Horrible games.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
kyuzo3567 said:
jdogtwodolla said:
There was this fighting game about Samurai on the ps2 that was just awful. The controls were terrible and for some reason I couldn't get past the first fight no matter how much I beat the opponent. I can't even remember the name of it though. It was one of the earlier titles of that systems lifetime.
Was it an Onimusha game?
No no no, it was a Fighting game. It was somewhat realistic.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
jdogtwodolla said:
kyuzo3567 said:
jdogtwodolla said:
There was this fighting game about Samurai on the ps2 that was just awful. The controls were terrible and for some reason I couldn't get past the first fight no matter how much I beat the opponent. I can't even remember the name of it though. It was one of the earlier titles of that systems lifetime.
Was it an Onimusha game?
Well there are 5 Onimusha titles for PS, one of them is a fighting game (though I've never played it myself).... God I loved those games, I need to find them at a Microplay or something

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
jdogtwodolla said:
kyuzo3567 said:
jdogtwodolla said:
Was it an Onimusha game?
Was it Kengo: Master of Bushido?

It's also possible you're thinking of it's PS1 spiritual predecessor Bushido Blade.

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
AC all of them I've played, Dragon age 1-2, Brink, halo4, Fable 3, Battlefield 3, Rage,Specops the line, KOAR, GRFS, COD after 4 havn't played since BO, LA Noire and Cathrine.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Truly horrible games? As in so bad you can't at all see how someone could stand playing them?
Daikatana and Colonial Marines.

Yup

Oh and all those crappy little Indie games whose names you can never remember which are essentially broken rips of other, actually decent Indie games.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
worst game i played was i dont even know the full name of it but it was the first Full Metal Alchemist game for the ps2. i watching the anime and i was like " OH MY GOD THERES A GAME!?" so i rented it....my god did it suck so much i almost cried. how could someone slaughter such awesomeness? ....

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor was horrible. E.T. and Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 were just trash (yes, I am THAT old).

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Legends of Pegasus
Good idea. Very bad excution

I was lied to. I will never buy another Kalipso game ever again.

It was half finished when put out.
The dev was closed
they will not give out the source code.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel

Picked it up as a collector's edition in Japan (came with NERV stickers n' all sortsa shite) when it first came out for about 5000JPY.

I'd played through and absolutely fucking loved Neon Genesis: EvangelionZ, which was something like Heavy Rain mixed with The Sims, but in an Evangelion sandbox world. You had to play as Shinji the first time and it started with the berzerker event - but from that point on the angels would come in a random order, Asuka would turn up randomly (you could end up fighting some of the really tough angels with just Shinji and Rei - even Shinji could be injured and you'd have to lay in your hospital bed listening to Rei and the angel blast the shit out of each other), and your actions would influence everyone's respective AT FIELD. You know there's a big angel fight coming? It's important to support the other Children. Unfortunately, as with everything Eva, hedgehog's dilemma etc - you might help their AT Field, but yours is likely to suffer unless you can find some other outlet (I always enjoyed standing in Shinji's room, punching the wall all night. I'm not kidding. That was one of the things you could do lol). Coupled with me essentially learning fluent Japanese from the game within about 6 months (I eclipsed university trained Japanese language students of 4+ years study at this point), the game was masterful. If, like everything Japanese, rather odd.

As a side note - the further play throughs were even better. Depending on how you went as Shinji, you could unlock more characters. And then you could unlock other characters by fulfilling different roles. Work a lot of over time as Katsuragi, and you could unlock Fuyutsui, for example. Outsmart Seele in a chapter? Unlock Kaji. Be a rude prick? Unlock that Osaka kid who was a bully/later a pilot. Hell, you could even unlock Pen-Pen the freakin' Penguin.

But back to Girlfriend of Steel - it sucked. It was one of those daft J-dating sims, but it was set in that Evangelion 'alternate reality' world where there were no angels and Shinji/Rei/Asuka were just regular kids. NG:Evangelionz did the same thing but infinitely better because it wasn't so scripted. Girlfriend of Steel was just like a literal girlfriend of steel - cold, unforgiving, a poor conversation partner, and don't you even THINK of anything ECCHI unless you've got a lot of time to warm her up.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
I spent a hundred bucks on The Old Republic...not that it was bad, i just completely lost interest after about 2 weeks.

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
I will never forgive Colonial Marines. Never. And COD WAW. If it weren't for the neat inclusions it would be in the bin.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
prophecy2514 said:
Alpha protocol
Holy shit, that was the worst game ever. I spent half the time learning how to do something, only for it to never be repeated for the rest of the game. I totally understood what they wanted to do, but wow, such amazingly poor execution.

