Holy shit, Skyrim...

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
Holy shit, they already made fifty crappy mods that make everyone 80% or more naked?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Holy shit I haven't played Skyrim in over 2 weeks. And I'm fine with that.
I actually love the game.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Holy Shit! Skyrim is not very fun...way to leave the average player completely in the dark about how the hell this clusterfuck of a skill tree is supposed to work out.

And...

Holy Shit Skyrim...why did I pay for you again? Go back to collecting dust...

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Somonah said:
Holy shit, hipsters gotta be hip

WeAreStevo said:
Holy Shit! Skyrim is not very fun...way to leave the average player completely in the dark about how the hell this clusterfuck of a skill tree is supposed to work out.
Really? you had trouble with the simplest, easiest to understand skill tree in existence? How hard is it to understand? You level, you pick health, magicka (mana) or stamina. Then you put 1 point in a skill you want. HOW IS THAT A CLUSTERFUCK? Posting on a forum is harder to understand than Skyrim's skill tree.
Personally, I just think it's a stupid skill system. Not really hard to see that.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Jitters Caffeine said:
Somonah said:

WeAreStevo said:
Really? you had trouble with the simplest, easiest to understand skill tree in existence? How hard is it to understand? You level, you pick health, magicka (mana) or stamina. Then you put 1 point in a skill you want. HOW IS THAT A CLUSTERFUCK? Posting on a forum is harder to understand than Skyrim's skill tree.
Personally, I just think it's a stupid skill system. Not really hard to see that.
Alright, not difficult, but stupid, yes.

I don't understand the reason why it's just very convoluted and obtuse in how the skills level (So I get hit with an arrow, and my armor goes up...sooooo if I want to level armor just run around and get hit?), what to put into which skills to build what type of character etc. I just feel like it's stupid.

Then again, I've never really liked any TES skill trees...subjective opinion I suppose.

As for posting in a forum being easier, at least when I pick which forum and topic it's self explanatory. I don't click on "Games forum" to see a greyed out "40/25 0/4 - You don't have enough post mastery to select this" with little explanation as to what it means. Sure after a while I'd figure it out, but for now I'm left confused...

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
WeAreStevo said:
I don't understand the reason why it's just very convoluted and obtuse in how the skills level (So I get hit with an arrow, and my armor goes up...sooooo if I want to level armor just run around and get hit?), what to put into which skills to build what type of character etc. I just feel like it's stupid.

Then again, I've never really liked any TES skill trees...subjective opinion I suppose.
But, you did just explain it.

If you want to level your armour, you get hit in the armour. You want to level your skill at hitting things with a 1 handed weapon? Hit something with a one handed weapon. Leveling sneak? Sneak around more. Archery? Shoot stuff. Etc.

I will admit, some of them arent immediatly apparent, speech skill is leveled by selling stuff to merchants, but all of the speech talents are based around selling/buying stuff, so it's not hard to figure out.

I would argue that it is pretty simple, the idea is whatever your character does the most, you will get better at, rather then getting better at what your class says you should get better at, even if you don't do it.

Personally, I have enjoyed Skyrim, it has faults, but I have fun with it.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
WeAreStevo said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Somonah said:

WeAreStevo said:
Alright, not difficult, but stupid, yes.

As for posting in a forum being easier, at least when I pick which forum and topic it's self explanatory. I don't click on "Games forum" to see a greyed out "40/25 0/4 - You don't have enough post mastery to select this" with little explanation as to what it means. Sure after a while I'd figure it out, but for now I'm left confused...
Oh believe me, I'm not berating you, it's skill system is the same reason people hated Final Fantasy 2, and EVERYONE says it was horseshit, and TES gets a pass? I think not, at least not while I have an opinion on the matter.

I hate the system because it promotes grinding, therefore artificially lengthening gameplay a la MMOs. I LOVE the Fallout system of skills. I don't have to spend hours hacking computers to up my Science skill, just level up and BAM I can put all the points I want into it. In TES, I've got to spend hours making fucking Iron Daggers just so I can get what I want.

Also, the dragons they so diligently boasted about having? More like a random 15 wasted minutes of watching that scaly fuck fly around because I had the audacity to stat a melee character, which the game was very kind in showing me was the WRONG choice. If you didn't make a Stealth Archer, well fuck you AND the horse you rode in on. You aren't allowed to have fun because you don't appreciate the game enough.

I will always prefer the Fallout games to TES games. To me, Fallout has better lore, a better story, better atmosphere, better setting, better skill system, and most importantly, ACTUAL FUCKING CHARACTERS. Not to mention exploration that doesn't make me wish for a fucking in flight movie and a stewardess with the goddamn drink cart to come by.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:
Holy shit, Skyrim, either every one of your many rabid fans is too busy playing the game to post something or many of those fans have fallen off of the "Skyrim is amazing" bandwagon.

I mean, seriously, there's a LOT of hate up in here. I wasn't a fan of the game, but this is almost brutal.
See, the Escapist is just a depressing site where every game must pass through a neverending trial-by-fire before it gains acceptance in the large and vocal Hipster community. The hatred will die down soon.
So your argument is that only hipsters don't like Skyrim?
No, my argument is that only hipsters dislike Skyrim and feel the need to make it known to the rest of the world in a thread meant for its fans.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:
Holy shit, Skyrim, either every one of your many rabid fans is too busy playing the game to post something or many of those fans have fallen off of the "Skyrim is amazing" bandwagon.

I mean, seriously, there's a LOT of hate up in here. I wasn't a fan of the game, but this is almost brutal.
See, the Escapist is just a depressing site where every game must pass through a neverending trial-by-fire before it gains acceptance in the large and vocal Hipster community. The hatred will die down soon.
No, my argument is that only hipsters dislike Skyrim and feel the need to make it known to the rest of the world in a thread meant for its fans.
I'm feeling TONS of hatred for the series lately. A buddy and me are in an ongoing argument over whether TES or Fallout is the better series.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:

I'm feeling TONS of hatred for the series lately. A buddy and me are in an ongoing argument over whether TES or Fallout is the better series.
Well then, more power to you. Never played Fallout personally - would you recommend it for fans of Skyrim?

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
OhJohnNo said:
Vigormortis said:

Well then, more power to you. Never played Fallout personally - would you recommend it for fans of Skyrim?
If Skyrim fans want a world with actual characters and exploration that's more than just a coniferous forest with a couple caves, I would definnately recommend it

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy shit, I actually like the game.

Holy shit, I guess I'm not cool anymore, right?
Holy shit, I think you're cool, Clarion!

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Never played Fallout personally - would you recommend it for fans of Skyrim?
Go with New Vegas - best western RPG of recent times, in terms of player choice affecting game narration.

Also, weapon mods!

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Never played Fallout personally - would you recommend it for fans of Skyrim?
Go with New Vegas - best western RPG of recent times, in terms of player choice affecting game narration.

Also, weapon mods!
Hell, I'd go as far to say Fallout 1 or 2 would be a better play than Skyrim. But Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Bar fucking none

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Lumber Barber said:
Holy shit, Butch stole your sweetroll and the guards from a different universe somehow know it!
Holy shit! I just realised why I've had that nagging feeling that the sweetroll comments from the guards should have meant something to me!