Hindus Want Smite Out of QuakeCon

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
felbot said:
nope-edy nope nope, nope nope.

you cant just censor people because you're upset, thats ridiculous.
hell this didn't work the first 2 times they tried why would being upset work now?
I completely agree with this. I'm surprised that they even think their request will work.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Frankly, it sounds like Hi-Rez has met the Hindu coalitions more than half-way. It sounds like maybe it's time they showed some tolerance, rather than continuing to try to damage the game's business for failing to completely surrender to the whims of people who, by and large, probably aren't even going to play it.

Drudgelmir

Oct 30, 2009
masticina said:
I can call my pet rat Jehova.. or Shiva.. does that means that the followers of Shiva/Jehova now follow my pet rat?
I laughed.

I disagree with both Hi-rez and the Hindu federation thingy.
Hi-rez should not have backed down in any way by doing that they've given the impression that they /know/ they're doing something wrong.
The Hindu fed... should not have asked. It will not harm them in anyway, as has already been said before in this thread, there is nothing that movies, books, music or paintings can cover that video games are not able to do respectfully also.

We're a relatively new industry and if we are to be taken seriously as art and as people able of social commentary then we need to start standing up for what we believe to be right and respectful.

If anything more people will research gods in order to get an 'edge' in this game and find out a little about the religions, which might just add to their ranks.