How can "gamers" and "social justice warriors" get along?

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
jpz719 said:
erttheking said:
jpz719 said:
Considering most SJW's are neurotic, cry-babies who spend large portions of their lives screaming
at max volume at non-issues, I DON'T want to get along with them. I don't want them to get along with anyone else. I want them, their pathetic parody of humanitarism, their crap arguments, all of it, to fail.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SV2t29C9Hc4/Udip0f3dFUI/AAAAAAAAAS4/6Kjr827vRPw/s1600/Strawman+playbackups+com.jpg

I don't find your arguments to be particularly accurate, nor compelling. In reality they have no basis in fact and seem to be pure bias given the form of statements.
Go on r/Tumblrinaction for 5 minutes and you'll see how terrible these people can be.
I hope you realize that /r/TumblrinAction is a subreddit specifically made to make Tumblr look bad by focusing on the few assholes there are and not the massive amount of:
Fangirls donating the actors favorite causes, sometimes reaching thousands to tens of thousands of dollars in charity money through Tumblr alone.
Aspiring artists like SakimiChan and kanapy and ionahi who make absolutely incredible art
Aspiring writers like Not-poignant and myself who write freely for the masses.

And those are just the start of the awesome posts.

Basically....TumblrinAction is the 'BadCopNoDonut' or /b of Tumblr. It is one segment of the site that people use to smear the popularity of a group of people in order to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
jpz719 said:
ultreos2 said:
jpz719 said:
ultratog1028 said:
jpz719 said:
Considering most SJW's are neurotic, cry-babies who spend large portions of their lives screaming
at max volume at non-issues,
So they have more in common with Gamers then we thought
Difference is that 99% of gamers don't get pissed about minor non-issues.
True, but that 1% that does get pissed about minor non issues is really freaking loud.
They're annoying, sure. But the difference is that SJW are 99% screamers. Every single time some pyschotic posts on their tumblr about how the world should cater to them, or how they're fucking special and perfect, or how those oh-so-evil white men told them not to aimlessly whine, nobody from their own movement calls them out on their bullshit. With gamers everyone with a working brain cell, when some gamers do questionable/stupid things they know it and tell them that they're being stupid.
Surprise. People see themselves through rose colored glasses. On the internet.
And no, that last sentence is wrong.

Spoiler for NSFW

Do you have any idea how many rape threats I've gotten just from talking in voice chat during games - from 'large' party groups (as in, friends who know each other, primarily male)? None of them tell each other the calm it the fuck down, when someone threatens to "spread my ass nice and wide", even when I tell them to fuck off, I get messages and continued threats and shit. It doesn't matter if I play better then them, worse then them or just about equal, I don't even have to say anything insulting or really anything of measure. A simple 'good job' and that's all it takes to have guys filling my inbox with un-wanted flirts.

If I don't respond within a day or so, they message me and tell me what a ***** I am, how much of a whore I am, etcetc.

If you want to keep raising up tumblr's worst, I introduce you to http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

A site that shows exactly why gamers are being attacked by SJW's in the first place: because you have extremely visible assholes, just like we do.

For everyone who thinks 'oh, lol. SJW's are over the top, not that many rude gamers. We're blameless little angels.'
http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

The site comes complete with various types of insults, filed under things such as 'Stepford Mentality' and 'Crudely Creative', amongst others!

Here's one look at some submitted content!

Enjoy.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
jpz719 said:
Angelblaze said:
jpz719 said:
ultreos2 said:
jpz719 said:
ultratog1028 said:
jpz719 said:
True, but that 1% that does get pissed about minor non issues is really freaking loud.
They're annoying, sure. But the difference is that SJW are 99% screamers. Every single time some pyschotic posts on their tumblr about how the world should cater to them, or how they're fucking special and perfect, or how those oh-so-evil white men told them not to aimlessly whine, nobody from their own movement calls them out on their bullshit. With gamers everyone with a working brain cell, when some gamers do questionable/stupid things they know it and tell them that they're being stupid.

Spoiler for NSFW

Do you have any idea how many rape threats I've gotten just from talking in voice chat during games - from 'large' party groups (as in, friends who know each other, primarily male)? None of them tell each other the calm it the fuck down, when someone threatens to "spread my ass nice and wide", even when I tell them to fuck off, I get messages and continued threats and shit. It doesn't matter if I play better then them, worse then them or just about equal, I don't even have to say anything insulting or really anything of measure. A simple 'good job' and that's all it takes to have guys filling my inbox with un-wanted flirts.

If I don't respond within a day or so, they message me and tell me what a ***** I am, how much of a whore I am, etcetc.

If you want to keep raising up tumblr's worst, I introduce you to http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

A site that shows exactly why gamers are being attacked by SJW's in the first place: because you have extremely visible assholes, just like we do.

For everyone who thinks 'oh, lol. SJW's are over the top, not that many rude gamers. We're blameless little angels.'

The site comes complete with various types of insults, filed under things such as 'Stepford Mentality' and 'Crudely Creative', amongst others!