I could not stand Mercenaries 2. I thought it was a PS2 game at first, then I remembered that I was using my 360. Just Cause 2 is also on my list. I absolutely adored the first one and sank an incredible amount of hours into it. I'm not sure what it was about the second one that I didn't like, but I just hated it to no end!

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Dr. McD said:
Command and Conquer 4 was Tiberian Twilight, C&C 3 was Tiberium Wars. I agree with you on unmodded Oblivion, and Diablo 3 by the way, and on a related note, Unmodded Fallout 3 sucks as well, YES THAT DOES INCLUDE THE STORY.
Yeah, t'was a typo. Meant to say 4. While Tiberium Wars, in my opinion, wasn't one of the better games in the series, I find it hard to call it horrible. Afterall, it had Billy Dee Williams! Tiberian Twilight on the other hand... that was a very special kind of bad. Like the kind of bad that you encounter when you find out that a childhood role model and hero is actually the scum of the Earth in person. Tiberian Twilight was, for me, the last nail in the C&C franchise's coffin. It's dead to me now.

I'm actually surprised I didn't put an unmodded Fallout 3 on my list. Probably due to my fanboyism toward the franchise. But really... it's one of only two Fallout games that I never bothered to play a second time (Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for X-Box/PS2 being the other - now THAT is a horrible game!). Sure, I had a reasonable amount of fun seeing my beloved Fallout universe from the first person perspective... but I just never found it to be a compelling enough game to warrant additional playthroughs.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I say Atelier Rorona; it's kind of like Reccetear but bad. I've played the past Atelier games (The Iris series, and I suppose Mana Khemia comes into it) so maybe my expectations were high. But with the crappy combat (special attacks use HP!>) annoying characters and terrible animations, I just couldn't get into it.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pokemon Black Version.

I'm sure many of you know where this is going, so I'll just leave it at that.

Glad we have Gen 6 to look forward to.
What was your beef with the fifth gen? I personally enjoyed it. I thought the Pokemon designs were pretty rubbish overall though.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
ScrabbitRabbit said:
jdogtwodolla said:
kyuzo3567 said:
jdogtwodolla said:
Was it an Onimusha game?
Was it Kengo: Master of Bushido?
Yes! That was it.

Fuck that game! That was a game for my mom and she didn't even enjoy it.

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
Add a tally to Final Fantasy XIII. I grabbed it for the PS3 after the reviews and once the price dropped a bit but before the FF13-2 reveal. I thought that it would be alright since I remember liking FFX despite the reviews giving it less than perfect 10s across the board. I didn't even mind the linearity too much but what hurt the experience for me was the combat which amounted to me selecting auto-attack and wishing the combat would just end already so I could continue clopping along another beautiful corridor.
I picked up FF XIII-2 and this was pretty much my exact feeling. I started off and was reminded of XII, which I loved, but as I progressed it fell apart. XII took a lot of flak for the game basically playing itself, but I actually liked the Gambit system. You had to put some thought into the order of your Gambits, how they functioned, the party setup and so on. It wasn't like you could just not touch them and just let the game beat itself. However, in XIII-2 they fucked the whole system up. They seemingly tried to copy the Gambit system, but made one MASSIVE mistake: the battles do the random encounter "warp to another dimension" thingy. XII worked because it was seamless; just run up to an enemy on the map and smack him around until he dies. XIII-2 makes it so I still get the jarring interruption from my adventuring, but then I don't even get to do anything other than hit "autoattack" (more on this in a min). Yeah, you can run away from the impending fight, but then you lose out on XP. In XII I could just let Ashe Firaga weak baddies to death while I ignore them and explore while still getting XP.
As for the autoattack issue: it takes any and all feeling of, you know, gameplay out of the fights. They interrupt my adventuring and then don't give me any valid reason why they had to do that cuz, ya know, I don't get to do anything beyond "press a button X number of times to continue". At first I liked how Serah started battles off with "Fira, Thundara, Aero", and then used whichever one was most effective on that enemy from then on. Then I realized it rendered my input useless. If my characters are gonna learn how to fight by themselves, and I can just autoattack to victory, even in a new area against new enemies, with nary a scratch, why am I needed again? It honestly feels like watching a movie, only every 2 minutes it pauses and I have to hit the "Play" button to keep going. And I don't even give a shit about the story.
However, I have to be honest. I'm only 4 hours in. Maybe it gets better once I reach a point where they introduce gameplay into the movie. I'll never know though, cuz Dawnguard came out for PS3 today and I have some Vampire shit to do!