How are you Internet Famous?

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
I think you are right. Real world fame beat online.

Most my fame comes from Star Wars Galaxies. I wrote most the Armorsmith FAQ's on the official site, was the official player rep for Munitions crafting for a bit and was spotlighted by the developers though the actual interview is no longer on the site I think. If I search LeviticusD on google I'll see my faq's posted here and there, but the world has moved on from that train wreck.

Occasionally in a different MMO, I'll get a tell asking if I am that LeviticusD (or "uncle Lizzy" as I was knkown as as well) but that's the end of my fame.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
Dont know if it counts but my photobucket account(sansamour117) has around 185000 veiws.
I make anime themed GIFs that end up all over the internetz.

Mr Banana Chips Man

Nov 3, 2008
Go and google "The Chips Maneuver." It may not be the first on the list. Look for an entry with "Kobayashi Maru Vol. 21" The Chips Maneuver (obviously be the poster Mr. Chips) should be on page 4. It's a bit long, but read it and you might get a laugh.

There's a hard to find website out there made of a bunch of Star Trek fans. One of them copy pasta'd the Chips Maneuver and they had a great time laughing it up.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I do reviews that no-one reads.
SOON TO CHANGE!
Calumon: I say things that come to my head and some people think it's cute. :S

Scenttree

Feb 1, 2010
Well, somehow my adventure time video has 10,000 views. That isn't fame though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sq9jO4jOI8

Oh err, I also got the first comment on the last Old Spice video saying goodbye when they were pumping out questions awhile ago.

Robert Ewing said:
Marter said:
Over <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/2-50-Reviews>140 people follow my reviews.

That counts, right?
Makes that 141 my good sir.
Make that 142.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
.>
*Cough* [http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHaza2?feature=mhee]
Just thought I'd get that out there.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
No. I am not famous. I have done nothing of intrest on the internet. I doubt anyone remembers me at all. Not that I really care. :)

ScrubberDucky

Feb 17, 2011
I'm that guy with the avatar that nobody ever, ever, EVER gets. I've started using it on every website that I go to, almost as a joke.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Nothing anymore. I had a few vaguely successful fanfics a while back, but they've since been deleted or removed. I wanted to distance myself from all that stuff. Anything I write now is under a new set of pseudonyms or anonymous.

Turns out being known or even recognised in fandom, even small ones, is not something I want at all.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Well, I
dogstile said:
I doubt anyone really knows me on the internet other than "that argumentative bastard".
Funny... that was almost exactly what I was going to say!

...you just messed up on one word though

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I was the 8th best Dan player in Europe for a while on the Xbox 360 version of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. That means I was at the bottom of the first page if you viewed the top European Dan players. Yeah.

... So no, I'm not internet famous.

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
I run a blog on wordpress which is only slightly more prestigious then running an 8-bit gaming webcomic. A blog i might add that i actually havent written anything new for in a long time.ri
https://riversmusings.wordpress.com/

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I make movies about games for a company reporting on games.
I suppose I'm not famous, as my name is not signed with it.

But I like to think it counts for something...

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
badgersprite said:
Nothing anymore. I had a few vaguely successful fanfics a while back, but they've since been deleted or removed. I wanted to distance myself from all that stuff. Anything I write now is under a new set of pseudonyms or anonymous.

Turns out being known or even recognised in fandom, even small ones, is not something I want at all.
If I might ask, what were they fanfics of?

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I guess I'd be most Internet Famous for my music:

[link]mindlessmachines.com/bobbieboob.html[/link]

Just came out with 3 (4?) new albums this year, with another completed and waiting for release, and I just received news that I'm going to be appearing live on radio!

SwiftBlade18

May 18, 2009
last i checked the club im in on fifa 11 (xbox360) was ranked 190th in the world...thats pretty good...

and Im the only person in the club i believe with more goals than games played (something like 370 played 380 scored)

Im pretty happy with that..though that record will mean nothing soon as fifa12 is out in next few weeks

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
I do some amateur voice acting work and have a very small following on youtube for some Let's Plays. Think that is about it.