Holy shit, Skyrim...

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Holy shit, Skyrim needs to make an expansion for glitch mountain climbers.

Holy shit, Skyrim is loading. And loading. and load -

Holy shit, Skyrim is a solid game that I enjoyed and would revisit.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Holy shit, that's a lot of "Holy Shit" comments!
Holy shit, I haven't seen so much raw hatred in a long while!
Holy shit, I still like Skyrim!

Holy shit, the haters are being freaking vocal about something as trivial as yet another WRPG!

And for the positive ones...

Holy shit, Skyrim's character creation is leagues ahead of Fallout 3's! It's not much more detailed, but I'm having a pretty hard time designing an Innsmouth resident, which is a good sign!

Holy shit, shield bashes! Time it right and it means you can unleash a nonstop torrent of aggression, even when you're blocking!

Holy shit, skill leveling been improved! I can actually get good at Archery at a decent rate, now!

Holy shit, there's salmons in that stream! Salmons! There's also ants on that tree husk! Ants!

Holy shit, they kept Wes Johnson around to voice Lucien Lachance and Sheogorath! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!

And now, the ones relating to bugs and memes...

Holy shit, I really gotta learn not to use Whirlwind Sprint at full force from the top of the Throat of the World!

Holy shit, horses do not take shit in this game! Either that or they all have a death wish.

Holy shit, they sure don't give a fuck about gravity, either. Neither do those mammoths, apparently.

Holy shit, what's with every guard ever having ended up with an arrow in the knee?! It's like the "Nuclear Winter" comment from New Vegas!

Holy shit, this is awesome: lure an Ice Troll onto a slope, shout at it using Frost Form, and watch the glitchiness unfold. Hilarious.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Holy shit Skyrim, why is everybody who hates you automatically a hipster according to the fanboys even though you were just a massive disappointment to me.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ugh, guys...I'm not even the biggest Skyrim fan, but The Escapist is really starting to look like a house of trolls here.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Holy shit, could we please all grow the fuck up? Disliking Skyrim does not mean you're a hipster, and like Skyrim does not make you a loser/idiot/whatever. God forbid that someone who dislikes the game actually state their opinion, because that clearly makes them attention-seeking hipsters right? And God forbid that people actually enjoy that poorly written hiking simulator. Different opinions people, deal with it.

Personal opinion is that the game is good, not great, does some things rather well but also does some things rather poorly.

Sep 13, 2009
Holy shit

Okay, so I am not a massive fan of Skyrim, I do like some things about it but in my opinion it does not deserve anywhere near the attention it has gotten. To all people saying that people are just hating Skyrim because of it's popularity, actually look at some of the posts on the first page. I would agree with a lot of those opinions, namely:

Drab uninteresting characters (honestly, was there ANY character in the game who was even somewhat memorable?)
Drab uninteresting storyline
Mediocre to subpar combat
Empty feeling world
Your actions feel like they have no impact (Honestly, how hard would it be to make it so that the members of the Thieves guild would actually refer to you as guildmaster or treat you somewhat differently once you attain that rank, or at least stop treating you like a new member)

The reason people will "hate" the game is because there's so much blind praise from people who'll act like the game is flawless. It's refreshing to hear something about the game besides "Yay, Skyrim!".

Now that's out of the way... holy shit, the map that came with the came was so nice that for the first week I turned off the compass, didn't use the in game map and found my way around solely by using the rivers and mountains as landmarks.

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
Jitters Caffeine said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Never played Fallout personally - would you recommend it for fans of Skyrim?
Go with New Vegas - best western RPG of recent times, in terms of player choice affecting game narration.

Also, weapon mods!
Hell, I'd go as far to say Fallout 1 or 2 would be a better play than Skyrim. But Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Bar fucking none
Well, to be fair, Fallout 1 and 2 are a better play then the vast majority of modern games.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Akalabeth said:
CulixCupric said:
I put sith lightning and morgul blades in it, i kill everything at 1st level. I know the lore, so I have the right to break it by including starwars and LoTR, all I need is weapons from Fallout, and the lore will bend to my will. I get bored easily.
Maybe if you didn't mod the game so you could kill everything at first level you wouldn't be bored.
eh, the problem is simply this: I did play it without mods for the first two weeks, and got bored because I could already kill pretty much everything at level one. I'm a bit of a Daggerfall Veteran, so combat is easy for me. I don't even have problems with combat in dungeon hack. I got bored after the first two weeks, and stopped playing, the only reason I do play on occasion is because of mods.

Edit: Ok, here's how to survive at level one easily in any elder scrolls game, with the exception being morrowind due to having to switch between weapons and spells: Go any race you want, go spell-sword/spell-thief and start with a healing spell if you can or get one ASAP, have a sword as well, use the sword to fight, and use the spell to heal any damage you take. if they can't finish you off, they can't win.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Holy shit Skyrim has some serious charm.

Anyone notice that kid with the lusty argonians maids copy under his bed? Or the orc village with two bedrolls right next to each other with empty wine bottles scattered all over the place?

I noticed Bethesda! Keep it up!

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Paarthurnax was voiced by Mario? I couldn't hear a word Paarthurnax said because he was flying in backwards circles 200 feet above my head the whole conversation

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Holy shit, a good portion of the posts in here are just piggy-backing off of previous hate-posts so they can fit in.

Holy shit, I'm sure most of them still play it anyway.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Holy shit Skyrim is such a terrible game, I've only played it for 108 hours (actual steam clock time).

Holy shit, I just hated on Skyrim, i'm so cool people will think i'm hip.

Holy shit, I have a 2 and 1/2 foot by 2 1/2 foot map of Skyrim made of 9 sheets of printer paper taped together hanging on my wall.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Holy shit, Skyrim, I actually like you and should probably be hauled out on the courtyard and shot for polluting the cultural sphere as the blinded, rabbid fanboy I am.

Ahem...

Holy shit, Skyr... Wait, holy shit, Hjalmar the Horse! I was supposed to kill that bandit leader, but thank you for galloping up the stairs and nibbling them all to death for me!

Speaking of nothing, it reminds me of what happened when the classic book "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K. Jerome was released. All the papers and critics tore it apart as a dumbed-down and insipid story, and Jerome ended up one of the most media-eviscerated author of his decade.

The books sold like mad, and he and his publishers ended up quite rich indeed.

"I cannot imagine what becomes of all the copies of that book I issue. I often think the public must eat them."

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Holy shit, Skyrim, its the new in thing to hate now to be one of the cool kids! next stop on the bandwagon, the bottom of a cliff!

Come back in 2 months when the next cool thing to hate will be Mass Effect 3 and Xenoblade. you got to keep up with the fads!

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Holy shit, despite all the points made in this threat I still enjoy this game more then most of my other games.