How angry do you get when you play online FPS?

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I only get mildly annoyed if I go on a several death losing streak (I had to quit the game for the day when I went 5 and 15+ for two games in a row). I almost never rage-quit. The campers and grenade launchers I'm fine with. Now my brother on the other hand is a great player, but really tends to curse a lot when he starts losing because the bottom person on his team is play that badly or when he goes on a losing streak from an off day.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
Not at all I have a 2.00 K/D spread, only get angry if I get killed repeatedly in bs ways.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
I get extremely angry! I punch my keyboard and usually i throw things which is nearby.

Edit: This angry behaviour is only when i have had a big death streak or just get pissed by the people im playing with

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Speedwagon said:
So my question is how angry/pissed do you get when bad things happen to you in FPSs?(COD, Halo, etc.) Do you yell to the skies in fury or do you get the feeling you just stubbed your toe after each death? Or some other emotion in fact?
I hardly get angry, if at all. It is a game, after all, so I don't get angry dying in FPS games.

Plus, I don't play online. I hardly have, and don't have much reason to, so I don't have nasty players to contend with. Only the AI.

Mar 9, 2010
I get pissed off when it's not a fair kill. Y'know when you have that split second lag and you die before the guys even started shooting and when you knife a guy but he continues to run past and shoot you.

That's when I shout. Turns out, these sort of thins happen a lot in Black Ops.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
[Experience of Online FPSs consisting mostly of TF2]Well I play Engineer so it's annoying, but at least there's a chance that you're sentry will still be in one peice! [/Experience of Online FPSs consisting mostly of TF2]
Not very...

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
It varies. If I die, it doesn't matter. Hell, I'm suicidal, most times. But if the fun gets killed? The shit hits the fan. First, it's perma-scowl-o vision. Then, it's under-breath cursing. Then, it's yelling. Then, it's off to the kitchen to fix a drink, and rant about everything that's wrong with the game I was playing.

It doesn't matter if I win or lose, kill or die, massacre, or just scrape by; if it's fun, I give not a shite. If the fun dies, so does everyone else. If that doesn't work, then go by the anger chart posted above, for my reactions. End of line.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Any time I notice the rage building I quit before any shouting starts.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
If I hop online and have a couple bad games I just quite for a while, because obviously I'm not in the right mindset to do well. But if I am doing well and suddenly some bullshit starts happening I can of course be frustrated and throw out a few expletives. But overall, I'm generally pretty calm about it.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
The only online game I play is TF2, and I tend to quit long before I get truly angry. I refuse to play on normal respawn servers because nothing's more fucking frustrating than waiting 20 seconds, walking all the way to the fight, and getting sniped. Or backstabed. Or any of the other ways you can get agonizingly owned.

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
I only get angry with COD, which is why I don't play it anymore, but even then it's only swears and the occasional controller punching. Never broken anything though.

Pistachio101

Mar 1, 2011
If I die, I'm usually fairly accepting that it was either my fault or the person who killed me was more skilled than me. I sometimes get pissed off in a jokey way which probably just helps me relieve some stress, but I wouldn't think of doing it when in a room with others. That would make me kind of strange...

_>
<_<

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Well I have good days and I have bad days like most human beings.

On good days, I make everyone scream at me.
On bad days, I scream at them.

Does that answer your question?

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
why is he playing this game? is he having any fun at all? no one is forcing him to do this to himself. i enjoy myself when playing any game, or i stop.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I do get frustrated on occasion, but usually it is over my inability to notice the sniper in time(or sometimes because I do see him but without enough time to get out of there) or from generally cheap deaths where I feel like I shot a guy a ton of times just to have him kill me instantly with seemingly little effort.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Stupidly, ridiculously, hilariously angry.

I try to avoid them nowadays as they're bad for my mood.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
I honestly get way more annoyed in a hard/poorly designed singleplayer section than I ever do online. I can almost always have fun online, no matter if I'm winning or losing.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
No, I don't get angry. at all. If you get angry playing game, why are you playing it? I'd imagine intentionally stubbing your toe repeatedly would be a more efficient way.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I'm pretty profane when I play. I don't get angry-angry, but I've gotten into the habit of eliciting a stress reaction whenever something breaks my stride.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
It's funny, I quit an FPS recently because I was tired of having my ass handed to me. Combo a bad night with great players = no fun for me. I wasn't angry, I just had enough. My friend IM'd me and said thanks, you rage quit and we haven't won a match since.

We weren't winning before that, but he made me laugh anyway.

When I do get angry, I might flip off the screen or swear, but that's about the end of it. It's just a game and the more worked up you get, the worse you will play and the more worked up you get... you get the idea.