infinite amount of time.

mutantofspring

Feb 18, 2013
DaxStrife said:
The theory of a cyclical universe is pretty fascinating, as long as it also doesn't involve a cycle where Reapers kill all sentient life every 50,000 years. :p
(spoiler alert) Yea that means there's a god child to

mutantofspring

Feb 18, 2013
DaxStrife said:
The theory of a cyclical universe is pretty fascinating, as long as it also doesn't involve a cycle where Reapers kill all sentient life every 50,000 years. :p
(spoiler alert) Yea that means there's a god child to

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from God
Seriously, by this time if the human race was still around I think that we would basically be gods. So we could probably find a way to survive.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Innegativeion said:
rhizhim said:
well, thats shit.

might as well stop searching for a second earth..
Well given *BILLIONS* of years, and provided the development of technology continues to accelerate, is it tends to do, and provided humanity isn't extinct-ified by some outside source...

So if our technology exponentially develops for even a single billion years, I'd estimate us at the "ascended to a higher plane of existence" level. Our technology is already developing super-fast, and a billion years is a FRIKKEN long time. Long enough, I'd say, to colonize new planets as our sun smolders to a cinder, discover some way to hop to alternate universes, or hop to the new universe, or reverse this physical effect, or whatever.
That's assuming Humans will still be around, that far flung into the future. According to Cracked [http://www.cracked.com/article_20216_5-insane-theories-about-why-we-havent-discovered-alien-life_p2.html], we have a 95% chance of going extinct in the next 9000 years. I mean, with all their super awesome fact checking, they have to be right.

/sarcasm.