Homefront Sells 375,000 on Launch Day

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
xdiesp said:
If FOX News was a videogame, it would be Homefront.

...I still wonder how stupid one can be to believe the jingoism that a nation which is starving could invade us. They are right to hate us.
I still wonder how you think something made for entertainment purpose means that people actually consider them a threat. Did you even see the backlash they had for their story?

OT:

I'm tempted to get it for the multiplayer, but Battlefield 3 is coming out soon and I know i'll be playing that much, much more

Devon Dent

Mar 17, 2010
WanderingFool said:
I was thinking of getting this for my PC, anyone know if its worth it MP-wise?
It is really not worth anything, and I would recomend anything else. It is not as pretty as MW2 or even COD black ops. the stroy is good, but very short and the ending screams out for DLC. With battlefield 3 coming out soon i can honestly say wait for that instead, i sure as hell wish I had.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
as a pc gamer I think i'll wait for this one to hit steam. THQ do very good sales come Christmas time or whenever they're on. even if it drops to half price alone it should be worth it.

by the way, apparently if you pre purchase this one on steam you get metro 2033 free. that's an incentive eh?

the campaign looks cool but i'll wait till its cheaper because that's all i'd want it for really.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Good for them! I still don't understand how they thought they could get away with such a short campaign when they hired experts and advertised the crap out of it.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
sargeant15 said:
nesto said:
beema said:
Interesting, poor reviews but good sales. Looks like the discrepancy between critics and general audience strikes again. It's starting to feel like the movie industry.

toanewe lorrain
what "poor reviews"?

Seriously, I don't get how a lot of people consider a 72 average on Metacritic "poor".
Yeah, I've seen tons of games on Metacritic that have way lower scores under the 50-mark. And those are bad games, 72 shouldn't be that bad really.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I'll pickup this game when its on sale for 75% off on steam ^-^

Not worth my $50-$60

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
GeorgW said:
Good for them! I still don't understand how they thought they could get away with such a short campaign when they hired experts and advertised the crap out of it.
"probably spent too much time on the multiplayer" is the usual excuse. which by my reckoning is pretty dumbfounding seeing how CoD4 had a 8-10 hour campaign and the most awesome MP since ever. Subsequently every other FPS that came out since have had their campaigns slashed in half with nothing really new added on the MP side. \o_O/

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Chances are that Homefront is going to drop massively in price over where I live, so I might pick it up on the cheap. I'm not picking up a six hour long game at full price solely for the multiplayer.

Either way, good for them and I hope that the sales continue rising from here on out. Who knows, maybe Kaos might actually take the time to listen and fix most of the problems found in Homefront in the inevitable Homefront 2.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
I want to try it but I'm not paying full triple-A shooter price for a game unless and until I know a lot more about it. I'm not going to touch it for multi (that's what TF2 is for) and while I'm willing to drop 25 or 30 bucks on a flawed campaign with potential, I'm sure not going in for 60. So I'm waiting.

Maybe not for long, though. Word on the street is that retailers including GameStop and Amazon have already cut the price. Might hit an acceptable price range sooner than expected.
This is my thinking.
I might get a bit of play out of multiplayer, but I have TF2 and Source, so... Yeah.
The story did intrigue me, but from everything I've heard they handled it poorly. Actually I was skeptical since we were told North Korea would be invading... The short campaign length is another major reason I won't be getting it anytime soon.
Still, when it's like 80% off on Steam during thanksgiving or the summer sale or whatever, I'll probably get it, if only to try it out, and see how the story is supposed to work.

eharriett

Jan 22, 2011
I'm glad it is doing well. It didn't do enough to captivate me story wise that I am willing to pay launch day prices for it, but I am looking forward to experience it at a lower price. I enjoy story-driven games and what I consider to be a good story often differs from many of the reviewers, so I will keep my own counsel on this one.

Only thing I have to decide: PC, 360, or PS3?

Anyone compare them yet?

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
EDIT: Eh, nevermind. That rant was too excessive in bile even for me.

It's good to see the sales have been decent at least, from what I've gathered from reviews and such it was close to a stellar title. Hopefully a sequel gets the Green Light and the flaws can be ironed out.

Opticalrage

Mar 20, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Homefront Sells 375,000 on Launch Day

Despite middling reviews, THQ's Homefront [http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbox-360/dp/B003Q53VZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300327756&sr=8-1] sold 375,000 units on launch day and that's enough to make CEO Brian Farrell a very happy camper.

It's not the 5.6 million units that taken a pounding [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Playstation-3/dp/B003JVCA9Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300327775&sr=8-2] in the wake of the game's critical underperformance, Farrell nonetheless nonetheless managed to sound upbeat.

"We are delighted with first day sales for Homefront and are already fulfilling re-orders for the game from multiple retailers," he said.

"Homefront's excellent multiplayer experience, combined with our commitment to dedicated servers, make this a must-have purchase for gamers," added Vice President Danny Bilson. "Due to the strong and growing demand for Homefront's multiplayer, we continue to add dedicated server capacity. We are confident that the large-scale multiplayer maps featuring 32 players, vehicles, infantry and drones, will continue to be a major draw for the huge audience of FPS gamers looking for a new experience over the coming months."

In fact, while Russ Pitts' review of the single-player component of Homefront found much to criticize, John Funk's Twitter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8573-Hands-On-Homefront-Multiplayer] that the demand for dedicated servers "outstripped expectations" and that it will be adding more to meet the demand as soon as possible.

Source: IndustryGamers [http://www.industrygamers.com/news/homefront-sells-375000-at-launch/]

What a waist of money the game is rubbish and quality sucks, of coarse we compare it to games like Modern warfare 2 that was quality and still is, we were hoping for something better but we got this instead. As for the online gaming its been out 5 days and already the servers are failing, just another let down. If people had known how bad it was it would not have sold anywhere near to 375000 copies.