Holy Escapist Quiz, Batman!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It took me 3 guesses to find out what Ra's al Goul meant. I really don't know my arabic...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
AvsJoe said:
It took me 3 guesses to find out what Ra's al Goul meant. I really don't know my arabic...
Hehe. I knew this question, because I was once bored and started skipping through Batman villains on Wikipedia xd

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
AvsJoe said:
Don't feel too bad - that's probably the hardest question in the entire quiz.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I am so embarrassed that I got all those questions right...

I mean come on, that's just not something you should include in a quiz...

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
A marvel and spidey fan and I got 90%. The question I did not get was something I really did not know. Thanks to anyone who did this! My favorite villain? Well, I am all for Scarecrow. J. Crane is one certified whacko. Literally.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Abedeus said:
AvsJoe said:
Hehe. I knew this question, because I was once bored and started skipping through Batman villains on Wikipedia xd
I'm not a hardcore Batman fan, though. I've seen every movie, but I only saw Begins once and that was back when it was playing in theaters.
Susan Arendt said:
AvsJoe said:
That question sure was. Fantastic quiz.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Abedeus said:
AvsJoe said:
I'm not a hardcore Batman fan, though. I've seen every movie, but I only saw Begins once and that was back when it was playing in theaters.
I watched the animated series and didn't know Ra's al Goul was arabic. I thought it was made up.
Susan Arendt said:
AvsJoe said:
That question sure was. Fantastic quiz.
The one that hung me up was "Who created Batman?" Seriously, how has...that one person...not been in a Batman movie? S/he's one of my favorite villains, third only to The Scarecrow and The Riddler.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
SWEEEET! I guessed 6 of the answers and got 100% :-D
Am currently in 13th place, having completed in 1:22...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Great JT said:
The one that hung me up was "Who created Batman?" Seriously, how has...that one person...not been in a Batman movie? S/he's one of my favorite villains, third only to The Scarecrow and The Riddler.
Ya got me. Amazing character, and tailor made for movies, you would think.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
The Great JT said:
Seriously, how has...that one person...not been in a Batman movie? S/he's one of my favorite villains, third only to The Scarecrow and The Riddler.
Don't worry ...that person... will probably make it into a movie if s/he was a good character (I wouldn't know, I've only read 2 Batman comics in my life). Mr. Nolan and his screenwriters know what they are doing when it comes to the caped crusader's movies (like finally putting Catwoman into the series. Last I heard Kate Beckinsdale was in talks for that incredibly coveted role).

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mar 16, 2009
Fffff...with all of my Batman knowledge, it took me two tries to get 100%...and all because I'm not good with any language besides English...and sometimes I aren't get even that right.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
The Great JT said:
Ya got me. Amazing character, and tailor made for movies, you would think.
I blame "Days of Our Lives." Awesome character though, and I really don't see an appearance in the new movies without some serious canon-bending.

It may have something to do with the thick New Jersey accent of Arleen Sorkin (voice actor from the animated series). Harley was essentially written into the canon from that point on.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Na na na na na na na na BATMAN! I'm going to have to my favourite villain is Bane because he broke the bat-*****'s back. ha ha illiteration ftw!

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
I'm surprised you didn't go for a cheap trick question like "what is Batman's secret identity?"

In response to some of answers.

I don't know if the translation is very accurate. It's what the author meant but just look at Nightcrawler's attempt at German.

movie villain question
Bane was far removed from his comic counter part so I don't know if that counts.

creator question
Bob Kane ended up admitting some of Bill Finger's contributions later even if it never became official. The first issue was full of plagiarism, swipes and tracings though