Hitman: Substitution

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
Don't criticise absolution disguise mechanism! The new fan boys will get you!

Seriously though, even when your not in disguise that same gradual on screen arrow that gets bigger is used. Just ever so slightly faster.
So the same detection system is used, disguise or not. That's just lazy

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
"Constant Vigilance."

Oh, Mad-Eye, you will always be missed.

I have to agree with the point here though. I haven't played Absolution yet, but the NPCs are always so... gullible.
It's actually the other way round.

They are to gullible when you wear a disguise other than their own. But when a cop sees you with a cop uniform. INSTANT DETECTION!

Long as you are the only chef nobody will ever notice you.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
What got me was that the leader of security in that mansion didn't recognize me in the guard outfit, but all of hit underlings did. He's the leader, he should know his crew. If anything he's the one I HAVE to avoid. Everyone else might just assume I'm new. HE would know.

Aug 1, 2010
I must confess.

I had to read the comic 4 times, leave, come back and read it again after reading the text at the bottom before I noticed the cook.

I think I may have a bright career as a Hitman guard ahead of me!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Rednog said:
I don't get this complaint from critics, in any work environment you're going to have a good idea of everyone who has the same job as you. For example I work in a hospital lab, if I saw a guy walking around wearing a lab coat and I didn't know him I'd be suspicious, if I saw a guy dressed as a delivery man or a doctor I probably wouldn't give it another thought.
Yeah, but if there's only one doctor in entire hospital, wouldn't you likely know who that person is?

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Going to be the Funpire here:

If you walk past the head-guard he gets all pissy because someone was supposed to tell him about new employees and he assumes you're the chef's new assistant, he even tells you to go get a security check after your shift is over which I found quite amusing.

I do quite like the new system, I think it has it's flaws but I prefer it over blood money, I kinda wish they had crafted each level a bit more intimately though as sometimes it doesn't really make sense, for instance on the orphanage level when you wear a full mask.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
mysecondlife said:
Rednog said:
I don't get this complaint from critics, in any work environment you're going to have a good idea of everyone who has the same job as you. For example I work in a hospital lab, if I saw a guy walking around wearing a lab coat and I didn't know him I'd be suspicious, if I saw a guy dressed as a delivery man or a doctor I probably wouldn't give it another thought.
Yeah, but if there's only one doctor in entire hospital, wouldn't you likely know who that person is?
Don't get me wrong I understand that in the context of the comic, sure there is only one chef. However, the base game mechanic is one of "if you dress up as X profession, the enemies of X profession will be more suspicious of you than if you dressed up as Y profession."

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I get that the devs would have people of the same uniform recognize you as an imposter, but from playing the game there are some inconsistencies. Even when the person who's clothes you've stolen include a mask they recognize you as an imposter. How can I show you my face from behind a mask, furthermore, how do you know I'm not the person you think I am since EVERYONE WAS WEARING A MASK!?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
The new disguise system works well when used right. For example: If the mission area has many guards and technicians, dressing up as a guard will allow you to move freely among technicians and vice versa. To make things easy, just take the disguise that requires less sneaking. It's usually better to use a non-guard/police disguise.