Enjoy.
Yes, there's fuckin jerks in the world. I get it. The problem is that SJWs act like anti-social, pyschotic, sexist, misanthropes and get away with it. It doesn't take 5 minutes of searching through tumblr for the words misandry, kill all men or anything else you can think of to find some sexist, bigoted, asshole. When gamers act like morons they are universally reviled, not only by their peers but by the rest of the world and media. When SJWs propose that men should be slaughtered en masse nobody bats an eye.
You do realize everything you've just said is an anti-thesis for your own point right?

You are batting an eye.

You see that, right?

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
jpz719 said:
Angelblaze said:
jpz719 said:
Angelblaze said:
jpz719 said:
ultreos2 said:
jpz719 said:
ultratog1028 said:
jpz719 said:

Spoiler for NSFW

Enjoy.
Yes, there's fuckin jerks in the world. I get it. The problem is that SJWs act like anti-social, pyschotic, sexist, misanthropes and get away with it. It doesn't take 5 minutes of searching through tumblr for the words misandry, kill all men or anything else you can think of to find some sexist, bigoted, asshole. When gamers act like morons they are universally reviled, not only by their peers but by the rest of the world and media. When SJWs propose that men should be slaughtered en masse nobody bats an eye.
You do realize everything you've just said is an anti-thesis for your own point right?

You are batting an eye.

You see that, right?
I'm referring to the majority of human beings who are not immediatley involved in the subject. People who come to sites to just read news storys, the average human beings, don't give a shit when SJWs act like misanthropic, "holier-than-thou" jerks. People do give a shit when gamers act like jerks. And when someone uses the screen name Misandry Mermaid, gets away with it and then associates with a movement that endorses said behavior, I refuse adamantly to associate that movement with good feelings, of "bring equality to the world".
So you completely ignored my argument for that part right?

Gamers do not turn around and immediately call out other gamers - I've seen it happen, I've been a victim to the 'mob mentality' of gamers.

Copying and pasting my spoiler argument from back up, with bolding around the parts that deal with the current topic.
Again, NSFW.

And this isn't just 'Call of Duty xbox 360' kids either. This is just about every voice involved game I've been on with the keen and very close exception of Dota 2 - you'd be surprised how nice people are there. And yes. DOTA 2.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
[qoute=Angelblaze]And this isn't just 'Call of Duty xbox 360' kids either. This is just about every voice involved game I've been on with the keen and very close exception of Dota 2 - you'd be surprised how nice people are there. And yes. DOTA 2.[/quote]

I find it very hard to believe that a MOBA community let alone DOTA 2 is the nicest voice communities out there and is even better then something like COD or Counter Strike .

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
jpz719 said:
erttheking said:
jpz719 said:
at max volume at non-issues, I DON'T want to get along with them. I don't want them to get along with anyone else. I want them, their pathetic parody of humanitarism, their crap arguments, all of it, to fail.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SV2t29C9Hc4/Udip0f3dFUI/AAAAAAAAAS4/6Kjr827vRPw/s1600/Strawman+playbackups+com.jpg

I don't find your arguments to be particularly accurate, nor compelling. In reality they have no basis in fact and seem to be pure bias given the form of statements.
Go on r/Tumblrinaction for 5 minutes and you'll see how terrible these people can be.
I've spent a good deal of time on tumblr, and I've only ever found a handful of people that are iritable about the subject, and none that meet your blown out of proportion straw men. And the irritable ones took more than five minutes to find. I find your arguments to be flawed.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
jpz719 said:
I've been following your conversations in this thread for a while.

I find it funny that you claim that SJW's are neurotic, insane, whatever overblown description you can find of them, and yet your posts...are nothing short of the very thing you are claiming.

Seriously man. Take a breather. You got all bent out of shape in one post about some troll having a username called "Misandry Mermaid" to start a movement that clearly never took off on Xbox Live of all places. The hub of such fine dialect like ******, Spicks, Get Back In the Kitchen jokes, and anything that can even remotely hurt someone's feelings. And someone calling themselves Misandry Mermaid is the epitome of trash?

Honestly, as someone who frequents tumblr a lot, you really have to go out of your way to so much as sniff these people. That's how prevalent "SJWs" are. In the larger scale of things they don't exist. It's another internet boogeyman that the more isolated gamer community made up. A buzzword.

SJW is only used the very moment someone says I wish "X" was in this game, and the next thing you know he/she is dogpiled and accused of taking away "artistic freedom" (hilarious in and of itself considering how most games are focus grouped, checklisted to hell.), insane, and need to stfu. All the while those same people leave death, rape, and abuse threats because as we all know that's an appropriate response to something petty like this on Youtube.

Oh, and while were at it, lets get mad at old farts saying videogames aren't art, yet at the same time you defend it as an artistic medium you also don't want people to criticize their representation, overall meaning, and impact and reflection of society. Things that mediums with artistic merit are subject to on a daily basis.