Homefront

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
okay okay before people start saying 'you're just learning about this now!?' let me state that I don't watch a lot of trailers.

So anyways earlier this week I saw the trailer for the new Homefront game. This game promises to be more patriotic than the entire Medal of Honor series and it demonizes North Korea as a whole.

Seriously, what is up with this game!? Was it commissioned by George W? Did someone seriously think that this would be a good idea!?

What about you? What's your thoughts?

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Any shooter right now that strays away from antagonizing the Russkies like we're still living in the Cold War is a step in the right direction.

As small of step as it seems....=/

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

Oh my god, that's fantastic... That's fucking hilarious... I'm going to buy it now if just because I got a good laugh out of it.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I don't care about the patriotic bullshit, and I think the OP is reading too much into it.

All I see is a pseudo-sequel to Freedom Fighters, and I am pleased thus far.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Iwata said:
I don't care about the patriotic bullshit, and I think the OP is reading too much into it.

All I see is a pseudo-sequel to Freedom Fighters, and I am pleased thus far.
Freedom Fighters throwback FTW.

OT:this looks very interesting.
NOT: we showed this to our stoner friend and told him that was the news. he bugged out and asked our South Korean friend if he's on our side or not.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Blueruler182 said:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

Oh my god, that's fantastic... That's fucking hilarious... I'm going to buy it now if just because I got a good laugh out of it.
This is hilarious! I mean, who came up with this shit?!

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Enemy Of The State said:
Looks good, I'll most likely be buying it.
Nomanslander said:
Any shooter right now that strays away from antagonizing the Russkies like we're still living in the Cold War is a step in the right direction.

I love the irony of the Avatar of 'Enemy of the state' and the post of 'Nomanslander'.

OT: sounds like a nice B-game. Not good. But not bad either.

WriterX

Mar 21, 2008
They had to substitue Russia with a different Antagonist eventualy, to invade the US. But, I presume that in the end it will not change anything. It will look like Red Dawn, but with small changes.

Perhaps I missed something in the Story Trailer, but what happened to NATO? The Soviet Union in all those "Cold War" scenarios would had been possibly able to fight a two front war, forcing the European NATO countries into defending their own borders, but North Korea even with its "Great Alliance" would not be able to do it, unless they crossed over Russian a long way, or the Middle East.

I know, I am being pokey, and I hope it will be explained in the full game. Simply, thus far, I am unimpressed realy.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Enemy Of The State said:
Looks good, I'll most likely be buying it.
Nomanslander said:

I love the irony of the Avatar of 'Enemy of the state' and the post of 'Nomanslander'.

OT: sounds like a nice B-game. Not good. But not bad either.
Umm...as ridiculous as the idea of North Korea invading America is at least they're antagonizing a country that currently needs no introduction to playing the part of the "bad guys."

Anyways Russkie isn't a derogatory term, the word for Russian in that language is Russkie....0o

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Blueruler182 said:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

That remind me so much of Mercenaries. Boat is attacked, North Korean killed, son takes over...

EDIT: Hell, this could be a better sequel to that game then World in Flames.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Up until the ending with that satellite it seemed okay. Makes a nice change from Evil Russians, Evil Muslims and Evil Nazi's at least. It also has an interesting idea around it. Of North Korea and South Korea uniting.

I think you are looking a little too much into it OP, it hardly demonizes the Koreans any more than any other enemy in a game/film/book.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Legion said:
Up until the ending with that satellite it seemed okay. Makes a nice change from Evil Russians, Evil Muslims and Evil Nazi's at least. It also has an interesting idea around it. Of North Korea and South Korea uniting.
at the rate this story is going, the korean president probably IS a nazi, russian and a muslim AND an alien and the devil incarnate AND working with the evil corporations AND causes itchey scrotum

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Kragg said:
Legion said:
at the rate this story is going, the korean president probably IS a nazi, russian and a muslim AND an alien and the devil incarnate AND working with the evil corporations AND causes itchey scrotum
Now that's my kind of villain!

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
HK_01 said:
Blueruler182 said:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

This is hilarious! I mean, who came up with this shit?!
Maybe you've heard of a man named Dale Gribble?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Legion said:

I think you are looking a little too much into it OP, it hardly demonizes the Koreans any more than any other enemy in a game/film/book.
Well yes, that's an interesting angle, but as soon as I heard "Japan surrenders" I started laughing uncontrollably. And from then on the story only became more ridiculous.

Blueruler182 said:
Maybe you've heard of a man named Dale Gribble?
I did a Google search and could only find a redneck cartoon character. I have heard of this game before, however, and it's apparently written by a rather well-known American author who writes stories like this, where America faces some evil foreigners that want to do evil stuff and the USA are the only country that can do anything about it. Because remember, Asia/Europe/Whatever have no local powers whatsoever that could take care of that themselves.