How are you Internet Famous?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Earlier today, I was having a conversation with some of my friends. We were talking about the rise in internet reviewers, such as sites like TGWTG, and the idea behind internet fame. It was my contention that internet fame means almost nothing compared to real world fame. My point was that everyone has some tentative claim to internet fame. Any guy with a camera can become an internet reviewer. And many have.

So I ask you, dear readers. What makes you ?internet famous??

I don?t have much, except the fact that something I wrote is linked on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Which, now that I think about it, isn?t something I should be bragging about?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Absolutely nothing, unless you count being one of two people who google says uses the name "Arveduin" the other one is on AoC, whom I need to ask where they came across the name.

I'll do it eventually.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
JaceArveduin said:
Absolutely nothing, unless you count being one of two people who google says uses the name "Arveduin" the other one is on AoC, whom I need to ask where they came across the name.

I'll do it eventually.
Just wondering, but how did you choose that name?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Over <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/2-50-Reviews>140 people follow my reviews.

That counts, right?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Well I've got over 12,000 posts...
That's something... I think.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
CM156 said:
Just wondering, but how did you choose that name?
Well Jace, despite the normal belief, is actually just my ignorance of DBZ and was given to me by a childhood friend, I used it for my first multiplayer game and it stuck.

Arveduin is actually me just being a combination of lazy and awesome while tweaking Tolkien's King Arvedui's name by tossing a N on the end to make it my own. I have checked and I'm 99% positive that I'm the only Jace Arveduin on the internet. Though I do know there are tons of Jace's and at least one other Arveduin now.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Other than this account? I have two Deviant Art accounts.

enmadaio2588 and, shoggoth8852. The later is WAY MORE POPULAR, some of my pieces having been viewed a couple thousand times!

Buschmaki

Apr 16, 2009
What makes me internet famous is my 18-inch penis. And to be honest the only person who can claim true internet fame is Christian Weston Chandler, and maybe Boxxy.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Um, I'm not. I'm nice but famous isn't how I would describe myself. Nor do I want to be famous without accomplishing something >.>

Marter said:
Over <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/2-50-Reviews>140 people follow my reviews.

That counts, right?
No, you're still obscure. It's not like people actually read them :p

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_g7liFq_3A&lc=ZNrs7TkwEf9W5aIjY-gip5OdHhp-eqg9AWO-8ppuxhw&feature=inbox

Apparently I'm 'famous' cause people like my sense of humor. Go figure. Whatever.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I have a deviantart account where I post a few sketches every month which average 2-5 views apiece, I have uploaded a whopping total of 2 videos to youtube both of which I deleted, I have a little over 1,000 posts on this site.....

In short, I'm not. However I do have plans of making a webcomic (yea I know, me and every other person on the internet.) so there is a remote possibility. And yes I have watched yahzees video on the topic

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
enmadaio2588 and, shoggoth8852. The later is WAY MORE POPULAR, some of my pieces having been viewed a couple thousand times!
Could you send me a link to your deviantarts, PWETTY PWEASE??

I love looking at art and I wouldn't mind looking at your more popular pieces. Who knows, I might come back a fan. ^-^

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Dango said:
Well I've got over 12,000 posts...
That's something... I think.
And the world's most adorable avatar!

*waves* Hi Fuko!

OT: My brother and I have earned a reputation on PSN for being good Tekken players. We constantly get challenges from people we don't even know.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I am fairly well recognized on the Escapist as "That Guy With Those Blasted Avatars From HELLLLLLLLLLLL".

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Buschmaki said:
What makes me internet famous is my 18-inch penis.
Alright, fair enough, someone was going to make the joke. Might as well have been you.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I have written a fanfiction for Valkyria Chronicles which got a few hundred hits.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I suppose I might be recognized by a few people around here for my not always popular views on things like fighting games (absolutely love them) and used games (yes, they are hurting the industry). I was also the leader of a fairly well known guild/faction in The Matrix Online.. though saying that doesn't mean much when the game itself wasn't overly well known.

.. so, basically, I'm pretty much not even Internet Famous. *cry*

RagnaThePig said:
I ripoff Zero Punctuaction in French. A dozen people listen to me.
I am intrigued. Where may I head to perhaps join this giant fan base?