Horror Meets Shopping at the Echo Bazaar

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Today I login into Echo Bazaar an it throws me onto the character creation screen... HUH?!
Where does one get help for this sort of thing? The "Help" link on chobazaar.failbettergames.com seems to require that I register a character!

All's fixed, it was because of me renaming my twitter account recently.

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
I'm not exactly a social person (case in point when I started regularily viewing the escapist there were 3 or 4 zero punctuation videos yet this is my second forum post). And I hate all that twitter stands for. But the ARG aspect of this game is really interesting chatting with all the masters and trying to piece the world together from all the snippets of information (follow Mr_Eaten you will not regret it).

It's just too bad that twitter has a 140 character limit. It's impossible to say anything interesting or in character for that matter, since it's supposed to be victorian England and they seemed quite verbose back then.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
This is really interesting and I'm really enjoying myself. It's a good game to return to every hour or so during your day, so that you don't have to wait 24 hours to play at all again, and your not always playing. I also love how they chose Victorian London over any other city or time period, because it really goes great with the brand of horror and humor they have.

There are a few things which bug me about the game though. For one, when an action is locked (like changing your residence) due to lack off items, I wish the game would tell me how many of those items I had without forcing me to go to my 'me' screen. The exhaustion system is also kind of annoying, not because you get exhausted at all, but because of something else. I made my profile at 3PM, so I use all my actions that day and eventually go to bed. But, since I created the profile at 3PM, I have to wait from until I waked up until 3PM to be rested again and get more action points. This is kind of annoying, because there's no way to change the time that you get your possible actions back. It would be nice if you always got them back at 8am or something, because then you only have to wait for less than 24 hours on the first day. But this would probably be problematic, since then they'd have to work on actually keeping track of the time, rather than just having a timer, and they'd have to account for timezones. It could also be an option to pay fate to change your 'reset' time, which would also solve the problem and would be simpler. But, these are both minor problems.

Also, I accidentally discarded the opportunity card for the house I was saving up for, but that's my fault.

(my profile name is Psuedocrat)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Angrywyvern said:
This is really interesting and I'm really enjoying myself. It's a good game to return to every hour or so during your day, so that you don't have to wait 24 hours to play at all again, and your not always playing. I also love how they chose Victorian London over any other city or time period, because it really goes great with the brand of horror and humor they have.

There are a few things which bug me about the game though. For one, when an action is locked (like changing your residence) due to lack off items, I wish the game would tell me how many of those items I had without forcing me to go to my 'me' screen. The exhaustion system is also kind of annoying, not because you get exhausted at all, but because of something else. I made my profile at 3PM, so I use all my actions that day and eventually go to bed. But, since I created the profile at 3PM, I have to wait from until I waked up until 3PM to be rested again and get more action points. This is kind of annoying, because there's no way to change the time that you get your possible actions back. It would be nice if you always got them back at 8am or something, because then you only have to wait for less than 24 hours on the first day. But this would probably be problematic, since then they'd have to work on actually keeping track of the time, rather than just having a timer, and they'd have to account for timezones. It could also be an option to pay fate to change your 'reset' time, which would also solve the problem and would be simpler. But, these are both minor problems.

Also, I accidentally discarded the opportunity card for the house I was saving up for, but that's my fault.

(my profile name is Psuedocrat)
Your action clock is based off of when you made your first action of the day - that is to say, when you "spent" your first of that day's 70 actions. So to reset your clock to something more workable, you just need to take a day off from the game, then make sure you use up all your actions in an agreeable time frame.

Ziren

Apr 14, 2009
I think I'm done with this game now. Failing three times at straightforward-tests to conclude an ongoing mission - and the last one was the hard conclusion to "The curate and his sister" (which I attempted at Investigating... 30), a quest that can't even be repeated.

Right now, I'm frustrated enough by my everyday life. I don't need some chance-based browser game to poke into my wounds.

Beltaine

Oct 27, 2008
If you're like me and only made a twitter account to play this game, feel free to add me.

My twitter id is mgmaness

I only use twitter for Echo Bazaar, so you won't be getting anything weird from me.

I've started following anyone who put their twitter id on this page.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Turns out, Knife & Candle can be fun! I was saving my Fate for early Carnival entry but I've blown 20 so far on action refreshes.

Edit: 30

DragonsPet

Sep 24, 2009
If anyone needs anyone else murdered, poisoned, silenced or removed from polite society I am your man.

I also make a wicked hunter's stew should any of you be interested in joining me for supper, although it would be better for the both of us if you refrain from asking what the stew is made of.

Twitter profile is http://twitter.com/Dragonspet

Dintalion

Sep 29, 2010
Ziren said:
To everyone who wants my help getting rid of nightmares: I'm currently at nightmares 5 myself, so I can't afford to help you. Sorry.

I'd be happy about supper invitations, though. I need a lot more of those tokens of admiration.
Actually if you listen to nightmares you go up a little, but if you talk, you go down a lot. Net effect of both listening to each other is both going down a bit.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
This game is awesome, I will post my ingame name here as soon as I change it from my real life name (damn you facebook)

Captain Ka-Boom

Apr 15, 2010
Well, if you want to add me, feel free to do so. On Twitter I'm known as Herringish, and Facebook you may find me using the name Perrcas Solonine

War Monkey

Nov 29, 2007
I crumbled under the pressure and snagged a twitter just to check this out. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be any easy way to meet people within the game. I guess that's what the rest of the internet is for.

Twitter: MLoade

Feel free to add me.