History.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Ah, history. So long, isn't it?

Well, through this long time of history, who has been your favorite person?

Oh, and why so? No more posting just a name, I want explanation.

Edit: Myths and legends count too. So, like, up to the Paul Bunyon and whatever else from that time, just nothing past it. And they have to be humans, so, sorry, no Fenrir or Typhon.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Rasputin, Genghis Khan, Harold Godwinson or Hippocrates

EDIT: Oh if you want explanation.

Rasputin was mental. He was a womanizer and yet never washed and he didnt even have money. Gotta love his skills and it took ages to kill him! They poisoned him, stabbed him and shot him then finally put him in a huge sack and pushed him in a freezing river before he finally died.

Genghis Khan raised an entire army out of a bunch of nomads and made a huge Empire. Brilliant fighter and strategist.

Harold Godwinson fought Harold Hardrada at Stamford Bridge in the north before running all the way down to Hastings to make quite a good stand against William the Conqueror. He only ruled for like 5 days but for those five days he did all he could to defend Britain.

Hippocrates made lots of developments in the medical world even though many werent right atleast he turned people away from Supernatural causes and made an oath doctors today still follow. Got to respect him.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Oda Nobunaga, a prime example of the new ways detroying the old ways and how pure cunning can overcome strength.

El Cid, I have no idea why but he fascinates me (Thanks, AoE II).

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Oh My. I can't choose.
Martin Luther King Jr.? Ghandi? Stalin?
Winston Churchill? Abe Lincoln? George Washington?
Mussolini? Rommel?
I can never choose a Favourite. and that isn't a complete list, so don't complain if you're not on it.

Jamis

Sep 4, 2009
Ragnoros. Mainly because he's a dragon, secondly because he's the bones of the world, and finally because he will be the end of all things when he awakens. Give your souls to the Earthdragon so he may place you in the new world.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I have to go with my girlfriend.
Sure, there have been people in the past who have done some wonderful things, but none of them can hug me the same. :-D

On a less serious note, whoever created this site would probably be in second place for me.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Simo Hayha = Win

Badass sniper, bombings couldn't kill him, and neither could a shot to the head

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Jedoro said:
Simo Hayha = Win

Badass sniper, bombings couldn't kill him, and neither could a shot to the head
Torque669 said:
Rasputin, Genghis Khan, Harold Godwinson or Hippocrates

EDIT: Oh if you want explanation.

Rasputin was mental. He was a womanizer and yet never washed and he didnt even have money. Gotta love his skills and it took ages to kill him! They poisoned him, stabbed him and shot him then finally put him in a huge sack and pushed him in a freezing river before he finally died.

Genghis Khan raised an entire army out of a bunch of nomads and made a huge Empire. Brilliant fighter and strategist.

Harold Godwinson fought Harold Hardrada at Stamford Bridge in the north before running all the way down to Hastings to make quite a good stand against William the Conqueror. He only ruled for like 5 days but for those five days he did all he could to defend Britain.

Hippocrates made lots of developments in the medical world even though many werent right atleast he turned people away from Supernatural causes and made an oath doctors today still follow. Got to respect him.
These guys, and me!

Ras, Genghis, Hippocrates and Simo for the reasons explaines above, and me because seriously, I am fucking awesome!

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Hitman 43 said:
Batman.

...Oh wait, he's fictional isn't he?
Batman's real! Real dammit!

OT: Ummm...
King Henry VIII
I love reading about him. That entire period is so interesting to me.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Novskij said:
Well in history im studying Wars of the Roses atm, (LOL HOW INTRESTING*SARCASM*) but this dude called Sommerset is my hero after he smashed brains out using a mace or a poleaxe on a dude called wenlock, it was so random it made me lol.
Interesting Munch Fact: I portrayed Sommerset in my Year 7 play 'The War of the Roses'. My army was comprised of two men. Well, women.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Hitman 43 said:
Where's the proof?
A bunch of fans, comics, and movies.

But I'm not denying some of those movies should be burned. As should the writers.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
Vlad Tepes

sure he was a pretty extreme crazy ruler but he never invaded another country just defended his own that's why i respect him so much.
I got a word in my head.

One clue: To the left, to the left, to the left.

Guess it.