Holy shit, Skyrim...

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
renegade7 said:
Holy shit, TES has been going downhill since Morrowind!
Holy shit, TES has been going downhill since Daggerfall!

/hipster among hipsters

OT: Holy shit, there are too many dragons in this game. I honestly didn't believe dragon-slaying could feel so menial and repetitive, but I guess anything seems old after the thousandth time.

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
Anthraxus said:
HOLY SHIT. The creation kit is out !

Holy Shit... New Vegas?

What does an in-game shot of Fallout: New Vegas have to do with Skyrim's creation kit?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
WanderingFool said:
Anthraxus said:

Oh God... I think what may be worst (for me) is that im going to be surfing through the mods on Nexus, and find something like that and go, "OHHH, I like that..."

Same thing happen in Oblivion with the sexy female version of Knights of the Nine Crusader armor...
Yeah, I was browsing for mods to update my game with yesterday... I now have CBBE (caliente body mod - adds a little curvature to the ladies) and the "catwalk" walking animation... and a CBBE specific HD body texture... and some hair mod (realistic)... I haven't done any "sexy outfits" yet though. Except the Nocturnal robe for Ysolda (wife). Mmm side boob. Although to be honest, I did browse the sexy clothing mods and most of them were pretty shitty... except the daedric armor one. Wowzers.

The sad part of that is that I know it's stupid. I'm not going to, you know, jerk it to the game. Why do I need sexiness? I don't know.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
WanderingFool said:
Anthraxus said:

Oh God... I think what may be worst (for me) is that im going to be surfing through the mods on Nexus, and find something like that and go, "OHHH, I like that..."

Same thing happen in Oblivion with the sexy female version of Knights of the Nine Crusader armor...
I do have to wonder if they called that mod "The Impending Rape Victim Pack", though. Because, y'know, this is a crapsack post-apocalyptic world full of assholes (if that is indeed a Fallout game as I think it is), and as such they are going to get raped.

Vigormortis said:
Now see...you say that, but I rarely see that hold true. Look at the hate on games like Call of Duty, Half-Life, anything by Nintendo, Halo, etc, etc. There's still a lot of hate being laid on those games and their fans.

I mean, for God's sake, in Half-Life 2's case it's been over eight years. Yet the vitriol STILL flows like water over Niagara.

Also, on a side note, are you from the future? Because, you see, after typing my first post up and then clicking the 'post' button, as soon as the threads page reloaded (which took all of one second) I had a message alert. That alert was from you quoting me. So...

(can I borrow your time machine?)
Actually, the Halo hate has almost completely died - now, threads about it attract a lot of fans and praise is almost unanimous. I like the change.

Call of Duty keeps getting hated on, because every year, a new one is released to resuscitate the hatred. The Half-Life 2 thing is an incessantly annoying anti-bandwagon thing I am embarrassed to admit I was a part of a while ago - the utter, undying adoration for Half-Life was displayed so much that people tried it, and were disappointed and angry. Now it's picked up momentum, and people are becoming just as blind to the game's strengths as they used to be to its flaws.

I still think the Skyrim hate will probably die down soon, if only because the very Skyrim threads themselves will die down soon (though I doubt it'll ever completely disappear, because there will always be some bitter people).

And as for the blue time machine I found lying around a few weeks ago... Sorry, some douchebag in a suit and bow tie stole it just after I'd finished with it.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:
Now see...you say that, but I rarely see that hold true. Look at the hate on games like Call of Duty, Half-Life, anything by Nintendo, Halo, etc, etc. There's still a lot of hate being laid on those games and their fans.

I mean, for God's sake, in Half-Life 2's case it's been over eight years. Yet the vitriol STILL flows like water over Niagara.

Also, on a side note, are you from the future? Because, you see, after typing my first post up and then clicking the 'post' button, as soon as the threads page reloaded (which took all of one second) I had a message alert. That alert was from you quoting me. So...

(can I borrow your time machine?)
Actually, the Halo hate has almost completely died - now, threads about it attract a lot of fans and praise is almost unanimous. I like the change.

Call of Duty keeps getting hated on, because every year, a new one is released to resuscitate the hatred. The Half-Life 2 thing is an incessantly annoying anti-bandwagon thing I am embarrassed to admit I was a part of a while ago - the utter, undying adoration for Half-Life was displayed so much that people tried it, and were disappointed and angry. Now it's picked up momentum, and people are becoming just as blind to the game's strengths as they used to be to its flaws.

I still think the Skyrim hate will probably die down soon, if only because the very Skyrim threads themselves will die down soon (though I doubt it'll ever completely disappear, because there will always be some bitter people).

And as for the blue time machine I found lying around a few weeks ago... Sorry, some douchebag in a suit and bow tie stole it just after I'd finished with it.
Fair enough. You do have a point.

I guess I'm just incredibly sick of the angry, hate threads and pointless, shallow threads just gumming up the forum with their sheer numbers. They probably outweigh decent, legitimate threads ten to one. Hell, twenty to one.

On a side note, what's with the Escapist servers lately? Seems like the site is down more often then it's up anymore. More often then not it takes several retries to get a page to load. Especially on the forums.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Holy shit, Skyrim sure does attract a ton of obnoxious and opinionated haters.

Skin said:
Holy shit, Skyrim is a bad game targeted at the CoD generation.
AND CoD haters.

Seriously, get over yourselves guys.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Holy Shit, the Bethesda Official High Res pack crashes my game, while the fan made one doesn't and somehow looks even better!

Johnny Reb

Sep 12, 2010
wow, i haven't heard a single positive comment yet. if you don't have anything nice to say, in a thread that was obviously made for positive/funny comments, then don't say anything at all.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Holy shit, now that the modding kit's been out for a little while, I can finally get around to buying and playing Skyrim! But no one seems to care about it anymore :/

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Holy shit, it seems like people have forgotten what shit games were like! Sure, 50% of games are buggy to the max, but play a Disney or movie tie-in and remember what it's like when a developer is just milking the consumer.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Anthraxus said:
[Holy Shit, it just shows the type of crap that can be created. Obviously it's not Skyrim ! Herp. Is it that hard to understand ? HOLY SHIT !!!
That might not be, but this is:

There's worse, too. I almost posted the darkstar cloth mod, but I realized you could see her vag.

EDIT: I think I quoted the wrong person... Anthraxus obviously you know it's not... *face palm*

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Holy shit! I actually like this game!

Based on the contents of this thread, that makes me against the mainstream.
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I am the hippest of the hip!

U jelly hatefags?

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:
Holy shit, Skyrim, either every one of your many rabid fans is too busy playing the game to post something or many of those fans have fallen off of the "Skyrim is amazing" bandwagon.

I mean, seriously, there's a LOT of hate up in here. I wasn't a fan of the game, but this is almost brutal.
See, the Escapist is just a depressing site where every game must pass through a neverending trial-by-fire before it gains acceptance in the large and vocal Hipster community. The hatred will die down soon.
So your argument is that only hipsters don't like Skyrim?