Honest Game Trailers: Counter-Strike

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Counter-Strike

From Valve; the company that refuses to let anyone aim down the barrel, comes the franchise that taught generations of children - you run faster with a knife.

Watch Video

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Honest Game Trailers on the Escapist? Nice.

Oh, and fuck Dust 2. Seriously.

micuu

Mar 28, 2014
As somebody who has played off and on since Beta 2, I rate this as 10,000% true.

micuu

Mar 28, 2014
President Bagel said:
micuu said:
As somebody who has played off and on since Beta 2, I rate this as 10,000% true.
Even when they said that Counter Strike: Source is the best and then later said that Counter Strike Online 2 is the best? The popularity of Honest Trailers continues to baffle me.
Source is probably the best from a pure game-play perspective. CS Online has boobies, so it still wins out overall.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Now I want to play Counter-Stike Online 2 (Korean CS). Too bad there is no English version.
Nice job getting HGT on the Escapist.

President Bagel said:
micuu said:
Even when they said that Counter Strike: Source is the best and then later said that Counter Strike Online 2 is the best? The popularity of Honest Trailers continues to baffle me.
It's not serious critique. It's just for fun.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I'm surprised they didn't have more mention of how terrible it is to hear other players talk. I've found the mute button to be a defining part of my experience with CS.

I hope to see more videos like this in the future; it was pretty funny.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Weird that you guys release it on the same day as on YouTube. You release video game theories like three years after they are uploaded on YouTube.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Looks like the Defy Media family are working closer with each other. Maybe the Schmoes Know for movies as you guys just recently signed with them?

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
Kamikaze_88 said:
Anyone know the name of the game at the very end of video? I cant hear him clearly.
He doesn't actually say the name. "We all know the real best Counter Strike is the bootleg Korean one, am I right?"

After a quick Google search I think it might be Counter Strike Online 2, but I'm not certain.

Kamikaze_88

May 20, 2015
Blacklight28 said:
Kamikaze_88 said:
Anyone know the name of the game at the very end of video? I cant hear him clearly.
He doesn't actually say the name. "We all know the real best Counter Strike is the bootleg Korean one, am I right?"

After a quick Google search I think it might be Counter Strike Online 2, but I'm not certain.
Cool thanks for clearing that up

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Didn't see this one coming. It's like a surprise birthday party, except I'm not miserable.

Only played some CS: Source back in the day. My brother was more into it.

Good stuff nonetheless.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I only recently stumbled across HGTs on Youtube and instantly loved them. Seeing them on the Escapist is positively delightful! Really, it seems like the site's best hiring action since the mass exodus of content creators first kicked off.

CS was one of the very first PC games I ever played, way back when it first came out. I cannot believe it still exists.
Conditioned lab rat, indeed.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
micuu said:
I'll second that. Seriously, how the fuck is this game still popular when it ends up being mostly Dust2 (or variants of) being played?
People ***** and moan about re-releasing the same game over and over but some of them I'd bet are still playing CS on Dust2 and no other map ever.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
This video was gold. So, so true.

Aslo, hold the goddamn phone here, there's a cat sticker in CSGO? How much money do I have to throw at the game to get- fuck it, I'll just give Valve a cheque and let them fill in the blank.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That was even funnier than Counter-Strike For Kids. Well done. Hats off. Shirts off. Trousers off. Just take me, TAKE ME NOW.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
micuu said:
I'll second that. Seriously, how the fuck is this game still popular when it ends up being mostly Dust2 (or variants of) being played?
People ***** and moan about re-releasing the same game over and over but some of them I'd bet are still playing CS on Dust2 and no other map ever.
My guess would be because you only have to buy it once.

True_color222

Apr 27, 2011
Is honest trailers actually gonna be a regular thing here? Might actually start coming back more often if it is.