How awesome is your luck?

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Two fold really. I'll never win a lottery, or get crisps for 5 cents for that matter.
That said I never really get physically hurt; I might bruise some ribs during a festival, but totally not in proportion to my often impulsive slightly erradic behaviour e.g. tempting heights and making flipovers when drunk, strange gross/fine motion and generally throwing things around when sober.

In general I do consider myself lucky.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
My luck is about as awesome as being shot in the leg. Sure, some people have it worse than I do, and I should really be grateful that it wasn't a shot in the face, but that doesn't mean I like it. I'm usually the guy standing next to the one who finds a load of money in the street.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Truly-A-Lie said:
My luck is about as awesome as being shot in the leg. Sure, some people have it worse than I do, and I should really be grateful that it wasn't a shot in the face, but that doesn't mean I like it. I'm usually the guy standing next to the one who finds a load of money in the street.
Well, if that guy is anything like I was, you're about to go to a really bitchin' birthday party. ;)

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
Quite a while ago, I stumbled onto a magical money spigot, a job that gave me a paycheck even if I sat in a single chair and played GTA until severe neck cramps caused me to consider making an appeal to OSHA. Now that job has dried up and I'm getting layed off, and my boss has been promoted and offered me another job where I do slightly more actual work but still have plenty of time for whatever game or novel occupies my attention. HA!

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
I guess I'm quite lucky :p, at least I went as far as winning three poker nights in a row, and as with girls I would say I'm quite lucky as well. Met a lot of wonderful people :)

But of course bad lucks do happen, like that day you just woke up 3 hours late for your exam,or just one person short in line for something.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
It's complicated. There are ups and downs to my luck.

Ups

Generally I live a very good life: good parents, a roof over my head and a good school

I'm well off

things often go well for me; little things that I can't recount but I know are there

Downs

The people around me aren't so lucky; my mother had an accident and badly hurt her back which has been a problem for her for as long as I can remember...maybe because I was in the womb when it happened

I've had to become used to disappointment, mostly due to the problem mentioned above

There are a of things I want to be able to do: I'd love to be good at sports, be able to play an instrument and good at art, but I couldn't do any of them to save my life.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
1. I'm still alive.
2. I'm in a good University studying the subject I want to study.
3. I eat like a pig and am still average weight.

I think I'm pretty good right now lol

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
I don't really belive in luck. It's all a collection of independent situations that can benefit someone or not, and luck just means that one has a good statistic.
Myself I don't really consider my luck (easier to refer to then statistic) isn't awsome, but stable, and good at that. I don't consider any moment in my life my luckiest moment (pretty much since I don't belive in luck) but I have moments that I consider to be pretty good and by chance.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Listen:
We're sitting in a classroom in one of the breaks with other people. So I get me a deck of cards, shuffle it, tell the guy sitting next to me to pick the top card and memorise it. Obviously without showing me. He does so, gives the card back, I shuffle the deck for some time. Then I flop the top and bottom cards, and ask him if either one is the one he picked. He gets surprised, says the bottom card really is the one he picked. I go into epic lulz.

You see, what happened is this: I did exactly what I described. No tricks, no fancy-schmancy way of counting the cards... nothing. I just left it up to sheer luck. I had a 2/52 chance that it works... and it worked.

Laaaaaaaaaaaameeee...

Otherwise, I'm not really a lucky person. Lots of bad things happen to me and those I see around me, and really good things are few and far between. Or maybe I'm just a pessimist, willfully ignoring the positive. Ah well.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well...I have a badge from the site that I earned from playing a Luck Based game. I beat the AI by 1080 points and no one even came close to it.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
theamazingbean said:
Quite a while ago, I stumbled onto a magical money spigot, a job that gave me a paycheck even if I sat in a single chair and played GTA until severe neck cramps caused me to consider making an appeal to OSHA. Now that job has dried up and I'm getting layed off, and my boss has been promoted and offered me another job where I do slightly more actual work but still have plenty of time for whatever game or novel occupies my attention. HA!
I got me one of those. I'm manning the spigot right now, in fact. lol

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In real life, not very good. The closest is usually getting the first three numbers in a lotto which happen to me twice and I had own at least over thirty tickets in the past.

In the game I fair a bit beter like getting a rare weapon first or a few times trying to get it.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I'm sporadically lucky.

I can go for months just sitting at "Average" luck, with no good nor bad luck.

Then I can have anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 days worth of lucky things happening.

Though in games I just have terrible luck, I never find anything rare or special and the RNG hates me... So many times I've failed in Left 4 Dead 2 just because I'm so unlucky that I get some stupid spawn that is impossible (Such as having 2 Tanks spawn, at the very beginning of a level... You're not supposed to be able to have more than one outside finales...)

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I'm kind of lucky most of the time, it could be because I almost always only focus on the Good things, but yeah, I've had my share of good luck. I mean in real life, in Love... not so much. All the girls I like right now are either not single, in a different city or "inappropriate". I don't really believe in luck when it comes to games... but if I did I think it would be pretty bad actually.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Lullabye said:
I've avoided dying every day so far. So I'm better off than alot of people right now.
Also, I always win Rock-Paper-Scissors. Just lucky like that.
But your avatar has the Afro and the Afro is the champion...or is the champion the Afro.