Horrible games.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Do horribly optimized games count? I bought Witcher 2, expecting it to be playable on my laptop (which can play Far Cry 3 on med-to-high pretty damn smoothly). It's not playable, even on the absolute lowest settings, and it looks like ass by the way. Like, it looks about 8 years old on those settings, and the tutorial runs at below 15 FPS. HURRR DURRR PC GAEMING GUYS.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Lego Star Wars II for the Nintendo DS. You can't 100% it at all due to its bugs, which are on par with Aliens: CM in bugginess.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
The first Marvel vs, Capcom. damn that game was shit. did bought the sequel and still own it, because it took me awhile before I figured out it was shit as well.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Chivalry... I bought it for Four dollars and those are my most hated four dollars spent on gaming, game's terribly unpolished the animations are terrible the gameplay is leagues behind Mount & Blade and the scenario's not even historically accurate just cliche pseudo recreation of medieval war. I'm aware and okay with the fact it was meant to be arcadey but it's execution was horrible far as I'm concerned. Lots of people really love it though so the problem might just be me.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
SonOfVoorhees said:
Recently played Ghost Recon Future Soldier - what a piece of crap. Its more like Cod now. Also has an over reliance on the "Shoot four people at the same time" mechanic. Pointless addition. Nothing like the original. Could only play it for 5 hours then stopped.
Aye.

Hell, I remember when Vietcong (2003) or the very first Ghost Recon (2001) blew me away with being surprisingly hard and 'immersive' - that was before the word got enslaved and whored out by marketing folks. Sure, the games are ugly, simple and bland compared to today's fare, but taking over a position or just navigating through the environment without dying a horrible death really felt good in those, much less tunnel vision than what the weaksauce anaemic consoles had us settle for in the past seven years.

My bottom underachiever list would have to include abominations like:

Shellshock 2
Rogue Warrior
Dragon Age 2
Duke Nukem Forever

Did somebody just name Bioshock and Prey as 'worst games'? I don't want to live on this planet no more.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
I've been watching 2 Best Friends Play a lot recently; one forgets how much horrible stuff was released last console generation.

This generation is brown, washed out and uninteresting you say? Try 75% of Xbox games ever released.

But that's me just harping on graphics, but then when there's seemingly a lot of prosaic TPSes in the style of Max Payne...well...

I admit I might be exaggerating.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
I'm gonna go old school, but "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth".

I'm a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft and at first, the game comes across like an open survival horror game in an atmospheric world straight out of his books.

But the game is so on the rails there is only ONE solution for everything . And if you don't address it that one way, it starts you from that section again, totally breaking the immersion!

After the famed "Attack of the Fishmen" episode, I bailed.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Megarace 3: Nanotech Disaster earns the distinction of being the absolute worst game I have ever played. I'm not talking about generally bad games, this POS had barely controlable ships, horrible graphics, and the absolutely worst FMV I have ever, EVER seen! I was playing it by myself and I still felt ashamed to be watching them!

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
I love how people say Mass Effect 3 was a BAD game...Have you guys ever played something like AMY or the unplayable mess that is Tony Hawks Project 8 on the PS2?

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Leadfinger said:
Master of Orion 3. I loved and played the hell out of MOO1 and MOO2, but MOO3 was awful, absolutely unplayable.
Yes - this so much this, £20 I paid....played it once

I say played I mean 'the AI played' so little control on colonies, such a slow long dull game

God I hated the colony managment systems

The game was so bad and such a step back in lore and playability

STalty5

Mar 3, 2013
The worst game I have ever owned is Showtime Championship Boxing for the Wii. That game was horrible on so many levels. From 10000/mph jab combinations doing no damage, to the extremely generic fighters, e.g. "Punchbag Pat," it was terrible.

Also, I never owned it but I know that Vampire Rain was awful.

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
I can't for the life of me remember which one, but at some point I picked up some Spider-Man game, still for the pc. Probably was a tie-in with one of the Sam Raimi movies. Anyway, I was looking forward to some web slinging and what not, turned out there was very little of that. Having set my mind on returning it the next day and change it for another game, it turned out that 3 1/2 hours later I had actually already beat the game. Ah, the good old days, where I'd still walk into a store and actually pick something up without knowing anything about it...

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Recently... DmC reboot.
People bring up this a lot: Do not judge this game based of the other DMCs, the demo, or the complete disregard of the source material, before you actually play it... I did...................
Gameplay alone makes it an ok game, but compared to the original DMCs it is absolute garbage.

(Speaking of DMC) DMC2.
Alien Colonial Marines.
Metroid Other M.
Amy.
Steel Battalion. (The unplayable Kinect one)
Final Fantasy X-2, 13, haven't played it but I assume 13-2 shared the same fate, and same goes for the upcoming 13-3.
Resident Evil 5 and Operation RC.
Ghost Rider the movie game (PS2). My cousin gave me this for my birthday cause he "couldn't" get me Resident Evil 4. I asked him recently and it was just as I though... he trolled me. Good times.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I bought Sonic '06 day one.

DAY. ONE.

*Breaks down crying* Never again...

My Steam list is full of absolute shit, but half of it was in a sale with games that I actually DID want, so I'm not fussed. I have some shit and/or badly aged games on GOG, too, but they were cheap as chips so I'm not bothered.

SSJBlastoise said:
I bought Naughty Bear hoping it would be an interesting game but boy was I wrong, I still have it and want to try completing it but every mission is pretty much the same which gets boring very fast.
The concept was great but the dull level design, awful framerate and bugs ruined it.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I got Sonic '06 and Shadow too. And Sonic and the Secret Rings. What the hell was I thinking? At least I didn't keep them long, and it's been years since I had them.

I also bought Two World Limited Edition on pre-order. Worst fucking game I've ever played. Also got rid of it quickly.

I don't really have anything much currently in my possession that would qualify though. It's been a long time since I became savvy enough to know what game was most likely going to be shit.

Although actually there is one. Fable 2. The number of times I've mentioned that game on these forums has been way too numerous. But I've been away for a while so I haven't actually thought about it in ages. But I have the limited edition of that still sitting on my shelf for some unfathomable reason.

I have a few other games that are "bad", but I don't necessarily regret buying.

One other does come to mind actually. One that's not on my shelf, because it's a bloody non-refundable download game. And one I got recently too. I kicked myself so hard for getting this. Tales of Vesperia. It was yet another failed attempt to get in to JRPGs. I remember playing the demo way back when and being impressed, so on a whim I decided to buy it. Huge mistake.

Acton Hank said:
The most recent for me is Sleeping Dogs,

I was bored to death by the end of the first two hours.
That's the first time I've heard anyone say anything about that game which isn't showering it in praise. At least I know I'm not alone in not being too hot on it.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
My biggest letdown games are Crackdown 2 and Final Fantasy 13. Both games had some glimmers of actual fun but ultimately they were just incredibly boring.

Toxic Sniper

Mar 13, 2013
Sonic 3D Blast
Too Human
The History Channel: Civil War - A Nation Divided (LOL)
BlackSite: Area 51
Metroid: Other M

Out of all of these, I'm only really bitter about Other M. I still can't believe I skipped Prime trilogy for that trash. I might as well have tossed my money in the shredder.