Holy Crap! That Was Close!

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
I was shot in the head by a BB gun. Nicked my skull less than an inch from my temple. Still hurt like hell. And the assholes who did it were never charged because they were 14.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
I once fell off a 50 foot cliff i only went like 15 feet before i landed on the tiniest freaking ledge ever and inch to either side or a little faster i would have missed it then i had to climb those 15 feet myself that was terrifying

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
I fell of a trampoline and landed on a sharp rock cutting a 2 1/2 inch gash in the back of my head. If it were 2 inches lower the rock would have cut and/or broke my neck.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm apparently doing something wrong...I don't remember ever having a near-death experience. Maybe mine was just so much more traumatic or unlucky than any of you guys' and amnesia/denial has blocked out that incident.

Yeah, I'll go with that...

Well, there were a couple of times.

My friends and I used to love going out into the local forest and try deliberately to get lost and find our way back, trekking through treacherous mountains (big rocks), thundering rivers (streams). It was mostly fun until, during the winter, a snowstorm hit. Cold and really lost, we winded up on the wrong exit out of the woods (granted, it was still suburbs). We trudged through a fucked-up blizzard and me and my best friend fainted a couple of time.

Another time, during the winter, we were sledding down one of the local hills when our sled flipped over a bump and sent us flying through the air and lying in the snow at the bottom of the hill. Just I was about to get up, an inflatable carrying at least three people ran over me, effectively flattening me into the ground.

Neither of these were really life-threatening (especially the second one), but they're as close as I can be.

The Poet

Jan 2, 2008
Once lost control at the top of a mountain skiing when I was younger (8-10). I went over the edge onto a really steep area and froze with fear which crouching. Ahead of me was trees and if I dodged those I would just go off a ledge and off a cliff onto rocks below. So there I was out of control and gaining speed as I went soaring to what could have been a crushed skull. I see a woman jump out of my way infront of me and a man further down. The man quickly sped down and right into my path. He braced himself and I hit him full speed. BOOM! Yard sale, skies and poles everywhere. My ski instructer came up to me and saw me looking kind of dazed. She knew I was fine and just started laughing and saying how she wished she got it on video. I laugh as well and get up and collected my skies and poles as well as the other man's. I thanked him and he said he just knew he had to stop me and we skied off away from one another. Ski patrol caught up to us further down the hill and I yelled I was fine as I skied by them. Funny to think that a man I never knew saved my life and all I could do was say thanks :p

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
When i was 6, my older sister tripped me on a concrete patio, i should have had brain dmg, but i only have a skull fracture (My head hit a concrete step, the only step on our property). Then the older of my two younger brothers jumped on my neck when i was lying on a couch when i was 12, he almost broke my spine, and i couldn't hold my head straight for 2 months because the muscles in my neck were so swollen on one side.

After those events, all i could think was "Pope Poop"

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
I managed to step on a soccerball with both feet, lost my balance, did a 180 degree spin in the air and came down on my collar bone. Google it if you want to know how close to a broken neck that is.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
I got into this situation where I could of been killed, but I survived.

(if you don't get the joke I can't help you.)

Shivari

Jun 17, 2008
I once fell down the stairs when I was four years old.

Yeah, I live life on the edge.

Railgun88

Dec 27, 2008
when i was seven i was riding my bike down a hill, brakes broke and i missed a jeep wrangler and jeep liberty. I got across the road onto the street and caught my left handle bar on a picket fence. front flipped over the handle bars onto my head. was rushed to the hospital with just a bruise. =}

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Shivari said:
I once fell down the stairs when I was four years old.

Yeah, I live life on the edge.
Meh I did that a couple times. It was fun. I got hypo once. Don't ask.

(And it's not Christmas anymore, Shivari)

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I hydroplaned my car twice and didn't hit or break anything on my car. I am not sure if I am skilled or just lucky but its probably the latter.

Shivari

Jun 17, 2008
berethond said:
I'm planning to keep this up all year, and then take it off the day after Thanksgiving, just to spite everyone.

(I'm actually getting around to getting a new avatar.)

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Shivari said:
berethond said:
I'm planning to keep this up all year, and then take it off the day after Thanksgiving, just to spite everyone.

(I'm actually getting around to getting a new avatar.)
Okay. Just making sure you knew. And I had to make sure you didn't end up like those people who live their Christmas lights up till July.