Holy hell. Photoshop is about to become even more amazing.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
too good to be true.
I mean, this wold make it so even idiots like me could properly edit photo's.

TailsRodrigez

Nov 13, 2009
i wonder what the photos showing Obama shaking hands with terrorists will look like during the 2012 election

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
The notion of *this* being the point that photos becoming untrustworthy is a laugh, but hey it's a damn exciting technology, so clever!

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
That looks really useful, i just hope that they don't make photoshop to easy, because what am I going to go to school for.
s69-5 said:
Nah, as I've learned from dealing with clients, understanding photo manipulation and understanding proper design fundamentals are worlds apart.

Sure you might be able to fix your photo, but do you know how to balance the image, colour coordinate, use fonts properly, etc, etc, etc... From what I've seen, the answer is usually no.

Though many believe themselves to be "good" amateur designers, their work is most often very... amateurish (and that's putting it nicely).
oh yeah that.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
The more I think about it, the more I want to see actually physical objects done and not just landscapes. Would be interesting to see how it would auto fill stuff like that.

I'm leaning towards that this will be a great tool for minor touch ups and not some miracle working filter. Notice that they didn't do any photos of tons of trees or other objects.

Regardless, it still will be incredible when it comes out.

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
Holy Crap, that would be useful. (i'm a graphic designer too.)
I didn't find the changes in CS4 to actually warrent me upgrading, but just from the looks of CS5 photoshop, i'll be upgrading to that. great post

SoxFan96

Mar 16, 2010
*Jaw drops*

Ummm... ummm... ummm.

WOW!

That is some pretty amazing stuff there. The desert example and the final one was incredible.

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
s69-5 said:
Standby said:
If this is true surely a lot of graphic designers are going to lose out on business?
Nah, as I've learned from dealing with clients, understanding photo manipulation and understanding proper design fundamentals are worlds apart.

Sure you might be able to fix your photo, but do you know how to balance the image, colour coordinate, use fonts properly, etc, etc, etc... From what I've seen, the answer is usually no.

Though many believe themselves to be "good" amateur designers, their work is most often very... amateurish (and that's putting it nicely).
QFT. Show Joe Average this tool, and he can delete junk all day. Tell Joe Average to get the pic ready for production, then design an ad around it... and I forsee Papyrus and poor color correction, poor layout and image balance, and widows and/or orphans.

Anytime Adobe can shave off potentially hours off of a project, I'm happy.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Really old news but i see they've improved it a lot, looks as awesome as always :D

Harshael

Mar 8, 2010
Yeah. Really impressive. Except that this same functionality has been available as a GIMP plug-in, completely free, for years.

http://o3.tumblr.com/post/470608946/photoshops-caf-content-aware-fill-unbelievable

Yeah, the GIMP's totally inferior to Photoshop.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
They forgot to add that they are running this on a NASA Computersystem. A normal PC would probably take around 6 months to load one of those fills.

Neeeeh I kid. This is the most awesome thing I ever saw in my life. Atleast in the last couple of weeks.
Can't wait to try it out!

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Ok I wasnt too impressed...untill i saw the last example with the panorama photos, omfg that is an INCREDIBLE prediction algorythmn. I was expecting just a vague replica or the imagine lines but it modified it almost perfectly. HOLY HELL!

Unfortunately for adobe this, as with every other photoshop version, will be cracked and pirated within a month, a week if people are eager.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Wow, that is incredible and the most amazing tool I've seen in Photoshop so far. Can't wait for this release.