History.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
poncho14 said:
If it wasn't of him who would of came by the idea of democracy??
*Coughity-cough-U.S.-coughity cough*

Or did the founding father's ideas come from Ancient Roman political ideas?

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Me.

I take that back. How very retarded of me.

I guess Rasputin comes pretty high, mostly because he's such an interesting person.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
I have seen the Death Note films i really liked them, i really like the gorey violent stuff with daemons and shit like that stuff connected to the occult you know fucked up shit.
Check.
Out.
Bleach.

And I haven't seen the films, so I can't help you there.

To find some good stuff, hit Animefreak.tv and Piggymoo.com.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Rev Erebus said:
Actually now that i have your attention could you point me towards some good anime i am a complete noob when it comes to it. I used to watch it in like 1994-1998 haven't really watch much since.
Bleach, Death Note, One Piece, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop. I don't know any of the times for these, so you may have seen them. Those are ones I know to be great, but I've heard Code Geass and Fullmetal Alchemist are great.
Code Geass is great. Full Metal Alchemist is pretty good too.
Other than One Piece, Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop those are all on [adult swim] saturday nights. Cowboy Bebop used to be on, but they took it off about a month ago.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
lwm3398 said:
poncho14 said:
If it wasn't of him who would of came by the idea of democracy??
*Coughity-cough-U.S.-coughity cough*

Or did the founding father's ideas come from Ancient Roman political ideas?
I'm not sure but the Greeks gave the first idea of Democracy even though it wasn't perfect, i'm guessing that it sort of carried through to the whole of europe and the founding fathers somewhat made it 99% better.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
stonethered said:
Cowboy Bebop used to be on, but they took it off about a month ago.
Bullshit! How dare they! Cowboy Bebop is one of the best Animes probably ever...

Oh, wait, Princess Mononoke.

The Grim Sqeaker

Sep 30, 2009
I had to register to write this but it is so worth it!
Kerensky and General Kornilov!
Check them out seriously, best ironic bits of history EVER

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It's tough not to choose Roosevelt. He was among the US's greatest presidents for several reasons and helped make not only his country, but much of the world a better place. There should be more people in the world as great as him.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Oscar Schindler. What a kickass dude for someone who was a profiteer.

He saved over 1000 people from certain death by making using them as slave labour. Every time I see the ending to Spielburg's movie it gets, where he curls up and says "I could have saved more, and I didn't! I didn't!"

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Torque669 said:
Rasputin, Genghis Khan, Harold Godwinson or Hippocrates

EDIT: Oh if you want explanation.

Rasputin was mental. He was a womanizer and yet never washed and he didnt even have money. Gotta love his skills and it took ages to kill him! They poisoned him, stabbed him and shot him then finally put him in a huge sack and pushed him in a freezing river before he finally died.
Don't forget they castrated him too.

NordicWarrior

Aug 30, 2009
Abraham Lincoln.

As Frederick Douglass observed, Lincoln was, "The first great man that I talked with in the United States freely who in no single instance reminded me of the difference between himself and myself, of the difference of color."

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Mythical: Odin

Real: George Patton, or maybe Hitler

(Before you bash me with a hammer made of fire and teabag my body with balls of flame, hitler is insane. And studying insane people is always interesting. To me, at least.)