Honest Game Trailers: Fallout 3

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Fallout 3

From the studio who makes one good game two different ways comes the best Fallout game of all time... unless you count New Vegas... or the first two. Fallout 3!

Watch Video

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I still think Fallout 3 is better then New Vegas. Plus, there was a legitimately bad Fallout game. It was called Brotherhood o... (microphone is cut off)

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
To think we could be talking about The Elder Scrolls 7 if Bethesda didn't buy Fallout.

That's not intended to be a dig at Fallout. Still its kind of annoying to know that when Elder Scrolls 7 comes out it'll be around 10 years from now. And I'll be around 40 years old.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
A particular set of skills - to walk out on you as a teenager... why can't I stop laughing a that?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zontar said:
I still think Fallout 3 is better then New Vegas. Plus, there was a legitimately bad Fallout game. It was called Brotherhood o... (microphone is cut off)
Or it's sister game, Tac...What the hell happened to my mic? Who's doing that?

There are only four fallout games(soon to be five). There.

OT: I liked Fallout 3, but I couldn't think of anything he said that wasn't true.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Dalisclock said:
Zontar said:
*throws destroyed mics into trash* You dont talk about those

OT: That was quite entertaining honest game trailer.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
It's nice knowing that Honest Trailers agrees that New Vegas is better than Fallout 3.

For as we all know, there is nothing more important than the debate between Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Fallout 3 > New Vegas

Much more interesting world, better level design, better sidequests, better atmosphere. NV has a slightly better main story, though not by much. Overall, I played FO3 a ton of times, barely dragged myself through NV once. And that's as a fan of the original games.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
This could be the funniest new addition to the Escapist in a long while. Had me laughing several times (ah yes, the dread of standardized testing).

And of course, it's NV > F3. F3's "level design" is "hey, wanna move about? Sure, crawl through these subway-tunnels!".

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
For me, there was only 2 real Fallouts. Van Buren would have been the real 3. Everything else is just Oblivion with guns. The series lost the intelligent black humor that made 1 and 2 so great. :(

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Jandau said:
Fallout 3 > New Vegas

Much more interesting world, better level design, better sidequests, better atmosphere. NV has a slightly better main story, though not by much. Overall, I played FO3 a ton of times, barely dragged myself through NV once. And that's as a fan of the original games.
Your opinion is wrong. New Vegas is better in almost every respect. Fallout 3 has a much better intro, but that's about it.

UberThetan

Oct 6, 2014
Oh this thread is going to go great. Just great.

With that said, Fallout New Vegas blows everything Fallout 3 tried out of the water.

Jandau said:
Fallout 3 > New Vegas

For those of you actually interested, Shamus is also doing a run-down of Fallout 3 on his website.

The blistering stupidity of Fallout 3 [http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27085]

Seriously, anybody who claims the game world was better designed and had better quests apparently didn't play Fallout 3 or New Vegas. F3 was lazy at best.

Wiggum Esquilax

Apr 22, 2015
Kathinka said:
For me, there was only 2 real Fallouts. Van Buren would have been the real 3. Everything else is just Oblivion with guns. The series lost the intelligent black humor that made 1 and 2 so great. :(
You made me remember Van Buren.

You made me remember that we lost Van Buren.

Damn your black humored heart.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Fallout 3 and NV are both great, each have advantages over the other in my opinion. The original 2 fallouts (not counting the ps2 game and tac *static*)...where also good, but I'm not a huge fan of strategy rpgs (still enjoyed them, but enjoyed 3/nv more).

Fallout 3 was the first fps rpg that really dragged me into the world (borederlands being another...but thats more fps and less rpg). I never got into skyrim (or the previous elder scrolls) nearly as much as Fallout.

NV was...probably...better in many ways, but it was also very similar to fallout 3 (almost like a very large expansion). That isn't a bad thing, and I still really enjoyed it (and have played through it at least 3 times), but it didn't have the freshness of Fallout 3 (which I have played through many more times).

I don't think it should be which one is better, they are both great, and hopefully fallout 4 is going to be the best yet. Wasn't impressed by fallout shelter personally...but it's free, and an ios game...so no biggie. I have not been so stocked for a game since Diablo 3....lets just hope this one isn't as much of a letdown!!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
The worst Player Punch of all: Liam Neeson telling you how disappointed he is.
And you do NOT want to disappoint him.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
another rehash show that I don't need to use this site to watch. I <3 Honest Trailers, but how has anyone on escapist not seen any of these on their youtube channel?

Matey

Jun 25, 2008
Dalisclock said:
Zontar said:

There are only four fallout games(soon to be five). There.

OT: I liked Fallout 3, but I couldn't think of anything he said that wasn't true.

Hey now... Fallout Tactics is actually an excellent Fallout game. It knew that it wasn't Fallout 3 and never claimed to be. It told a good story, was fun to play and was true to the setting. No it isn't as good as Fallout 1 or 2, but like I said, it knew it wasn't a sequel to those, rather a different style game in that setting.

If Fallout "3" had the good sense to be named "Fallout FPS Action Game" or something then I probably wouldn't hate it so much for destroying the franchise for me, but alas. I hear New Vegas is actually good but I was done with it before I made it out of the starter zone. At least Wasteland 2 exists to remind me of what could have been... It's as close to an actual Fallout 3 as we will ever get.

UberThetan

Oct 6, 2014
LifeCharacter said:
Feel free to criticize the ever-loving shit out of Fallout 3's story and plot and characters and the logic of their world, because they most likely deserve it, but sandbox-wise the Capital Wasteland had so much more to do than the Mojave.
Fair enough, I guess it's probably down to preference at that point - simulation vs. theme park, basically.